Once Upon a Studio short film - missing characters

Dear Prudence

I also wanted to mention that I think it was touching and beautifully directed. The use of the archival recordings was moving. I also feel as though some of the omissions might have been out of the creative team's control.

The Chatbox Ghost

So then yes, Song of the South and So Dear to my Heart should have been given something. Shame.
I mean, I get why they wouldn't include Song of the South characters (we're never seeing anything with those characters or their music ever again), but why wouldn't they include Danny from So Dear to My Heart? As far as I'm aware that movie doesn't have anything nearly as controversial as Song of the South, or even movies that made the cut like Aristocats, Peter Pan, Lady & the Tramp, etc.

JIMINYCR

Just watched it on Dis+ and itā€™s one of the best things theyā€™ve put out in years. So many fun moments and characters not seen in a long time. I was eagerly watching for the appearance of Jiminy Cricket who had been missing from Dis for a long time. Glad he made it into the short.
Had they included every single character in Dis history they would have had to make it a full length feature film.

ppete1975

I think on purpose you see more of the newer characters than the really old or niche, and that comes down to audience. Your general consumer... and not nuts on a message board that loves disney (playful jab including myself), are going to know the newer characters from newer movies, rather than a character in a movie that most havent seen (due to age of demographic). Although there are a few niche characters, they wanted the characters that most people would recognize, here and abroad.

Dear Prudence

Pocahontas was still there even though Native people, specifically her nation, and her family, have been begging Disney to stop using her. The last time I checked the film had no content warnings on Disney Plus. Just because something is still widely in circulation and has characters on merchandise doesn't mean it's not bad. Again, I am not here to play Oppression Olympics (because it's ugly and I absolutely to NOT mess with that), but hypocrisy on the part of Disney and its stans is pretty staggering.

Cmdr_Crimson

Pocahontas is allowed to stick around because Walt forbid we "ban" one of the Disney Princesses.
Riiiighhhht....
59475e92f9df759bbe92e547f18276587002203a.gif

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I am extremely happy that Aladar is in the film in some form. :) Very happy about that.

Just watched it on Disney+... I thought it was VERY well done! It did make me feel insanely sad not having a brer character there...

jeggy4life

Loved the filmā€¦got a little emotional when Mickey talked to Walt and when they all were singing When You Wish Upon a Star. šŸ˜Š Anyone notice how some major characters like Woody and Buzz didnā€™t make the cut? I wonder if they didnā€™t make it due to scale with the other charactersā€¦being toys theyā€™d be smaller than the Dalmatian puppies.
I don't think they included disney-pixar in there, they only had disney characters. If it were Disney Pixar they would've had coco, cars and inside out

Walt Disney1955

I thought it was an awesome short clip. The "Feed the Birds" playing in the background when Mickey was talking to Walt was just poetic. I know it is just a bunch of cartoon characters, but man it was so cool to see all of them together and it just seemed like it would have been a cool place to hang out if you had been in that world.

Then "When you Wish Upon a Star" playing was epic. Just a fun little movie to watch. It makes you think just how great Disney can be if they want to be. No one can compare with their history, and it just pales in comparison to the actress in the new Snow White movie (don't know her name) that took an ill-timed opportunity to trash the company's history. The history of Disney is what makes it so great, and when you see it in that sort of light when they highlight their greatness then it reminds you why you love visiting the parks and such in the first place. They can do it if they want to, that is what makes them so great and better than anyone else.........................when they choose to.

Even Mr. Toad had a small role, I loved it.

I know the Roy O. Disney Animation Studio is in California, but by does anyone know if you are able to tour it or any other part of the Disney studios? Might be some nice history there.

Cmdr_Crimson

I know the Roy O. Disney Animation Studio is in California, but by does anyone know if you are able to tour it or any other part of the Disney studios? Might be some nice history there.
Unless there's a specific D23 Event the closest thing is the Adventures by Disney package that includes not only The Walt Disney Studios but The Jim Henson studios as well..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom