Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Next Big Thing

Could Disney's acquisition of Fox (and subsequent acquisition of the Rio franchise) affect the Brazil area from how it currently stands?

Brer Oswald

Could Disney's acquisition of Fox (and subsequent acquisition of the Rio franchise) affect the Brazil area from how it currently stands?
I haven’t really heard people talk about this franchise in a long time so I doubt it. The sequel was poorly received, so I doubt they’ll return to it, and it’ll likely fade into obscurity by the time they decide to build a ride in the upcoming pavilion. Three Caballeros faded into obscurity too, but every single person who enters that park already knows who Donald Duck is!

No Name

Ha! That was awesome! :joyfull:
I agree.

Unfortunately they don't do anything like that anymore, because they'd rather bow to the superfans than appeal to the general public, and by gosh, was that commercial CANON?? Same reason they got rid of the profitable Jedi Mickey, Darth Goofy, etc. and ended the profitable Disney Infinity series. I understand and appreciate respecting your franchise, but it's healthy to acknowledge it's fiction and intended to be entertainment.

Sir_Cliff

I haven’t really heard people talk about this franchise in a long time so I doubt it. The sequel was poorly received, so I doubt they’ll return to it, and it’ll likely fade into obscurity by the time they decide to build a ride in the upcoming pavilion. Three Caballeros faded into obscurity too, but every single person who enters that park already knows who Donald Duck is!
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney sold Blue Sky pretty quickly. Why would they want a third animation studio? Either way, I don't see Disney being in any rush to start building attractions around Blue Sky films as if this was the new Pixar acquisition.

doctornick

Original Poster
So, it seems unlikely we'll see any Fox properties used in Disney parks any time soon (even once the deal closes which won't be for some time). Most of the Fox stuff doesn't really work well. But...

Two properties that might actually work well in World Showcase would be using Anastasia if they ever did a Russia pavilion. Or now Ferdinand if they did a Spain one (which at least is being considered and Gigantic is no longer in the works for Disney animation).

Ironically, of course, is that Disney did their own version of Ferdinand the Bull long ago.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

21stamps

Is this true? A Brazilian pavilion is coming to Epcot?

9B30A13C-2F23-48A8-AAEC-82BEF112FA8B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom