Paint the night is not moving to Disney World. Stop bumping this.

drizgirl

It has been stated time and time again this was a monetary move by TDO. Anyone with the ability to critically read what our insiders tell us should have picked up on this weeks ago. Nothing about this is weird, its just a serious case of denial that the dearly beloved TDO would purposefully shutter a parade to save some bucks.

Sometimes it really is just the obvious answer.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why would HKDL want to give up the parade they paid to develop and build?

This idea that there are only a set number of light parades in the world and they have to keep moving around is ridiculous. If TDO wants a light parade, they're going to have to pay for it themselves.

They HAD one and DESTROYED it,

Not buying the 'could not be fixed' as someone who restores tired iron for a hobby almost anything can be fixed given the desire. For an example just check out any 'Graveyard Carz' build I'm pretty sure the floats were in better condition than the stuff 'Graveyard Carz' starts with and that's a shop with a dozen or so people not a multinational conglomerate.

The point was TDO did not want the operational expense of a light parade so they destroyed the parade knowing MSEP would eventually return to DL. Then they could 'play poor' and say sorry fans we don't have the money to build another.

aladdin2007

With the dropoff in attendance WDW is being pushed even harder to 'make their numbers', Expect more big stuff to go Buh Bye over the next year. The key fact is that the Guest is no longer Disney's customer, Wall St is.

something doesn't seem right though because the parks have been slammed jam packed. Yet Disney is whining about money.

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
With the dropoff in attendance WDW is being pushed even harder to 'make their numbers', Expect more big stuff to go Buh Bye over the next year. The key fact is that the Guest is no longer Disney's customer, Wall St is.

Why bother with nighttime parades, at this point between the up-charge party months and the slow winter months with early closing, why even bother developing a parade that would only run at most for 6-7 months out of the year.

It's almost like mental conditioning, get the suckers used to no parades or fireworks, and then come in later with hard-ticket "celebrations" to which you can maximize you profit margin. They just hope you don't discover that there's something up I-4 who actually will do what TDO is not.

Cesar R M

I really hope they dont go cutting more. a few areas are already into barebones status.

Still, I remember some commented that Walt disney world and park named products have started again to appear (glasses, bags..etc..) hopefully napkins too.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The question is: Are they slampacked because they are really full? or they feel jampacked because there arent enough attraction staff, management and maintenance cms filling everything at capacity?

That's a really good question and it's one that @lentesta is probably best qualified to answer,

Various insiders have noted the during the summer PoTC was running only one side of the queue at times so a ride with the queue reconfigured would feel 'full' but in reality ride is not operating to capacity.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Why bother with nighttime parades, at this point between the up-charge party months and the slow winter months with early closing, why even bother developing a parade that would only run at most for 6-7 months out of the year.

It's almost like mental conditioning, get the suckers used to no parades or fireworks, and then come in later with hard-ticket "celebrations" to which you can maximize you profit margin. They just hope you don't discover that there's something up I-4 who actually will do what TDO is not.

Precisely -

All it's gonna take is one really GOOD advertising campaign around the Holidays which shows everything that's INCLUDED with admission up I-4 and do a 'Daddy I want to see a Christmas Parade at Disney, Cut to sad dad and kid (probably cute 4-6 y/o girl) "sorry Kiddo we can't afford to see the parade at Disney", Cut to same family 'Wow all this is INCLUDED with REGULAR Admission", Macy's Parade, Concerts (including Mannheim Steamroller), Grinchmas...

All the park up I-4 needs to do is emphasize that all the 'Special' holiday events are free at that park as compared to the park of endless upcharge

This is the price that Disney will start to pay for diluting the magic, I can't wait to hear the gnashing of teeth when people find out that the Osborne lights are HISTORY there are gonna be a heck of a lot of them because while WE know they are gone the average visit disney every few years crowd in all likelihood DOES NOT.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
something doesn't seem right though because the parks have been slammed jam packed. Yet Disney is whining about money.

The reality is Disney is probably indeed broke between propping up the stock price with share repurchases and being tightly held by the short and curlies by China in Shanghai. With the former if they stop the stock tumbles (as does senior leadership's compensation), with the latter China probably gets control of Disney's IP in China. A lose-lose situation indeed.

SplashJacket

The reality is Disney is probably indeed broke between propping up the stock price with share repurchases and being tightly held by the short and curlies by China in Shanghai. With the former if they stop the stock tumbles (as does senior leadership's compensation), with the latter China probably gets control of Disney's IP in China. A lose-lose situation indeed.
Explain how they are broke. They are thriving, the only reason they increased prices was to lower attendance. They do not have the capacity and technology is improving and people want more so they are giving more via new rides and lands. I have family in Orlando who didn't buy an annual pass to save money. Which is what Disney wanted. Until they can pump out another 2 parks in WDW they will not have the capacity for everyone.

MagicHappens1971

Explain how they are broke. They are thriving, the only reason they increased prices was to lower attendance. They do not have the capacity and technology is improving and people want more so they are giving more via new rides and lands. I have family in Orlando who didn't buy an annual pass to save money. Which is what Disney wanted. Until they can pump out another 2 parks in WDW they will not have the capacity for everyone.
Pumping out two more parks is an awful idea when 2 out of the 4 are a major mess. Those two being HS & Epcot. MK needs more capacity and theres so much they could add to it. Adventureland & Fronteirland expansion plots. AK needs more capacity which it's kinda getting but it still needs at least another 3-4 real rides. The issue isn't space, or lack there of, it's how that space is being utilized.

SplashJacket

Pumping out two more parks is an awful idea when 2 out of the 4 are a major mess. Those two being HS & Epcot. MK needs more capacity and theres so much they could add to it. Adventureland & Fronteirland expansion plots. AK needs more capacity which it's kinda getting but it still needs at least another 3-4 real rides. The issue isn't space, or lack there of, it's how that space is being utilized.
Sorry about that didn't really make it clear. I meant that they have such a high demand and such a low output that they have to increase prices to drive people away and exclude the masses. With the way, Disney's WDW parks are currently two more parks would be needed to divert the attendance. A realistic way is fixing everything up in HW and Epcot as they are attempting to do, yes more is needed but nothing can happen overnight (UNLESS you are in Japan). Disney's attempt to put Frozen in Epcot to divert the MK crowds was cute but proved to not be as effective as they hoped (Also to add more stuff to Epcot which is needed). The issue is everyone loves MK, and there isn't enough capacity for any age group. Tomorrowland is getting some love thankfully with Wreck it Ralph and the paint as mentioned by @marni1971 and @Magic Feather. Is it enough? No. Will there be more? Yes. In the near future probably not, but its what it needs.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

The company has no cash to spend between propping up the share price and building in China as China is demanding expansion of SDL.

SweetDuffy101

I wish the New parade will have a decent amount of Floats and Units like Spectromagic and Fantillusion , Dreamlights(TDL) unlike paint the night parade or the Electrical parade.

jakeman

The company has no cash to spend between propping up the share price and building in China as China is demanding expansion of SDL.
giphy.gif

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/th...arnings-for-the-first-quarter-of-fiscal-2016/

COProgressFan

... the only reason they increased prices was to lower attendance....

I really don't want to jump into this here but this is simply not true. While MK is jampacked and there is some attempt through pricing to guide guests to other parks, the simple reality is that other than maybe 7-10 days in a year, there is plenty of capacity for guests at all 4 parks.

I hate to rain on your pixie dust parade, but the astronomical price increases we've seen recently (in tickets, food, rooms) are designed to make more money. Simple as that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom