Dole Whips back at the Polynesian Village

Bolt

Cheapest looking spot ive seen. Not even a flower? Cant afford a rug? Or even an artificial, painted on rug? Just straight up concrete, ugly white chairs and tables, a sign stating the name, and thats...thats it?

Disappointed. Getting used to disappointment when it comes to polynesian refurbs.
Open 18 minutes and already the worst thing. Gotta love it.

Slowjack

To be fair, I, like most Poly guests, saw regular abuse of the self-serve dispenser (including filling up a resort mug and not paying), so I can't entirely fault Disney for the switch. "This is why we can't have nice things."

That said, (A) large prices should equal large portions. And, (B), that's themed at the level of a temporary food cart.

Next Big Thing

Cheapest looking spot ive seen. Not even a flower? Cant afford a rug? Or even an artificial, painted on rug? Just straight up concrete, ugly white chairs and tables, a sign stating the name, and thats...thats it?

Disappointed. Getting used to disappointment when it comes to polynesian refurbs.
Can I ask why there would be a rug? This is a walk up area right near the pool. There will be a lot of people in bathing suits walking up to this window ordering Dole Whips. What Purpose would a rug serve?

Also, according to @tikiman, the tables are temporary. The permanent tables are on their way. Give it more than a few minutes.

Communicore

To be fair, I, like most Poly guests, saw regular abuse of the self-serve dispenser (including filling up a resort mug and not paying), so I can't entirely fault Disney for the switch. "This is why we can't have nice things."

That said, (A) large prices should equal large portions. And, (B), that's themed at the level of a temporary food cart.
Yea I saw someone fill up a Coleman with the Dole Whip!

Horizons1

So I guess the days of Dole Whips like this are gone...... :)

picture_191c3emcudxfkhvxe86aapz3j7e4.jpg

NOTE: My daughter made this while a CM on the College program with permission from the staff to show off her skills.
Permission? Like anyone needed permission. I miss those all you can eat Dole Whips.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I for one can understand why Disney did away with the self service. The last time I was there the lady ahead of me tried three times to overfill her cup. Did not get it right the first two times and dumped it in the trash can and than started again. Must have wasted a least two quarts of Dole Wipe. Will be bring along several mini bottles of run with me when I visit the new Dole Whip location in October.

alissafalco

Just got my favorite pineapple-vanilla swirl at Pineapple Lanai. I have to say, the portion is really small here (and it still costs $4.25).

So if portion size correction was Disney's biggest goal, then mission accomplished.

Really? from the photos they have by the window it makes it look like a decent size.

The pineapple dole whip is the most overrated thing on these boards anyway.

Nubs70

What? No rum?
Problem with the rum soaked Dole Whip is there is no dairy content. A little milk fat would allow the last bit of pineapple goodness to emulsify the rum into a last shot of creamy pineapple heaven. As it is formulated now, no matter how hard you stir, it still separates like oil and water leaving nothing but straight rum with a pineapple layer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom