Where should Zootopia Land go?

In what park would a Zootpoia Land go (and post why in the comments)?

• AK

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • MK

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • HS

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • EPCOT

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Doug Means

Original Poster
Try to convince your fellow WDW lovers on your thoughts. And if not an entire land but where the ride should go and what type of ride it should be.

Last edited:

KrzyKtty

In my opinion no where. A ride based on the attraction, sure! But an entire land devoted to it, I just don't see it. Immersion with that would be harder considering it is a land of talking animals. The cost for the animatronics alone would be prohibitive. Don't get me wrong, it is a great story to be sure, but it isn't really iconic like Toy Story or Star Wars. If anywhere, I guess AK since it is animals at least.

Cmdr_Crimson

AK..Remove Rafiki's planet watch, utilize the train, expand behind conservation station, And make it Zootopia with a Ride & Go Seek attraction similar to Monsters inc..
monsters_inc.jpg

Minnie Mum

I can't see any screaming need for an entire land based on this movie. Even Frozen didn't get that. If a ride has to be given over to this, put it in HS, where they put all the attractions that don't fit properly elsewhere (with the exception of the Frozen ride. And the Frozen M&G. And Monsters Inc. And Buzz Lightyears ride). Aw, heck, never mind - just put it anywhere.

Raineman

TBH, when it comes to the Disney animated features that have been released since Frozen, Moana should be the one that gets its own attraction, if there is one being planned at all, as there has not been a Disney movie since Frozen that has had the amount of public presence as much as Moana has.

njDizFan

Unless a movie has the lasting stability to be a franchise it is probably not going to get any presence in the parks.

Seabasealpha1

Directly in the trash...

If you'd want maybe a single ride somewhere at AK...ok...I guess...but after all this Avatar,Star Wars, and Toy Story BS, I'm not too sure that single IP's should get whole lands... because eventually, they run outta gas...thematic lands I think are a better long term investment and leave more room for future changes...

Hard to imagine...I know...

Doug Means

Original Poster
Directly in the trash...

If you'd want maybe a single ride somewhere at AK...ok...I guess...but after all this Avatar,Star Wars, and Toy Story BS, I'm not too sure that single IP's should get whole lands... because eventually, they run outta gas...thematic lands I think are a better long term investment and leave more room for future changes...

Hard to imagine...I know...
so what are you trying to say about Avatar, Star Wars, and Toy Story?

SteamboatJoe

Avatar is a big risk if that franchise bombs. Star Wars is strong enough to carry itself and have staying power. Toy Story is borderline but a smaller land like they are doing will probably be OK. Wouldn't be surprised, though, if it eventually goes the way of Toon Town in MK.

Seabasealpha1

I'm saying..."Enough already".

Build something NON-IP in a nonspecific to an IP land...

I just don't think new "lands" built under one IP name or theme are as broad as let's say "Adventureland" or "Fantasyland" or "Africa" or "Asia'. I mean...lets face it...they just sunk a huge chunk of money into Avatar...and so far all Jimmy Cameron has coughed up are further and further delays on all these sequels...which...in theory could still flop.

To me...it's a gamble. And crazy stupid expensive and risky given all of the classics and the whole drawer of ideas that are Non-IP that get shelved that wouldn't hinge on a film or IP's success...

Doug Means

Original Poster
Avatar is a big risk if that franchise bombs. Star Wars is strong enough to carry itself and have staying power. Toy Story is borderline but a smaller land like they are doing will probably be OK. Wouldn't be surprised, though, if it eventually goes the way of Too Town in MK.
maybe, do you think that the announcement a few weeks ago of the schedule of Avatar movies in production will help? Star Wars is an Icon to its fans and i think a good idea, and i think toy story has a great of enough fallowing to make it worth while(i mean as far as these 3 go, how will people feel about the movies 50 years from now?). Out of the 3 Avatar to me doesn't have the following or appeal as the other 2. IMHO

SteamboatJoe

maybe, do you think that the announcement a few weeks ago of the schedule of Avatar movies in production will help? Star Wars is an Icon to its fans and i think a good idea, and i think toy story has a great of enough fallowing to make it worth while(i mean as far as these 3 go, how will people feel about the movies 50 years from now?). Out of the 3 Avatar to me doesn't have the following or appeal as the other 2. IMHO

Pandora will do fine in the short term. It is new and has some unique and striking elements, features, and innovations to pull in crowds. Plus, Animal Kingdom could use the additional rides. The movies will only help if they are good. If they aren't and the franchise lags or dies, Pandora could become dated and awkward relatively quickly. I am not necessarily rooting for that outcome. I am just saying I don't think I would've built Pandora until the franchise had a couple of more successful films under it's belt.

JiminyandTink

I am excited to check out Pandora, but I wonder if the Avatar franchise falls flat over the years and Pandora eventually becomes dated, if they would ever re-purpose the area for another theme like the old Beastly Kingdom idea or anything like that. The visuals are still very impressive and I suppose a lot of it could be re-themed.

That being said, I guess we should let it open officially before we close it down :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom