Fastpass+ Window?

rufio

Original Poster
I just booked a trip for November 27 - December 1, 2013. I'm a DVC member, so I booked my room through the DVC website, and I also have APs. Both are linked to my My Disney Experience profile. When I click on "Make Fastpass+ Selections" I get the following message:

MMADJMi.png

Anyone know what this is and why it won't let me do it? Thanks in advance!

Rob562

During testing you have to have a Magic Band assigned to everyone in your party. To get that option you have to do online checkin first. Then FP+ should open up to you.

Also if it's for Saratoga Springs or Grand Floridian Villas, they won't be online until next week, so you may or may not have access to it until then.

-Rob

rufio

Original Poster
During testing you have to have a Magic Band assigned to everyone in your party. To get that option you have to do online checkin first. Then FP+ should open up to you.

Also if it's for Saratoga Springs or Grand Floridian Villas, they won't be online until next week, so you may or may not have access to it until then.

-Rob

Ah, okay. I customized my magic band online, but I didn't realize I'd have to check in first. I wonder how that will work if my waitlist opens up. I'm booked at Jambo House right now, but I'm on the waitlist for Boardwalk. So I check in a few days before online, right? And that is when I will be able to make FP+ selections? Thanks!

stevehousse

In order to do FP+ you need some kind of ticket media linked to your account if you are within the 60 day mark. I know you said you have an AP, do you have that card linked to the site yet?

SteveAZee

I just booked a trip for November 27 - December 1, 2013. I'm a DVC member, so I booked my room through the DVC website, and I also have APs. Both are linked to my My Disney Experience profile. When I click on "Make Fastpass+ Selections" I get the following message:

MMADJMi.png

Anyone know what this is and why it won't let me do it? Thanks in advance!
I've been having the same problems. I've called in three times now... (my trip begins Nov 15th staying at OKW).
First time I called they said it was due to not being in the 28 day window (apparently down from the 60 day window due to the 'system being overloaded'). The second call said it was because I wasn't invited to be a part of the test. After receiving my invitation to join the test via email, they said that "we're upgrading the system, so just be patient". Anyway, my most recent call was supposedly 'elevated' in status and someone's supposed to look at it within the week. In the mean time, I keep checking... and keep seeing the same error message as you.

Clamman73

For my recent trip, I wasn't able to make fastpass choices until about 30 days out, even when everything was linked, online check-in, the works...

ninjaprincesst

This is odd. I never had any trouble.I did my fastpass+ and magic bands at 60 days. I had to do online check in to do the magic bands, but that was all. Oh,and I never got an invitation to do the test at all. The fastpass+ just all the sudden appeared.

SteveAZee

This is odd. I never had any trouble.I did my fastpass+ and magic bands at 60 days. I had to do online check in to do the magic bands, but that was all. Oh,and I never got an invitation to do the test at all. The fastpass+ just all the sudden appeared.

Which is certainly one of the more frustrating aspects of this experience... the inconsistency.

Rob562

Ah, okay. I customized my magic band online, but I didn't realize I'd have to check in first. I wonder how that will work if my waitlist opens up. I'm booked at Jambo House right now, but I'm on the waitlist for Boardwalk. So I check in a few days before online, right? And that is when I will be able to make FP+ selections? Thanks!

I don't know for sure, but I doubt that doing online checkin would affect anything. You can do it as soon as 60 days out now. Give it a try, it should open up FP+ for you.

-Rob

Sparkle81

-Rob
I've managed to do all of my FP+ selections, and customise magic bands- I haven't done online check in, and I'll be staying at Saratoga Springs :)

SteveAZee

I did the online check-in a while ago... just double-checked it, and it's still 'checked in'. Still no offer for Magicbands nor access to FP+.

Rob562

I did the online check-in a while ago... just double-checked it, and it's still 'checked in'. Still no offer for Magicbands nor access to FP+.

I've heard of people that have gone in and had to redo/edit their online checkin before FP+ became available, especially if FP+ became available for their dates *after* they'd already done online checkin.

-Rob

rufio

Original Poster
I don't know for sure, but I doubt that doing online checkin would affect anything. You can do it as soon as 60 days out now. Give it a try, it should open up FP+ for you.

-Rob

I'm 39 days out and that's the error message I'm getting. I give up.

ratherbeinwdw

I just got my invite in the mail yesterday. This was three weeks after I had already ordered the bands and picked my fp selections. I got the bands on Wednesday and received the invite yesterday by email and snail mail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom