PHOTO - Disney planning a new look for the Wedding Pavilion

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
For comparison purposes, here's what it currently looks like...

wdw_wishes_wedding_pavilion_hero2.jpg

Bocabear

So...new white benches and some chandeliers in place of the terrible 90s looking fixtures that are there... How is this newsworthy? Are they going to do a rendering and press release when they change the toilet paper holders in the restroom?
Must be a slow news week...lol
Wedding%20Pavilion%20New.jpg

Bolt

So...new white benches and some chandeliers in place of the terrible 90s looking fixtures that are there... How is this newsworthy? Are they going to do a rendering and press release when they change the toilet paper holders in the restroom?
Wedding%20Pavilion%20New.jpg
It was posted on the Disney Weddings website. Why wouldn't they post a rendering of what the new look would be? Sounds like you're calling out @wdwmagic for posting the story...

COProgressFan

The existing space, IMO, is truly gorgeous. It's simple enough (primarily white) to allow couples to set up the space and with flowers, lighting, decor, etc, any way they want.

That said, the decor and setting in the lobby area, bride and groom rooms, etc. is more akin to the old, pre-furb GF rooms (florals, more Victorian). I'm guessing the new space will be more lightly themed and elegant in a modern way. I think this is a good thing. This is a 20 year old facility and while it's certainly been kept quite well, it could benefit from a refresh.

My concern still remains the DVC building looming overhead. Part of the appeal of the pavilion was the peaceful, secluded setting. I have not been to the pavilion since the DVC opened but it from what I can see it destroys any sense of scale and setting of the WP from the exterior. I wonder if any insiders know if it's had any effect on bookings there? And with the massive price increases across the board in WDW as of late, I also cannot fathom what the pricing for wedding events is like now. The cost used to be at a premium, but in many ways was comparable to wedding services in other parts of the country.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

I would say its extremely newsworthy to any Disney couples planning a 2017 wedding!

Bocabear

I would say its extremely newsworthy to any Disney couples planning a 2017 wedding!
not calling you out, but find it funny they produced a press release over this... They have their own internal marketing which should handle this if anyone is planning a wedding, and quite frankly, if you are planning a Disney Wedding, these changes will not really make a difference...it will just be nicer... "Gee I really wanted to book the Disney Wedding, but I just didn't like the chandeliers and I wish the benches were painted"...Said no one ever...

DisneyWorld30th

Disney Fairy Tale Weddings is a cash cow for Disney. As many as 8 weddings scheduled a day. I would anticipate the refurbishment to happen fairly quickly in 2017 so there is very little downtime.

COProgressFan

Disney Fairy Tale Weddings is a cash cow for Disney. As many as 8 weddings scheduled a day. I would anticipate the refurbishment to happen fairly quickly in 2017 so there is very little downtime.

Keep in mind weddings take place all over property, not just the pavilion. There was a time in 2004 I know of when the pavilion was closed for a month for refurbishment. At that time, the look and style remained the same, but they redid the wood flooring, carpeting, etc.

Mike730

not calling you out, but find it funny they produced a press release over this... They have their own internal marketing which should handle this if anyone is planning a wedding, and quite frankly, if you are planning a Disney Wedding, these changes will not really make a difference...it will just be nicer... "Gee I really wanted to book the Disney Wedding, but I just didn't like the chandeliers and I wish the benches were painted"...Said no one ever...
image.jpeg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

Disney weddings = HUGE $$$$$$$$$$$ cow for Disney...of course they press-released this

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A lot of wedding couples are EXTREMELY picky on everything to do with their wedding. Changing the slightest things causes waves, so this is going to be quite a big deal.

melflip8

I just got married in here on May 20th, I can tell you there are some Disney Brides out there who have 100% stalled for the new decor or planned around it. Never underestimate a Disney bride and the amount of control down to the detail they want!

RoyWalley

I just got married in here on May 20th, I can tell you there are some Disney Brides out there who have 100% stalled for the new decor or planned around it. Never underestimate a Disney bride and the amount of control down to the detail they want!

Congratulations to you and your husband. My daughter's dream one day is to get married at Disney, she is only 18, so we have plenty of time (years).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom