River Country Pics

mastif

Not that I would ever attempt to go to River Country or anything :lookaroun, but out of curiosity, how would one even get in there nowadays? How much security is in the area? What would happen to someone caught snooping around? :lookaroun

I was wondering the same thing too...

TheBeatles

Not that I would ever attempt to go to River Country or anything :lookaroun, but out of curiosity, how would one even get in there nowadays? How much security is in the area? What would happen to someone caught snooping around? :lookaroun

There is not any security. Just a fence.

One of the old buildings used by River Country CMs is still used by Ft. Wilderness CMs to clock in and out for work.

I used to work at the Fort and as much as I love exploring WDW of the past, I would not want to go in there. I had many encounters with creepy critters while I was onstage at Bay Lake. I can't image what's living in River Country.

If you don't hop the fence, there is an area behind the bigger slides that Guests could walk to or dock a boat at (but that's very hard to do without getting caught.)

I want to believe the photographer had some kind of permission to get in. I'd be afraid Lake Patrol would have seen me there.

_Scar

Wish it'd reopen... and wish I couild've went when it was open :/

It sounded so cute, charming, and welcoming.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'd really love to know how this guy got in there and was able to take so many photos. I'd be nervous as anything.

It is sad and really does look like one of those "Aftermath" shows.

Cynderella

Thans so much for posting that! I used to LOVE River Country when we were younger. We would go on the Whoop N Holler Hollow slides non stop. We'd go down, get out, go up and go right back down again. We loved it even more when TL opened because even less people were there. Such a shame nothing has ever become of it. :(

Figment632

Quite frankly the best thread I have seen so far!!!!

I wonder how much longer Disney can let RC sit like this until it is deemed unsafe, and then must demolish for fear that someone will wander in and get seriously hurt?

WDW Vacationer

The part where it looks like slide came over the rocks and you were dumped into the pool...the last pictures we saw of RC had slides there...

And that shack!:hurl: To see the Employee recognition Plaque there is just not right.:(

It has sat too long.

_Scar

Looks like something from LOST-fenced in River Country/ supersponic fenced DHARMA camp

creepy plaque/creepy employee group photo

:lol:

hope someone gets the comparison

wdwwdeagle

I wonder how much longer Disney can let RC sit like this until it is deemed unsafe, and then must demolish for fear that someone will wander in and get seriously hurt?

From the cheers and jeers department:

Jeer:
Sorry to be a debbie downer, but yikes!.... coming from a public sector perspective (ie, the dreaded government), I'm always worried about "liability" -- and, boy howdy, this is a biggee. I hope it doesn't take something tragic for disney to finally do something about this. All I can think is 'grad nite.' Very scary. It only takes one, disney.

Cheer:
The other thing that hit me looking at these photos was how quickly things fall apart when unkempt. RC closed after 9/11 right? Wow. It really makes me appreciate how hard disney works every day, round the clock, to make the parks and resorts look perfect and well tended. It boggles the mind.

TheAmazingBobbo

Ok, so physically speaking -- Its obvious the River Country complex was near where WL presently sits, but having only stayed at the Contemporary, where would I look out over the water to get a general idea of direction? I'm just curious as to what area River Country once existed.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

One of Isners biggest victims? It looks like one of those simple places that you can have a ball at and entertain yourself. I am a foot mouth and mix allot of things up but back in 2004 I am pretty sure I heard it was going to be refurbished for fort wilderness. I heard this from a worker. For a place called Fort Wilderness located in Disney Land there pool is pretty lame.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Looks like something from LOST-fenced in River Country/ supersponic fenced DHARMA camp

creepy plaque/creepy employee group photo

:lol:

hope someone gets the comparison

I hadn't thought of that, but you're right! It definitely has a LOST feel to it. Maybe that's their idea! They're going to turn it into a LOST experience. Probably charge an arm and a leg to see it!

I'd be kind of worried to go back there, actually. I imagine it's crawling with snakes and gators by this point.

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
I hadn't thought of that, but you're right! It definitely has a LOST feel to it. Maybe that's their idea! They're going to turn it into a LOST experience. Probably charge an arm and a leg to see it!

I'd be kind of worried to go back there, actually. I imagine it's crawling with snakes and gators by this point.
Maybe that's why they are keeping it. It really brings out the "Wilderness" in the Ft. Wilderness Resort. :lol:

Ziffell

I'm sure that over time, continued threads such as this one will likely change this, but at least as of a couple years ago, getting into River Country would not be difficult at all. In fact, the lack of security in the area would be quite surprising. I know of someone who was able to do it with no trouble whatsoever and got tons of pictures. In fact, the pictures on the link in this thread appear to have been taken around the same time (this was a couple of years ago).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom