Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow to permanently close Nov 6

ProfSavage

That was still a thing?

tumblr_n5w72elvGB1r4h6eno2_r2_500.gif

Cosmic Commando

A bus driver told me it's being converted to The Legend of MGM Studios.
Folks 'round these parts say an honest-to-goodness theme park used to live on this very spot you're a'standin' on now. Story goes, it died a slow, gruesome death starting 'bout fifteen years ago. Now, its spirit haunts the grounds, searching for its lost attractions that were ripped out, one-by-one, while the theme park was still operating and it had to watch. If you look really closely at night, you might even see a ghostly Backlot tram driving around, looking to pick up one final passenger (an entire day's work).

jt04

I agree that One Man's Dream is in an odd location, and would be a perfect fit for Main Street USA if there was the room for it.

It's an interesting attraction and I'd hate to see it go (one of the few attractions in DHS that doesn't require long lines or having to juggle starting times), but if that area gets a major Pixar overhaul, it would probably be moved or closed. My speculation of course.

The theme fits perfectly with DCA and would fit there. Then a small exhibit on MSUSA at the MK and possibly an E.P.C.O.T. exhibit at, um, Epcot and that would cover WDW. IMO. Just a thought.

Seabasealpha1

I wouldn't have minded it as a little side distraction type thing in like...adventureland...maybe...but as an attraction it was really kinda not what it probably could have been...it smelled like budget cuts and experimentation...not sure it was ever meant to be permanent in ANY way...

doctornick

But it won't work unless they close one mans dream

You could make this into an attraction by having the current Jack Sparrow thing be the queue and building a new show building "behind" (to the west of) the current building. That could leave One Man's Dream untouched.

That said, it wouldn't be difficult to move One Man's Dream (which, I agree, should be kept somewhere) to a different location if the space is needed. Wasn't it originally in the Town Square Theater in MK?

Sped2424

Why is it believed necessary to threaten violence over something as minimal as the closing of a walk-through museum attraction? Isn't there enough maiming and killing already (Canada, Washington to name two recents) without espousing more? This type of comment is, IMO, completely inappropriate.
I hardly think a pitchfork reference is deserving of a lecture. Unless this was satirical in which case continue.

DManRightHere

Didn't see this coming...this attraction/show always seemed to have a decent wait (but I didn't pay attention this past may).

Is there more cooking than we know for HS? Kind of a shame as anything new should take at least two years...

EdC

Folks 'round these parts say an honest-to-goodness theme park used to live on this very spot you're a'standin' on now. Story goes, it died a slow, gruesome death starting 'bout fifteen years ago. Now, its spirit haunts the grounds, searching for its lost attractions that were ripped out, one-by-one, while the theme park was still operating and it had to watch. If you look really closely at night, you might even see a ghostly Backlot tram driving around, looking to pick up one final passenger (an entire day's work).
This almost sounds like Geauga Lake in northeast Ohio.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Didn't see this coming...this attraction/show always seemed to have a decent wait (but I didn't pay attention this past may).

Is there more cooking than we know for HS? Kind of a shame as anything new should take at least two years...

Yes more attraction closures with nothing to replace them

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom