Disney to increase the number of FastPass+ entitlements per day and include park hopping

tissandtully

I'm wondering if there will be different definitions of "used" for FP+ choices. For example, if you got a FP for Illuminations but you can't get more than 3 unless you've used your first 3, then what then? It could be like DL where some attractions aren't linked together or tied to the limit, I assume.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was very clear to most that this was *always* the plan. And of course now people are claiming it is because of their incessant whining that this is happening. "Disney is listening". No, Disney is implementing a complex, multi-year IT system that has to be phased in over time. Park Hopping and >3 elements have *always* been the plan and to believe otherwise is absolutely a reflection on your own cynicism, not them. After being chided and derided so many times about this, it feels good to finally be vindicated.
That is does. :D

mattdenine

Great news, I'd like to see it come into effect before we get there on the 23rd however I think that's probably a little wishful thinking.

HeatherWatson

Today is my Magic Band deadline--I know I certainly wanted a purple one :)

I wonder how long it will take for these changes to take effect? We arrive May 3, and this certainly could alter my touring plans, since many of my FP+ selections are for later in the day. I'm certainly thankful to have additional options, but I'm also now filled with anxiety about having to alter the plans I put so much time and effort into. What can I say--I like to have all "my ducks in a row" WAAAAAY ahead of time so that I can put my mind at ease and waltz into vacay mode ;)

Dasnowz

This is good news. Hope the changes roll out soon.

I assume the kiosk thing is temporary. It makes no sense for that to be permanent.

They probably will become permanent. There are many guests who are day guests and cannot prebook as well as those who do not have smart phones.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am so out of the loop ! What does a purple magic band do ?
Nothing really, but there were some unexpected side effect from the prototypes.

willy+wonka.jpg

Fox&Hound

SOOOOOO EXCITED! If you can do fast pass ahead of time and park hop doesn't that essentially mean that lining up at rope drop for each park is a thing of the past? I would love to stroll into MK knowing that I have a fast pass or two to make the lines shorter and then hop over to EPCOT with my soarin FP ready to go. Yes, please!!!!! I know the system is not perfect but if it helps to avoid the running of the bulls for TSMM at Hollywood Studios then I am all in favor.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I am so out of the loop ! What does a purple magic band do ?
Displays the color purple on your wrist.

Seriously, if adding a new color choice in Magic Bands is the 4th most requested change to the system, I think this thing is doing better than most will admit to on here.

I'm excited for this news! I'm interested to see what is mentioned above though by @tissandtully , if you choose a nighttime show for your 3rd FP+, does that mean you can't get extra FP+ during the day.

Still, all told, a great tweak to the system.

Ember

I'm so happy about this! But also need to change my "game plan". right now I have all of our passes spread out through the day, so now I should make them earlier in the day so I can get more :)

SAV

Or... it was always planned, but they needed to get the system launched and get real world data to facilitate these additions.

Or...it wasn't and they listened to complaints. Each is an assumption on what exactly happened.

But if you want to be right. WOOOO HOOOOO...YOU WERE RIGHT...YAYYYYYYYY FOR YOU!!!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!

I'll just be happy I get more FP's now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom