Ample Hills Creamery - Creator of the Star Wars Ice Cream coming to Disney's BoardWalk?

alissafalco

image.jpeg

surfsupdon

I think this sounds great.

Quality ice cream in what will surely be a beautiful setting.

And the location is better. I can see myself getting the ice cream as I leave Epcot, and I still have the entire BoardWalk to stroll and eat the ice cream before getting to my room. More convenient. Great idea. And that arcade was stupid, lol.

PhilharMagician

Who woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning? :rolleyes:

Maybe a tad bit cranky today. They must have something serious with Iger to get licensing on Star Wars for such a small company. It cannot be cheap to use the Star Wars name, specially right now after episode 7's popularity. Their ice cream is like $9.00 per pint and sell a small for $4.50 and that is not on Disney property. It will be quite pricey, but good. I work with someone that just went to their Manhattan location and he loved the Mexican hot chocolate and the Honey ice cream.

ToTBellHop

Maybe a tad bit cranky today. They must have something serious with Iger to get licensing on Star Wars for such a small company. It cannot be cheap to use the Star Wars name, specially right now after episode 7's popularity. Their ice cream is like $9.00 per pint and sell a small for $4.50 and that is not on Disney property. It will be quite pricey, but good. I work with someone that just went to their Manhattan location and he loved the Mexican hot chocolate and the Honey ice cream.
The premium gelato in France seems to get brisk business. Personally, I'll happily pay more for premium ice cream. I also have a soft spot for Ghirardelli sundaes, mostly because of their dark hot fudge. Yum. I want to take a bath in...

I'm done.

Nick Pappagiorgio

Thats roughly what a Ben and Jerrie's pint goes for, and B&Js is getting so bad these days, so this should be an improvement. I will be interested to see what flavors end up down here. On their site most of their flavors are unique and non-traditional fair, while Disney locations typically have all of the simple stuff like cookies and cream, cookie dough, butter pecan, and things like that. Hopefully if they are serious about this they should put in an additional freezer so they have 16 flavors instead of 8.

tissandtully

Thats roughly what a Ben and Jerrie's pint goes for, and B&Js is getting so bad these days, so this should be an improvement. I will be interested to see what flavors end up down here. On their site most of their flavors are unique and non-traditional fair, while Disney locations typically have all of the simple stuff like cookies and cream, cookie dough, butter pecan, and things like that. Hopefully if they are serious about this they should put in an additional freezer so they have 16 flavors instead of 8.

Not sure why you think B&Js is getting bad, still the best ice cream you can buy on the grocery store, and it's usually BOGO at Publix! I think the best ice cream right now at WDW is at the place in France.

Nick Pappagiorgio

Not sure why you think B&Js is getting bad, still the best ice cream you can buy on the grocery store, and it's usually BOGO at Publix! I think the best ice cream right now at WDW is at the place in France.

The butter fat content in it keeps going down, so it is less creamy and more icy. They do have some of the more original, better flavors, I just don't think that the actual ice cream is as good as some out there. But its a flavor preference thing to some people are more conscious of the butter fat content (creaminess) than others. Also I ran an ice cream shop so I am probably a little jaded.

tissandtully

The butter fat content in it keeps going down, so it is less creamy and more icy. They do have some of the more original, better flavors, I just don't think that the actual ice cream is as good as some out there. But its a flavor preference thing to some people are more conscious of the butter fat content (creaminess) than others. Also I ran an ice cream shop so I am probably a little jaded.
Yeah, it's still better than Breyers! B&J even though they are owned by Unilever now is one of the few mass market companies I respect, so they also got that goin for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom