2015 Sounds Like Summer Concert Series

Kit83

These dates just confirm we chose the wrong dates for our visit Journey ,Boston,Pat Benatar,Eagles and U2 tribute bands live ! and Disney magic, wonderful but sadly not to be for us ....deleted expletive.

John

A great line up...... @Scooter Have you been to a concert to see any of those real bands lately?I paid $160 a person to see the Eagles not that long ago. U2? Next time they are in your town check and see what tickets cost. A hundred bucks with admission to the park is well worth it. Anytime TDO adds any type of entertainment is a good thing. You would still pay the hundred with out these groups. Also they do have the "real" thing during other times of the year. 38 Special just played there not to long ago....

Scooter

I see bands like this for free at our local Ribfest every year. It costs $7.00 to get in and the ribs are a little pricey ($17 a slab) but the bands are free.

NearTheEars

I see bands like this for free at our local Ribfest every year. It costs $7.00 to get in and the ribs are a little pricey ($17 a slab) but the bands are free.

Price to EPCOT stays the same with or without the bands. The concert series is an added attraction.

If you're looking for the real thing, check out the current series going on for Flower and Garden.

Daniel Johnson

Sounds like a decent price. @Scooter seriously, U2 tickets were going for 250 the last time that were near me.
I hate to say it, but a decent cover band won't be free. There are decent cover bands and there are great cover bands. I've paid 30 to 50 bucks to see grateful dead and doors bands.

fillerup

Why all tribute bands? We pay $100 dollars a day and Disney can't afford the real thing?

Really Scooter when was the last time you paid $100 a day?

Why don't you come back here on July 26 the day after Hotel California wraps up and complain about the fact that this theater will be empty now for 61 consecutive days?

Be grateful for some very good cover bands or you got nothing at all from May until September.

bethymouse

Didn't they used to try to book the "real thing": though? I mean, I don't expect U2 or Billy Joel, but some of the bands that aren't touring per sae anymore would be nice. Not worth really taking time to stop and listen to the tribute bands. Just MHO.:(

COProgressFan

Didn't they used to try to book the "real thing": though? I mean, I don't expect U2 or Billy Joel, but some of the bands that aren't touring per sae anymore would be nice. Not worth really taking time to stop and listen to the tribute bands. Just MHO.:(

They do regularly have the "real thing" bands for Flower and Garden and Food and Wine Festivals.

Most of the bands are usually pretty good. I take this to be a nice summer addition. It adds a nice fun vibe to the area at night.

Out west, Disneyland usually has cover bands in Tomorrowland on weekends and during summer. I'd love to see that at the MK (over whatever awful foamhead show they put on there now) but I also think it's a good fit for Epcot.

Daniel Johnson

A good tribute band will make any casual listener stop and a think they are listening to the real thing. Which, is very worth anyone ones time, especially if they are included in the price you already paid to attend the park!

fillerup

They do regularly have the "real thing" bands for Flower and Garden and Food and Wine Festivals.

Most of the bands are usually pretty good. I take this to be a nice summer addition. It adds a nice fun vibe to the area at night.

Out west, Disneyland usually has cover bands in Tomorrowland on weekends and during summer. I'd love to see that at the MK (over whatever awful foamhead show they put on there now) but I also think it's a good fit for Epcot.

This is indeed a nice summer event at Epcot.

But just an FYI this is the 10th year for this event and many of us suspect it could be the last.

It's pretty unusual for Disney to do something like this for so long.

Otterhead

Why all tribute bands? We pay $100 dollars a day and Disney can't afford the real thing?
Most of those 'real' bands are either (a) on tour, (b) nonexistent, or (c) waaay too expensive to book for a week. Disney always gets tribute bands for this time of year: they're fun and folks love singing along to the hits. For Food & Wine, they get "real bands".

Scooter

Sorry if anyone misunderstood my point which was: If they can get bands for food and wine and flower and garden festivals, then why not for summer fling? I'm not talking about Paul McCartney or Aerosmith or some hugely and currently popular band, but personally, I'd rather see a real band from the past like Earth Wind and Fire than a Tom Petty wanna be cover band. But maybe that's just me.

Otterhead

Sorry if anyone misunderstood my point which was: If they can get bands for food and wine and flower and garden festivals, then why not for summer fling? I'm not talking about Paul McCartney or Aerosmith or some hugely and currently popular band, but personally, I'd rather see a real band from the past like Earth Wind and Fire than a Tom Petty wanna be cover band. But maybe that's just me.
I truly think it's because good cover bands are super popular on their own. If the point of your fest is to give people some fun background music to dance and sing along to, why book a band like Earth Wind and Fire, whose members are pretty old and essentially their own cover band, when you can get a band who sounds just like them in their prime? If U2 costs a million dollars a show and Bono's in the hospital anyway, you get a band who sounds like classic U2. If Journey's on tour and they have a new lead singer these days, you get a cover band with a singer that sounds like Steve Perry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom