Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Cesar R M

While I agree, sadly everything at Disney is NASA level planning and spending. That is to say, it takes 50% longer and 500% more money to accomplish. It's been this way for a very long time, though. It's just the way the company operates and it means "minor" improvements cost a "major" amount of planning, time, and money
The solution is clear.. Disney should hire NASA to build a pavilion.

Cesar R M

Cape Canaveral is only about an hour away and they have quite a great exhibit I doubt they would want to help build one at WDW
I think the joke flew over your head.
We werent talking about a pavilion exclusively themed to NASA or Space stuff.But actually of NASA's efficiency despite low budgets.

clemmo

This just showed up on Reddit:

Not just Disney Quest, but Cirque du Soleil closing by 2018.

Source: Cirque CMs are allowed to confirm the rumor.

Anyone know anything about it?
I wonder if we're seeing the beginnings of a west side revamp between Disney Quest and now this possibly. Though it may not be on the scale of what we just went through. Imo with the rest of DS all about shopping and dining this side should be more entertainment based.

Phicinfan

This just showed up on Reddit:

Not just Disney Quest, but Cirque du Soleil closing by 2018.

Source: Cirque CMs are allowed to confirm the rumor.

Anyone know anything about it?
There was a short discussion on the Dis podcast, during one of their open discussions that one of them had an inside source stating that Cirque Du Soleil was moving out of Disney Springs, to a whole new location off property I believe. No further info followed, but the person was very certain of the information.

I have not seen anything on it since then though

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was a short discussion on the Dis podcast, during one of their open discussions that one of them had an inside source stating that Cirque Du Soleil was moving out of Disney Springs, to a whole new location off property I believe. No further info followed, but the person was very certain of the information.

Actually head that discussion on the DIS. They said it would temporarily move to another location nearby while the current facility is re-worked for a new show.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
After some Internet digging, the hubbub is supposedly this:

• Disney insisted that Cirque put in a new show [this sort of jibes with reports that Disney insisted Planet Hollywood and Fulton's update themselves]
  • The contract that Cirque has with their current La Nouba talent ends in 2017 and hasn't been renewed
  • Disney's contract with Cirque ends in 2017 and they're in negotiations over the theater and show refurb
  • The new Cirque show will be brand new, not one of their current ones that would be moved to DS
  • While the theater is being refurbished for the new show, Cirque will put on a show in a temporary venue, mostly likely a big tent pitched who knows where [maybe they can put on personal, tiny shows in small tents in the MK?]
  • Online ticket sales for La Nouba ends the last day of August 2017, however, some people have claimed La Nouba will be going til the end of December 2017

http://www.cirquespotlight.com/forum/la-nouba-close-2017

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/cirques-la-nouba-closing.923396

http://www.cirquespotlight.com/forum/la-nouba-close-2017

Cesar R M

I wonder if they will follow the pattern or building amazing themed stadiums/theaters worldwide.
I mean they do in Las Vegas and the one at Playa del Carmen, Mexico is breathtaking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom