Zebras gone again at Kilimanjaro Safaris?

articos

The new temporary permanent zebra area was finished, and the zebras were put on stage. There is still more work that's planned to make the storyline fit the show again, but it's a little ways out. However, for some reason, the zebras have been pulled out again lately, and evidently have been mostly behind the scenes again for the past weeks. Don't know the reason.

Tip Top Club

The zebras entered their new home last November. They were out in the mornings only for about two weeks. After that they were on show regularly throughout the holidays. Right after the Holidays they were pulled off show for about a week, then they came back for about another week, and since then have unfortunately been temporarily relocated back to the north Savanna (The Previously mentioned off-show savanna that can briefly be spotted after the collapsing bridge sequence)

No word yet on when they will return to the finale, but in the interim the Addax have been placed in the area. (White Antelope with Curly Horns)

articos

The zebras entered their new home last November. They were out in the mornings only for about two weeks. After that they were on show regularly throughout the holidays. Right after the Holidays they were pulled off show for about a week, then they came back for about another week, and since then have unfortunately been temporarily relocated back to the north Savanna (The Previously mentioned off-show savanna that can briefly be spotted after the collapsing bridge sequence)

No word yet on when they will return to the finale, but in the interim the Addax have been placed in the area. (White Antelope with Curly Horns)
Thanks for the clarification.

WDWBryan

I went to see the zebras when it was announced they were out and they didn't not look very happy. They were all huddled together and one small area it looked very cramped and they didn't move

nyfrenchy

I'd like the imagineers to use that available space to implement this (published in eyes & ears in 1996), that would make a thrilling finale!

safari.jpg

djlaosc

I'd like the imagineers to use that available space to implement this (published in eyes & ears in 1996), that would make a thrilling finale!

safari.jpg

That seems similar (not exact, obviously, but in theory), to the original Rhino Rally at BGTB - of course, the "water section" of Rhino Rally has now gone, so, it could differentiate itself (and not be a copy)

nepalostparks

As an update, still no zebras as of this past weekend. The addax were out in the habitat.

Also, no Nile Crocodiles at all in their habitat... the driver didn't make any mention of it, just drove over the bridge like nothing was ever there.

drew81

They really need hyenas. The safari is missing hyenas. Do a moated exhibit. It can be done, AK management.

Animal programs will get zebras back. They spent too much money on the new area and guests continue to ask for zebras.

The Duck

They really need hyenas. The safari is missing hyenas. Do a moated exhibit. It can be done, AK management.

Animal programs will get zebras back. They spent too much money on the new area and guests continue to ask for zebras.
Hyenas are mostly nocturnal. Chances are, they'll be sleeping more than the lions.

RSoxNo1

Hyenas were planned at one point. My understanding is that they cut species of animals so that they could have proper facilities behind the scenes. I believe Hyenas, African Wild Dogs, and Gemsboks were all considered at different points in time.

You can see photos of Hyenas in the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.

The Empress Lilly

You can see photos of Hyenas in the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.
I can see photos of hyenas with my athletically curved buttocks seated on my comfy couch at home.

Gives us hyenas! I love those and my local zoo doesn't carry them, unlike zebras, lions, giraffes and elephants.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom