Ride Concept Survey

danpam1024

Original Poster
Just completed a ride concept survey for:
1. a ride based on The Lorax
2. a ride based on the Smurfs
For each there were 2 separate story lines and ride concepts (dark suspended rides vs 3D simulators). It was fun to give input. It's nice they seem to be catering to a broad spectrum of guests. Guess there will be more announcements for future UOR projects! Keep 'em coming!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
it was 2 concepts for each ride. I voted for dark rides on both :) kinda over the 3d simulators- i see them as a cheap way of adding something new. Despicable Me is meh- could have been so much more. But I guess it's fun for the little ones.

The theme in the pre-show room is lots of fun though...

And, yeah, my kid adored the Dance Party. Ride? Agreed...meh...

misterID

Well, there would be if they got rid of RR&R and made it two-three stories. I think they call that pie in the sky:D

Last I heard, didn't Spielberg demand (and have it in his contract) that they can't get rid of the ET ride, because of how livid he was that the other parks demolished them? There was a rumor that a "new" E.T. ride would be constructed for one of the new UNI parks. If that's true, I don't think E.T. will be going anywhere.

LucyK

I got the survey as well and I chose the dark ride for the Lorax and the 3D ride for Smurfs. I pointed both times that Universal has too many 3D rides already and a good dark ride is better but for some reason the concept of the Smurf dark ride didn't appeal to me.

GLaDOS

Last I heard, didn't Spielberg demand (and have it in his contract) that they can't get rid of the ET ride, because of how livid he was that the other parks demolished them? There was a rumor that a "new" E.T. ride would be constructed for one of the new UNI parks. If that's true, I don't think E.T. will be going anywhere.

I think this is one of those internet myths that has become "fact" without anything to back it up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom