Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

No Name

Considering Midway Mania was the highest-rated attraction for many years and is still one of the highest, I'm not sure how one can call it less than an E-ticket. Apparently there's some special criterion among elitists that transcends any business sense or popular opinion.

The park will take a huge hit without it for a week.

Timothy_Q

I don't know why they would want to use an aspect of the film without the main character...
2-DLF7217889-Edit.jpg

Rteetz

I find Pandora an interesting exception. In order for this land to work well in AK they had to go this route. People weren't drawn to the characters in Avatar like they are with Black Panther. Disney also could have used Avatar characters had they so chosen. I am also one of those people that would rather not see Black Panther in Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

TP2000

Can anyone name three characters from Avatar?

Nope, no one can. Which is exactly why for the last decade, in a neighborhood crawling with trick-or-treaters every October 31st, absolutely no one has ever shown up at my front door dressed as anything remotely related to the Avatar movie. Ever. Every year I get a dozen or more Disney Princesses, at least a dozen Star Wars costumes that often involve the entire family from Dad to Daughter, and a good dozen or more Marvel superheroes, plus the usual zombies, monsters, ghosts, TV characters, and various pop-culture characters. But never, ever, Avatar. Never.

And Black Panther was the biggest hit Disney has had in years, and set all sorts of box office records. He appears daily at Disneyland Resort, driving in to his meet-n-greet on his cool truck with his lady bodyguards who have totally committed to the role by shaving their heads.

If they could use Black Panther in WDW like Disneyland uses him, they would.

blackpantherdisneycaliforniaadventure-1085290.jpeg

But trying to get this back On Topic...

Disneyland announced today a Pixar Pier Premiere Party the night before Pixar Pier officially opens. For the low, low cost of just $299 you can ride the Incredicoaster (rethemed California Screamin'), ride a repainted Ferris Wheel (the unfortunately named Pixar Pal-A-Round) and get one (1) "sample" of the food offered at the four new snack bars in the rethemed land. I'm not making this up. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...enture-park-on-june-22-six-reasons-to-attend/

Tellingly, the Disney Parks Blog had to shut down the heavily edited comment section within a few hours of its announcement. Will there be a similar offering for the opening of Toy Story Land at DHS? If repainted/rethemed rides and some snack bar samples are apparently worth 300 bucks at Disneyland, what would be the going rate for a Toy Story Land Premiere preview ticket on June 29th? $599?

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Considering Midway Mania was the highest-rated attraction for many years and is still one of the highest, I'm not sure how one can call it less than an E-ticket. Apparently there's some special criterion among elitists that transcends any business sense or popular opinion.

The park will take a huge hit without it for a week.
For years Dumbo was one of the most popular attractions in The Magic Kingdom, with lines that snaked through Fantasyland. That didn't make it an E-Ticket.

Internally the ride was known as it was being designed as a fun D-Ticket. For a Dark Ride that seems to ring true - more ambitious than a C-Ticket Snow White or Mr. Toad, but less so than an E-Ticket Haunted Mansion or Great Movie Ride.

djkidkaz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom