Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

gmajew

Premium Member
The issue with HS more then anything is that people don't feel the shows and other entertainment items are people eaters for the park. People don't have the same attention span as they used to so these shows are not being used as they were suppose to by guest. Along with the fact that they are outdated and need to be redone but if they put in new shows and kept them updated you would see people wanting to go to them instead of just killing time or walking on because they were in the area when it was about to start.

If they are not going to fix these things then they need more rides for all ages a min of 4-6 of them so families have things to do that and that alone will fix the lines for the only family friendly ride in the park.

Anything short of that and TSM will still have hours long waits.

flyerjab

I think they view Midway Mania as filling that role.

Agreed. Since this was announced, people state that Toy Story Land only has a family roller coaster and a 'spinner type' ride and comment that there aren't enough rides. In reality, it already has its version of a dark ride in TSMM (with the addition of a third track). I think that adding yet another ride to this 'land' would have this one IP favored a bit heavier in terms of number of total rides. I also get a sense that they want the Star Wars expansion to be the big headliner area, with Star Tours (or whatever that might be in the future) along with 2 signature attractions (I assume that means an E and D ticket, or 2 E tickets) the cantina type restaurant and tons of streetmosphere and theming.

I only get this sense because I believe that they will want to strike some type of balance between the different lands that will exist in this park, with Star Wars being the big kid on the block. But when I think about it, Toy Story Land can still hold its own with TSMM, the slinky dog family coaster and the double spinner. Again, there is always the merch, food and other smaller entertainment offerings that will go along with any land expansion that hasn't even been talked about for Toy Story Land. Concerning the concept art sketch, I am curious to see what ultimately becomes of the buildings adjacent to the Woody statue. The one appears to have a large space behind it so I am assuming another place to eat, shop, or a show of some kind. Will be interesting to see what other small things are uncovered with this space as time passes.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What DHS needs most are some people eaters, Unfortunately since the planners are sitting in air conditioned suites in Burbank they don't understand the reality down in the swamps with a heat index frequently spiking into the triple digits. People NEED a cool dark ride heck make the first installment on SWL a Dagobah omnimover the mist and breeze would cool people down and it would provide a much needed people eater, Second - DONT FASTPASS IT let the omnimover do it's thing unless 2 tracks are built.

gmajew

Premium Member
IMO, shows don't have the repeatability that rides have. I wouldn't sit through 3 showing of BatB or VotLM, but I would ride ToT, RnR, or ST 3 times in one day.

I agree with that completely but most guest I would bet don't even sit through them once. I know my family does not, the only show we will see overtime is the lion king at animal kingdom.

HauntedMansionFLA

What DHS needs most are some people eaters, Unfortunately since the planners are sitting in air conditioned suites in Burbank they don't understand the reality down in the swamps with a heat index frequently spiking into the triple digits. People NEED a cool dark ride heck make the first installment on SWL a Dagobah omnimover the mist and breeze would cool people down and it would provide a much needed people eater, Second - DONT FASTPASS IT let the omnimover do it's thing unless 2 tracks are built.
Right on the money!

Chris82

Another cool ride would be something like Splash Mountain with different scenes from classic Disney scenes with characters singing songs.

Hey, yeah! Bathtub Toy Adventures! You could pretty easily imagine a flume ride with giant rubber duckies, plastic boats, soap bubbles, and a drain "whirlpool" your boat has to avoid...

PorterRedkey

Another cool ride would be something like Splash Mountain with different scenes from classic Disney scenes with characters singing songs.
A DHS water ride would be nice. I think it is something that the park is sorely in need of, but with TSL and SWL coming, I am not sure how a water ride would fit into the rumored Phase 3 and 4.

Haymarket2008

Those are the only places where it WOULD fit. I've heard of one concept that would feature a boat.
As in a full fledged boat ride? If so, that could be great. Not sure what Pixar film (if that is the theme) would lend itself to a boat ride. Or rather, what Pixar film that doesn't already have an attraction in Orlando.

NormC

They have the exact same thematic concept. It will have the same aesthetic qualities of its predecessors. Now whether you think the style is AMAZ-BALLS or cheap, tacky, and garish is a personal issue.
Yeah, Toy Story is the concept. The rest is different. Ooh, they both have a giant Buzz and this forum has a bunch of buzzkills.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom