Disney Theatrical Eyeing Muppets On Stage - Would LOVE this in DHS

djlaosc

If they could get it to work in the Premiere Theater, that would be close to Muppet Vision 3D if they were ever to create a Muppet Land.

Calvin Coolidge

If you believe this is because of the use of puppets...

Avenue Q. Nuff said.

In Avenue Q the puppeteers were visible on stage the whole time. That would not fly with The Muppets.

It's pretty difficult to orient the Muppets for a live show but I will absolutely see this if it comes to Broadway.

I'd also be interested in replacing MuppetVision with an Audio-animatronics based Muppets show...

t3techcom18

I don't think Muppets on Stage would involve puppets doing the deed...

I know, but I'm saying that if someone thinks it's a bad idea because the main characters would be puppets and not have that trade show 'LIVE!' feel, Avenue Q is the perfect example of using puppets to the best extent.

You could even use The Lion King as an example, to a certain degree.

Examples of two shows that prove puppets can be used to interpret a story, create innovative characters and not feel cheap or fake in the process.

Rodan75

Ah, that is disappointing. But a Muppet show could mean big business on the touring circuit and in local playhouses. I see them chasing this like they did with Newsies and at least setting it up for local playhouses.

Magenta Panther

Uh, but the Muppets already have their own theater in DHS, which is sparsely attended. Why would TDO put more of what most park guests have made clear they don't really want? Plus, it's rumored that Disneyland will be doing away with their Muppet theater altogether, to put in a Monstropolis attraction. So I doubt there will be any expansion of the Muppets in the parks. Star Wars is much more likely IMO (although I'm not too crazy about that idea either). Just sayin'.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't think Muppets on Stage would involve puppets doing the deed...

Not the use of puppets. I wouldn't like them using puppets just the whole premise of it.

Well, they can always get Vee Corporation again to bring the characters back...
mop830274LARGE.jpg

And this one was from a Live Tour (Ala Sesame Street Live) from the 80's
Corbis-0000223617-018.jpg

Also The Muppets had a show on the Disney Cruise line called Muppets Ahoy! But with the Puppets..
Muppets_Ahoy_Cast.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom