Just back - Some random thoughts

ChristianG

If you do go next summer, I recommend going late August when everyone starts going back to school. Last year I went to WDW sometime between Aug 20th - Aug 30th and the crowds were unbelievably low!

53Herbie

One of the secrets to Disney's magic is the appearance. If I wanted to see trash in a park I would keep my family in Texas and go to Six Flags. I think they should ask guest to leave who damage the parks with trash. Your comments about large crowds and chants is another concern I have experienced. Our trips occur in February and we run into Cheerleader Competition often. I wish Disney would impose some rules on this type of organized behavior on buses and in the parks.

Jakester

If i ever do decide to take a Flash Photo inside a ride, Ill do it when the park is open late night and not many people are on the ride so its not ruining the experience.
As i posted earlier, i only did it that time cuz we had been stuck for a while.

Jakester

Also, when ever i see a tour group walking toward a ride, i walk the opposite way. Please dont walk through the parks chanting stuff we dont want to hear. About the trash, It isnt to hard to find a trash can....

Epcot_Imagineer

I remember when a woman was taking pictures during Illuminations right next to me. The flash was extremely annoying, with the camera being right in my face, so I asked her to stop, but it seemed like she didn't speak English! She looked scared, and then immediately walked away. :lookaroun

ddbowdoin

Amen!!! If you can't do it right (and within the rules) then do not do it at all. Of the many things people complain on here that Disney is not doing a good job at, this is one that i fully agree with. They need to crack down on this. If that means stopping the ride every time someone uses flash and making an overhead announcement, fine with me. I just dont understand how people can think its alight. The pictures turn out like crap anyway!

This was taken without flash, show me a better photo taken with flash and I will never take a camera into the parks again!

109/334 - So close by CJ Balogh, on Flickr

most people have P&S cameras where they basically know how to turn the camera on and off, thats about it

ddbowdoin

guess I have one question... so I know the parks are uber crowded in the summer, but with a 14 day trip did you not find it easier to get what you wanted down since you could spread it around the length of the trip? I only ask because I am getting married next July and we're planning on a long trip as well (12 nights or so) and I don't want to get stuck in the same scenario. I might have to pull the trip and maybe extend later in the year. She's a teacher though and our time is limited!

Jakester

guess I have one question... so I know the parks are uber crowded in the summer, but with a 14 day trip did you not find it easier to get what you wanted down since you could spread it around the length of the trip? I only ask because I am getting married next July and we're planning on a long trip as well (12 nights or so) and I don't want to get stuck in the same scenario. I might have to pull the trip and maybe extend later in the year. She's a teacher though and our time is limited!

I think the reason it may be more crowded this year (It probably just feels like it) is because they lost a chunk of land, thats a loss of Capacity space, A Ride attraction capacity lost, and a few other people eaters gone. (until next summer)

captainkidd

Original Poster

It was actually 16 days. We did everything we wanted. That wasn't the problem. The problems I listed still took a lot of the magic away for me this time. We had already planned to go to Disneyland next year, and I'm glad. I could use a year away from WDW. To me, it seemed as though they are resting on their laurels.

CaptainShortty

Also, when ever i see a tour group walking toward a ride, i walk the opposite way. Please dont walk through the parks chanting stuff we dont want to hear. About the trash, It isnt to hard to find a trash can....

No more than 25 steps away from where you're currently standing. Walt studied guests and saw they would hold trash for an average of 25 steps before they dropped it on the ground or tried to place it somewhere so he decided to place garbage cans everywhere to alleviate the problem.

MSU Jafar

The only thing that makes me angrier than the flash issue is the lack of people actually moving all the way to the end of the row before taking their seat issue! Both of these items really need some sort of attention!

ddbowdoin

It was actually 16 days. We did everything we wanted. That wasn't the problem. The problems I listed still took a lot of the magic away for me this time. We had already planned to go to Disneyland next year, and I'm glad. I could use a year away from WDW. To me, it seemed as though they are resting on their laurels.

I guess I never experienced the world at its finest! damn... oh well

mickey2008.1

The problems being mentioned, trash, flashes, and moving to the end of a row, are all about people being disrespectful or just plain lazy. This is not WDW's fault, but society's. I know in my family of six, we do our part to adhere to the rules. If only other people did this! t's not that hard. QUIT BEING LAZY! That should be the sign at the entrance to the parks.:ROFLOL:

Goofnut1980

I actually find its the spoiled rich kids that make the mess... I work for a caterer on the weekends and we deal with wealthy people. They will see you cleaning off a station to change it over to deserts and will put their dirty cups or napkins or plates of food on it, when the trash can is 2 feet to their left. Wealthy people feel they dont have to do what everything else does because they "paid" for it. I bet if you watch who is the ones littering, its not the middle or lower class people. They are happy to be there and the kids know what a trash can is! ha It's the uppities. JMO :shrug:

lbrad

I just returned from a week @ WDW ...identical thoughts/experiences as captainkidd :( My DH is a school teacher & this was the only time we could go. We will NOT be returning next summer! I am very close to finding a new "Happy Place" ...tis sad because I love WDW ... this trip was our worst!

We are going again Sept. 30th to Oct 3rd (already planned & majority paid for/non-refundable). HOPING we recooperate/rejuvenate before our next trip because honestly ... we are dreading it :cry:

I'm going to look into Disney cruises :eek:

lbrad

The problems being mentioned, trash, flashes, and moving to the end of a row, are all about people being disrespectful or just plain lazy. This is not WDW's fault, but society's. I know in my family of six, we do our part to adhere to the rules. If only other people did this! t's not that hard. QUIT BEING LAZY! That should be the sign at the entrance to the parks.:ROFLOL:

I couldn't agree more! QUIT BEING LAZY!
We follow the rules and WALKED OVER MANY people who stopped in the middle of the row!
Follow instructions ... Move to the end of the row OR we will have to step on you ...geez

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom