News Disney considering a service like Uber at WDW - Confirmed as Minnie Van

SteveAZee

Has anyone experienced what happens when you call for a ride with 7 or more passengers? I think it was said once that you pay the flat fee regardless of party size, so do they send two Minnie vans or a larger van (as shown) or what?

jencor

I think they are two different things. Scooters are electric and wheelchairs are manual. I push my wife in a wheelchair cause if she used a scooter she would be talked about by everyone. Beware of the lady in the scooter as she is running over everyone and anything.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

In fact - FEW are.... These just don't work for a couple. Too expensive.
GREAT for a family.
But a Standard MEARS CAB runs between $10 to $25 per leg for a couple. Just us - sticking with this :).

durangojim

Original Poster
In fact - FEW are.... These just don't work for a couple. Too expensive.
GREAT for a family.
But a Standard MEARS CAB runs between $10 to $25 per leg for a couple. Just us - sticking with this :).
We used the service twice this past week while we were staying at the Beach Club. Both times we used them to get from the Beach Club to MK which is great since they drop you at the bus stop. We used regular Uber/Lyft twice as well but that was to the GF from BC and to BC from WL. I can say that the Minnie van was a much nicer and more comfortable experience but twice as expensive for my family of 4.

Bairstow

Capacity for other family members is limited on those chair-capable vans, I think to 3, but I'm not positive.

We used a Minnie Van last month to get from Beach Club to Kidani and fitting in 6 adults and a folded wheelchair was a real ordeal. I didn't know that the Chevy Traverses they are using already have 2 large child carseats taking up most of the rear hatch, so to fit us in we had to take both the child seats out, wrangle our wheelchair into the back, get in the van, and be handed the child seats which we then held upside-down on our laps and faces in the second and back rows.

Brian

Has anyone experienced what happens when you call for a ride with 7 or more passengers? I think it was said once that you pay the flat fee regardless of party size, so do they send two Minnie vans or a larger van (as shown) or what?

If your party is more than 4 (one member in a wheelchair/ECV), they second the ADA Van as shown and a traditional Traverse Minnie Van for $25 total. They know because you have to call in advance to secure the ADA van.

21stamps

My sister is there now and her party asked for a Minnie Van for a breakfast reservation.. they were told 6 total passengers only, they are a party of 7. They could have split and traveled in two, each one is still $25 though.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
My sister is there now and her party asked for a Minnie Van for a breakfast reservation.. they were told 6 total passengers only, they are a party of 7. They could have split and traveled in two, each one is still $25 though.
Sounds like an Uber with a 15-pax Chevy Express could make some good money at WDW...
1523282999088.png

jencor

That's not the Disney way: Electric Conveyance Vehicles, or, ECVs. Rolls right off the tongue.

I think ECVs are just a way to charge more, they are the same thing. Scooters roll just as easy off the tongue and since that was what was mentioned earlier, I went with it. I see on Disney's website that they call it ECVs also, but they say you can rent them at four other places and sure enough, everyone of those places have scooter in their name. Scooter Bug, Beuna Vista Scooter Rentals, Best Price Scooters & Strollers and Apple Scooter.

madmartigan

We were at Disney World last week, and it was absolutely impossible to get a Minnie Van. We have two young girls who both require car seats, so the Minnie Vans are great for us. We had dinner at AKL while staying at Yacht Club, and figured we'd grab a Minnie Van back - we tried for about a half hour with no luck. We ended up having to take the shuttle to Epcot and walk through the park back to our hotel.

ThatMouse

It's more like $30 with tip. But I need to hear more people's experiences using this at Magic Kingdom at park closing? Where do you wait for it? Is it faster than the buses (ie 45 mins) or just walking over to the Contemporary to grab a cab?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
We were at Disney World last week, and it was absolutely impossible to get a Minnie Van. We have two young girls who both require car seats, so the Minnie Vans are great for us. We had dinner at AKL while staying at Yacht Club, and figured we'd grab a Minnie Van back - we tried for about a half hour with no luck. We ended up having to take the shuttle to Epcot and walk through the park back to our hotel.
Ruh-roh... with that kind of shortage, expect the ride price to go to $50 pretty quickly...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom