Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

devoy1701

I am pretty sure this is not the whole story for the park. There is more to come at a later date.
makes sense...with LMA/SoA still unaccounted for...plus the recent closing of the Art of Animation, there is still a lot of things that need to fall into place to make this plan complete.

Been a long time since we've had this much anticipation and mystery with our beloved parks!

cheezbat

I am pretty sure this is not the whole story for the park. There is more to come at a later date.
I hope this is the case. If four new rides in two lands is all DHS gets, it's still going to have serious capacity issues.

The Star Wars land looks cool, but I'd like to see more on the ride concepts.

Two rides for Toy Story Playland surprised me. I figured we'd get at least three. Glad we got a better looking coaster than RC Racer.

Here's hoping we get some more Pixar or Indy love too....

Haymarket2008

I really am enjoying the concept art. I'm very excited. It is a MAJOR improvement over what we were expecting with Toy Story Playland. In the picture, bottom left, you can very clearly see where TSMM/Pixar Place is. This is also obviously phase one of the Pixar elements. There is SO much more real estate to take advantage of. And with Star Wars most likely taking over part of the parking lot, it will leave quite alot of space within the original perimeter. They basically said "hey there is a ton more coming (major reimagining of DHS) so here's step one." I am not disappointed in this at all.

ToTBellHop

I hope this is the case. If four new rides in two lands is all DHS gets, it's still going to have serious capacity issues.

The Star Wars land looks cool, but I'd like to see more on the ride concepts.

Two rides for Toy Story Playland surprised me. I figured we'd get at least three. Glad we got a better looking coaster than RC Racer.

Here's hoping we get some more Pixar or Indy love too....
This does not account for one large parcel in the expansion we've been hearing about, so I think we will get one more land, they just are t ready to announce it. I think Toy Story Land will come first in a couple years and then LMA and Catastrophe Canyon will be demolished for the final component of the new park along with Star Wars Land. But, this is just a hunch.

flyerjab

Just curious as to why you state this. Just your opinion or are you looking at the 14 and 11 acre areas described and thinking that there is still more room unaccounted for?

flyerjab

Yes all of the above and some other non-released information.

Thanks. I assume also, that this won't move ahead quite so fast due to everything happening in MK, DS and DAK. I have always been of the opinion that they want these areas to shine before DHS takes off. Everyone knows that Star Wars will overtake the spotlight for a bit when that opens.

fuentesalex

I made a map of the acres they discussed. The area behind Toy Story is 11 acres. The area around Star Tours (including Indy and some parking is 14 acres). There is still the area of LMA and Canynon. That is another 14 acres or so.
101110-efd3c066a86db67c5ddc79a150c8bf01.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom