Disney Springs tenant watch

dstrawn9889

they are only putting it out on vinyl to get physical copies out... how many people under 30 have a turntable? and that same crowd, how many have a phone with a touchscreen?

Next Big Thing

they are only putting it out on vinyl to get physical copies out... how many people under 30 have a turntable? and that same crowd, how many have a phone with a touchscreen?

My thirteen year old Niece requested one last Christmas. Dis it all you want, it's a growing market.

Get hip
http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/category.jsp?id=A_MUSIC_TURNTABLE#/
I second this as a 20 year old college student. I only buy music on vinyl.

CDavid

People over 30 don't listen to music?

Vinyl is indeed a niche market, and just as accurate, digital downloads are the future. I'm not sure if Disney Springs is the best place for such niche marketing, but some demand does still exist.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
People over 30 don't listen to music?

Vinyl is indeed a niche market, and just as accurate, digital downloads are the future. I'm not sure if Disney Springs is the best place for such niche marketing, but some demand does still exist.
Done right it might work.

I have little doubt that some kind of vintage vinyl store at DTD would get traffic and sales, but I am not sure if it would offset the exorbitant rent I can only assume the mouse is charging.

dstrawn9889

alright niche markets aside, i see the record labels giving up pressing vinyl and CDS all-together in the next two decades, as the planet moves to replace all moving storage to flash memory... (cheaper faster lighter eco-friendly(in power consumption) and NO MOVING PARTS to repair or replace. you simply cannot support a large format store on the amount of merchandise sold-- look at bestbuys across the US, less than half of the area once filled with cassettes/cd/vinyl is still used for media--- and most of that is movies, not audio

n2hifi

20 years ago I would have said that about vinyl and instead it has grown in popularity. Admittedly I do not buy CD's in a brick and mortar store but I buy them none the less. I buy digital when I can get high resolution versions but if the best available online is 16-bit 44.1k I would much rather own the physical media. I have found through education people are realizing how horrible MP3's sound and many people I know are moving away from download to buying the CD and creating their own lossless digital copies.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
20 years ago I would have said that about vinyl and instead it has grown in popularity. Admittedly I do not buy CD's in a brick and mortar store but I buy them none the less. I buy digital when I can get high resolution versions but if the best available online is 16-bit 44.1k I would much rather own the physical media. I have found through education people are realizing how horrible MP3's sound and many people I know are moving away from download to buying the CD and creating their own lossless digital copies.
I do the same. I buy physical CDs, burn in a lossless format to my media drive and will then convert down to a variable bit rate WMA for the car and phone.

I have just never like the idea of not knowing what quality I am getting via a digital file nor do I care for what is essentially renting music from a provider.

Donald Razorduck

alright niche markets aside, i see the record labels giving up pressing vinyl and CDS all-together in the next two decades, as the planet moves to replace all moving storage to flash memory... (cheaper faster lighter eco-friendly(in power consumption) and NO MOVING PARTS to repair or replace. you simply cannot support a large format store on the amount of merchandise sold-- look at bestbuys across the US, less than half of the area once filled with cassettes/cd/vinyl is still used for media--- and most of that is movies, not audio
You are not doing your due diligence on this, especially Vinyl. A new vinyl record pressing facility just opened up in Memphis to help meet demand growth. What you think and reality are far apart.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/new...inyl-record-business-back-to-memphis_74692666

dstrawn9889

had to open a new one, because they closed all the old ones like 20 years ago.. but whatever, go dream about your precious vinyl... its not going to keep businesses in business, just amazon and ebay

Donald Razorduck

I'll tell that t
had to open a new one, because they closed all the old ones like 20 years ago.. but whatever, go dream about your precious vinyl... its not going to keep businesses in business, just amazon and ebay

I'll tell that to the places I frequent in Memphis and here in Fayetteville.

PhotoDave219

Wanna know why the Virgin megastore died?

vinyl is dead, magnetic tape is dead, CD's/DVD's? on the way out.
digital downloads put that Whole giant volume of that building inside of an ATM.

Vinyl is nowhere near dead. Collectors pay top dollar for old Disney Records - Like the Jungle Cruise record w/ 24-page gatefold.

dstrawn9889

an increase from near nothing, is still only a small percentage ~1.09 percent(3.9 million out of 357 million) versus digital sales. i still say that most companies can not subsist on sales of vinyl alone

Next Big Thing

Seeing as this sounds to be Sea Food, it may well replace Fultons. If not then it will have to go in The Town Center as The Landing is out of room.

Also, just for fun, it's worth nothing that Art Smith did the Culinary DCP back in the day, working at Magic Kingdom.

Calmdownnow

Seeing as this sounds to be Sea Food, it may well replace Fultons. If not then it will have to go in The Town Center as The Landing is out of room.

Also, just for fun, it's worth nothing that Art Smith did the Culinary DCP back in the day, working at Magic Kingdom.

Save pleasure island blog shows concept art for a waterside restaurant on the town centre side.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom