Lower Resort Mug Price

Do these changes make you want to buy a mug more or less?

• Total voters

Seth7721

Original Poster
I was at All Star Movies resort today, and I saw Disney has changed the price of the resort mug, and done away with tiers. The length of stay now costs $16.49, down from $17.99. Also, there are no more 1,2, or 3 day options. The cast member said guests complained about when the one day plan started especially. She said if guests arrived later in the day, the whole mug plan was practically wasted. I'm not 100% sure this has been changed at every resort yet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 111

disney4life2008

Not to start a debate which I have participated in before - but I think the whole rapid fill thing remains ridiculous. But I was happy to see the lower price. My qualm now is that when I was at Sports all last week - the CMs failed to refill the syrup for many of the products on both side of the station. And after 1030pm - getting soda was a nightmare especially when people do not know how to use the machine.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I was at All Star Movies resort today, and I saw Disney has changed the price of the resort mug, and done away with tiers. The length of stay now costs $16.49, down from $17.99. Also, there are no more 1,2, or 3 day options. The cast member said guests complained about when the one day plan started especially. She said if guests arrived later in the day, the whole mug plan was practically wasted. I'm not 100% sure this has been changed at every resort yet.
Pop has one price.

Jon81uk

and by making it one price the only thing the RFID RapidFill now does is stop you using a mug from a previous trip.

They should have still offered two prices, maybe $11.49 for up to five days then $16.49 for length of stay, that way its better value than the pointless one day option and short stays save $5.

But I do agree that the one day mug is pointless as you get three refills in an hour or two on a paper cup.

ToTBellHop

and by making it one price the only thing the RFID RapidFill now does is stop you using a mug from a previous trip.

They should have still offered two prices, maybe $11.49 for up to five days then $16.49 for length of stay, that way its better value than the pointless one day option and short stays save $5.

But I do agree that the one day mug is pointless as you get three refills in an hour or two on a paper cup.
I agree with your point but you get more than 3 refills each hour with the mug.

Noticed the price had gone down this trip.

Jon81uk

I agree with your point but you get more than 3 refills each hour with the mug.

Noticed the price had gone down this trip.

My point was you get 3 refills in an hour (or maybe two) with a paper cup, before the paper cup stops working. Paper cups are $2.99, so for a one day use it was better value to pay per drink than to get the refillable mug at $8.99. If you have a stay of under five days it may still work out better to pay per cupthan to pay the $16.49 for the mug.

JIMINYCR

WOW.... a whopping savings of $1.50 :greedy: Aw shucks still not enough to buy a Churro or a Mickey bar, or a bunch of Cinnamon Glazed Almonds.... but it is a savings.:greedy: Now whose going to lose their job to pay for this lack of Disney profits????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom