Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Timothy_Q

You expected no M&Gs?
Maybe. Pandora and HP don’t have them.

If they were striving for any sort of consistency in the land, they wouldn’t have the Buzz, Woody and Jessie statues at least.
Especially considering they’re so much bigger than the walk around characters.

Plenty other characters from the movies that won’t be doing M&G that could’ve been used for the statues

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So now the giant Buzz and Woody static figures make even less sense

1521760136143.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Maybe. Pandora and HP don’t have them.

If they were striving for any sort of consistency in the land, they wouldn’t have the Buzz, Woody and Jessie statues at least.
Especially considering they’re so much bigger than the walk around characters.

Plenty other characters from the movies that won’t be doing M&G that could’ve been used for the statues

It’s toy story land. Of course they will have meet and greets.

There there many things to complain about for this land. A meet and greet isn’t one of them.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pixar Characters will Greet Guests in Toy Story Land at Walt Disney World Resort
As regular readers know, we’ve been sharing updates on what to expect when Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios opens to guests on June 30. Today, we’re excited to let you know that inside this new land, you’ll have the chance to encounter some of your favorite characters from the Disney•Pixar “Toy Story” films, including Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl.​
Woody, Buzz and Jessie will be greeting guests throughout Toy Story Land on a daily basis. And each character (along with the rest of the gang) will be joining in on the fun in a land where guests “shrink” to the size of a toy. Guests will be also be able to take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash, a roller coaster Andy has assembled from his Mega Coaster Play Kit, or take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers, a galactic play set that Andy won at Pizza Planet.​
Commence head-exploding!!

smile

Now the whole "size of green army men" thing makes even less sense.

so, from the beginning, you will feel like you are one of andy's toys, as we are shrinking you down to the size of a toy because the grasses and the planting in your entire backyard is going to be surrounding you... super-size

yup

Castle Cake Apologist

They did not mix Adventureland with Fantasyland until that immediate and sudden transition. What the reality was is that you could see just about all the lands from Fantasyland just by turning around 360 degrees.
Suppose I am entering, for example, Adventureland from the other direction? What prepared me for Fantasyland from that side and if the landscape carries beyond the Adventureland itself and into Fantasyland. Doesn't that become just the opposite.

I ignored it the first time you tried to make this point, but then you tried to make it again.

1. You cannot enter Fantasyland through Adventureland, or vice versa. This was likely an intentional design choice.
2. You cannot see "just about all the lands from Fantasyland."
3. Transitional design elements do work both ways. This is just logic. If the railings, buildings, music, and plants slowly transition from one way, they will transition the opposite way if you are going back to the land you came from.
4. There are lots of other examples of transitional design choices in the park, but I would imagine that nobody is too keen to point them out to you at this juncture.

And with that, I retire from this argument.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Don’t throw tomatoes, but I actually like Mermaid. Not $80,000,000-like, but I think it’s fine. Better than Pooh...

And if not for nostalgia, I’d probably say it’s better than Peter Pan.

I’ll show myself out.
I'm with you. For what it is it's a perfectly acceptable attraction. Add in the fact that Pan's wait time is typically 4 times the length of Little Mermaid and it's a no brainer.

RSoxNo1

According to trusted insiders, there is a radiation leak nearby. Andy has moved all his toys outside while the Government has quarantined his house looking for the source of the leak and questioning his mother on charges of domestic terrorism in transporting the material.

As civilian members of the Government envoy investigating this matter, you are exposed to the radiation and physically are shrunk to the size of the toy. Because of your exposure you only have 12 hours left to live, so the toys take pity on you and set up games and rides to make your last few hours on Earth enjoyable until you die.

I hope this answers your question. :)
You win one internets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom