Serial Stroller Thief Caught!

peter11435

If this was a $100-$200 stroller this probably wouldn't have even made the forum. My children had umbrella strollers 40 years ago since that was what we could afford. and they turned out fine as well.

If this was a $100-$200 stroller this incident likely would have never occurred at all. When you flaunt your wealth you attract crime.

KrzyKtty

Well, need and want is relative. Who NEEDS a Mercedes when a Kia will get you from location A to location B just as well?
It's a matter of personal preference. If the family wants and can afford an $1,800 stroller who are we to question their choice?
I dunno, I owned a 97 Kia Sephia before, thing couldn't even get down the block most of the time, let alone to point B. Car was good on tires though, always in the shop instead. :D Kia = Killed In Action lol!

That being said, who cares about the value of the stroller. It isn't something that I would have done personally, but my family wastes plenty of money in other people's opinion. We have two multi thousand dollar servers in my house along with two monster multi thousand dollar personal towers. They are things we want and value, just like that family. The stupid choice was probably leaving their things in it though.

But if I did spend $1,800 on a stroller, you would be sure I would bring it everywhere. You only get so much use out of those things and I would make sure I got my money's worth!

JoeCamel

I was on the side of the family until I heard that value. I instantly went pro thief. That family needed a wake up call.

Conspiracy theory... maybe this is a Disney plant and is the start of many many more thefts as Disney wants bringing strollers a thing of the past. Forcing people to rent from Disney in turn making another revenue stream for TDO and tightening security loopholes. Who's with me?!?
Now you're thinking like a manager! Someone promote that guy!

alissafalco

I think she got a great deal on her stroller
<sarcasm>
IMG_9724.PNG

ninjaprincesst

There's enough people that use strollers down there as shopping carts and in-park luggage that they probably didn't think twice about it. No kid? Dad took the kid to the restroom for a diaper change or is already outside of the park headed back to the hotel. Pretty easy to make up a believable excuse for that.
She put her own kid in it to get it out.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So basically, it's piling on this woman because she has the resources and audacity to buy an expensive stroller. The point here should not be the price of the stroller, but the poor decision of the owner to leave her valuables, including medicine, in an unattended stroller and the system in place at Disney that allows the theft to happen.

f this was a $100-$200 stroller this probably wouldn't have even made the forum. My children had umbrella strollers 40 years ago since that was what we could afford. and they turned out fine as well.

As for the long miles, I'm sure an $1,800 dollar stroller can handle the ten or so miles it will travel in a day.

At least for me it's not about the stroller which was simply a conspicuous symbol it was the downright stupidity of leaving critical items like phone/wallet/keys in the stroller and the criminal negligence of leaving the kids EpiPen in the stroller as the whole point of an epipen is to have it IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER in the event of anaphylactic shock.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Absolutely in my area the mom's at the park have serious stroller insecurity. They would not dare roll up with a Graaco or something so pedestrian. It's an accessory like the $1000 yoga outfit and MK bag. The baby may even be engineered.

That's really sad on multiple levels, When was the last time these moms cracked a book to learn a new skill, 'Stuff' will eventually be forgotten useful skills and learning stay with you forever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom