OCVibe Approved by Anaheim City Council.

Phroobar

With all the young beautiful hipsters, it reminds me of the City in Logan's Run. I wonder if they have Carousel.

iu

TP2000

Bumping this thread just to mention that OCVibe still hasn't broken ground yet.

It's now the middle of June, 2023. And no sign of a Woonerf.

MoonRakerSCM

I can't say much, but I'm involved in this project a little bit. I have not heard a single thing on my end at all recently. Though usually don't hear about it until it's about to ramp up as construction people don't like us sciencey folk.

Last edited:

TP2000

For easier access to the Woonerf, your tax dollars at work...

From the article, a gold star is awarded to Mayor Aitken for just inventing the new phrase "Anaheim's riverfront". 🤣

For those who have never been to this part of Anaheim, this is what she's talking about when she says "riverfront", and this is taken on one of its better days with a bit of actual water flow...

3296821396_86379bd39e_b.jpg

Anaheim will get $5 million in in federal funding to support building new pedestrian bridges and trails near the Honda Center, officials announced Monday, June 26.

The funding will go to five projects planned to connect the OCVibe development that will be starting construction around the Honda Center, the Santa Ana River, Anaheim’s ARTIC train and bus station and a future river park next to Angel Stadium.

“In years to come, Anaheim’s riverfront will be the place to connect with nature and enjoy new entertainment and fun around Honda Center,” Mayor Ashleigh Aitken said in a news release.

Two of the five projects include a bridge that will carry pedestrians and bicyclists – but no cars – over the Santa Ana River and a new lane to separate bicycle traffic from pedestrians along the Santa Ana River Trail in Anaheim.

The pedestrian bridge will be north of Katella Avenue and will lead directly from the east side of the Santa Ana River into The Gardens park planned in front of the Honda Center.

Phroobar

From the article, a gold star is awarded to Mayor Aitken for just inventing the new phrase "Anaheim's riverfront". 🤣

For those who have never been to this part of Anaheim, this is what she's talking about when she says "riverfront", and this is taken on one of its better days with a bit of actual water flow...

Anaheim will get $5 million in in federal funding to support building new pedestrian bridges and trails near the Honda Center, officials announced Monday, June 26.

The funding will go to five projects planned to connect the OCVibe development that will be starting construction around the Honda Center, the Santa Ana River, Anaheim’s ARTIC train and bus station and a future river park next to Angel Stadium.

“In years to come, Anaheim’s riverfront will be the place to connect with nature and enjoy new entertainment and fun around Honda Center,” Mayor Ashleigh Aitken said in a news release.

Two of the five projects include a bridge that will carry pedestrians and bicyclists – but no cars – over the Santa Ana River and a new lane to separate bicycle traffic from pedestrians along the Santa Ana River Trail in Anaheim.

The pedestrian bridge will be north of Katella Avenue and will lead directly from the east side of the Santa Ana River into The Gardens park planned in front of the Honda Center.
Maybe they are going to fill the Santa Ana River with water?

They are planning on getting the rubber damns added here. Similar to tempe town lake in arizona

TP2000

They could easily wait a couple more years and still have it ready for the Olympics.
When do you think the first stroopwaffel food truck will appear?

To be fair, @lazyboy97o has a point. Any of the OC venues can wait another two years before they get under construction and still make it for the Olympics. That's apparently the timetable that OCVibe! ocV!be is on. Check back in '25.

It's the main venues up in LA County that I worry about the most. The physical structures are all on schedule, but it's the rampant homelessness and lawlessness and street drug culture and homeless encampments on freeway onramps or any patch of green grass that worries me.

Can you even imagine the panicky massive cleanup that the LA Mayor will have to do in June, 2028? It's going to be like the movie Soylent Green when they sent the scoops in to clear all the vagrants and rioters from the streets... 🤣

N8S4M7s.gif

truecoat

To be fair, @lazyboy97o has a point. Any of the OC venues can wait another two years before they get under construction and still make it for the Olympics. That's apparently the timetable that OCVibe! ocV!be is on. Check back in '25.

It's the main venues up in LA County that I worry about the most. The physical structures are all on schedule, but it's the rampant homelessness and lawlessness and street drug culture and homeless encampments on freeway onramps or any patch of green grass that worries me.

Can you even imagine the panicky massive cleanup that the LA Mayor will have to do in June, 2028? It's going to be like the movie Soylent Green when they sent the scoops in to clear all the vagrants and rioters from the streets... 🤣

N8S4M7s.gif

Homelessness will only get worse as baby boomers find out there's no one to take care of them.

Boomer

TP2000

Homelessness will only get worse as baby boomers find out there's no one to take care of them.

I'm not sure if you've seen what downtown Los Angeles looks like recently, but this is not elderly folks stretching their Social Security checks by sharing a place with a roommate or two.

This is a drug-fueled crisis of homelessness. These are not working-class retirees, these are hardcore drug users whose only concern is their next fix. They live in squalor and filth, and the city allows them to because that's somehow "empathetic".

About 15 minutes ago the Tim Conway Jr. show on KFI delved into this exact topic... "Los Angeles Does Not Seem At All Ready For the Olympics. The Homeless Camps Are Everywhere!". This will not just be humiliating for LA, it will be humiliating for the USA if the Los Angeles politicians and alleged leaders do not clean that city up by '28. They have a LOT of work to do all over town, it's not just one neighborhood. It's nearly everywhere, every freeway onramp, every park large or small, nearly every parcel of vacant land or sidewalk.

Tim Conway Jr. also just spoke about Peter Euburoth (sp?) who was in charge of the LA Olympics in '84. It came off as one of the best run, most profitable, most efficient Olympics in history. But who is in charge of the LA Olympics this time? No one seems to know, and the city apparently has no plan. The clock is ticking....

-1x-1.jpg

LAHomeless06042019.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom