Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs coming to Disney's BoardWalk at Walt Disney World

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Maybe it'll be in the Kiosk down from BoardWalk Joe's Marvelous Margaritas. It'll be a nice change from the endless pizza.

Fsunolekrw

I've always wondered, with the dearth of food options at the Boardwalk, why they don't put some corn dogs, burgers, hot dogs, funnel cakes, and curly fries out on the Boardwalk. They could put carts or just park a couple of food trucks. It fits in with whatever theming is left.
There already is in place what was a funnel cake kiosk on The Boardwalk that I’m pretty sure closed like everything with the 2020 shutdown and has never reopened. Hopefully they will reopen it too.

JaxFLBear

There already is in place what was a funnel cake kiosk on The Boardwalk that I’m pretty sure closed like everything with the 2020 shutdown and has never reopened. Hopefully they will reopen it too.
If that was the Boardwalk To Go kiosk, this is taking that space.

Fsunolekrw

If that was the Boardwalk To Go kiosk, this is taking that space.
There is a second funnel cake kiosk that was closed along with the Boardwalk To Go kiosk in 2020. Neither of them had reopened since 2020. Would be nice to see them reopen everything that closed with the shutdown.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'll stick with the traditional at Casey's, thanks.
Casey's used to my favorite MK QS but has disappointed the last few years. We recently got both the Casey's traditional and Sleepy Hollow corndog and thought the corndog was better.

Casey's does have chipotle barbecue fries with a load of pulled pork that could be a nice meal. It was $6.49 on Sunday and has already increased to $7.49. 😄

JIMINYCR

I agree Caseys is great and I love their variety of toppings. But its also great to have a spot to grab a good corn dog when walking around at the Boardwalk.

Bocabear

I cant believe they never created a restaurant fully themed to the 1940s Boardwalk to match the hotel...It could have been spectacular using amusement antiques, thematic architecture and design and the menu could have been all based on Boardwalk food... A restaurant open from 8-midnight every night, it would have been a bustling hub for Epcot Resorts guests and park goers alike... Instead we get Cake Bake Shop which will I am sure have limited hours and be ridiculously expensive....

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I cant believe they never created a restaurant fully themed to the 1940s Boardwalk to match the hotel...It could have been spectacular using amusement antiques, thematic architecture and design and the menu could have been all based on Boardwalk food... A restaurant open from 8-midnight every night, it would have been a bustling hub for Epcot Resorts guests and park goers alike... Instead we get Cake Bake Shop which will I am sure have limited hours and be ridiculously expensive....
There's Belle Vue lounge set to 1930s but to your point it's not an actual restaurant on the boardwalk but is instead only a bar tucked in the hotel so it's not on anyone's radar.

Bocabear

We used to go to the Belle Vue quite a bit years ago, but lately it just doesn't have the same vibe... not sure why.
They really need a restaurant that has late night dining on property...Parks close around 10 and the resorts are often full of people looking for something to eat... Which forces people to buy horrible pizza delivery from off-site pizza places, or leave the property completely looking for some options. SURELY there would be enough of an audience on-property to support a fun late night dining venue. Especially it was not fine dining, but casual table service... Boardwalk Fare or Jersey Diner food...like a Hash House A Go-Go with a boardwalk theme....
1690479782352.png

The Colonel

don't you want a $30 slice of cake on your way to Epcot?

G&CsMom

IMO, the Boardwalk doesn't need another TS. It needs a proper QS. I wish they would remove Big River Grill and make that a QS. It could serve a plated hot breakfast which is sorely missing in this area. Lunch and dinner with burgers, philly cheesesteaks, bucket of boiled shrimp, fried chicken and waffle sandwich, etc. Of course it would also have the elusive soda refill station for mugs. This QS should be open until at least midnight given the late hours of the nearby lively bars.

The Cake Bake Shop is going to be expensive and it will have it's following, at least for a few years. The QS in the whole area is so limited. Not everyone wants to go to a TS as it's more expensive and sucks up valuable time.

Eric Graham

IMO, the Boardwalk doesn't need another TS. It needs a proper QS. I wish they would remove Big River Grill and make that a QS. It could serve a plated hot breakfast which is sorely missing in this area. Lunch and dinner with burgers, philly cheesesteaks, bucket of boiled shrimp, fried chicken and waffle sandwich, etc. Of course it would also have the elusive soda refill station for mugs. This QS should be open until at least midnight given the late hours of the nearby lively bars.

The Cake Bake Shop is going to be expensive and it will have it's following, at least for a few years. The QS in the whole area is so limited. Not everyone wants to go to a TS as it's more expensive and sucks up valuable time.
We like the food at Big River Grill. It can be also easy to get into.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom