News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

donsullivan

Premium Member
Agreed. I think if you see more discounts offered for this summer then you really know it's a problem. The fact the virtual queue was none existent the last few days tells me demand isn't as high as Disney expected
Keep in mind that summer has been a slow (relative concept) time for overall attendance at WDW for a very long time now so I wouldn't go jumping to any major conclusions; this is just repeating a historical pattern, not a sudden change.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Keep in mind that summer has been a slow (relative concept) time for overall attendance at WDW for a very long time now so I wouldn't go jumping to any major conclusions; this is just repeating a historical pattern, not a sudden change.
That is correct.

But you are probably aware that management all but decreed “no discounts” starting in 2017/2018…and that was pushed down the sales chain.
Anytime.

They believed there were no boundaries…that they had achieved “the fourth dimension” based on bob(s) misguided theories and beliefs.

“The product of no equal”

It was never realistic

Jrb1979

While it's been slow during summer, they rarely had this many discounts out. APs coming back is a big one. Selling APs was one of the last resorts to get attendance for the summer. Judging from the lack of demand after the first day tells me it's going to be a very quiet summer.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While it's been slow during summer, they rarely had this many discounts out. APs coming back is a big one. Selling APs was one of the last resorts to get attendance for the summer. Judging from the lack of demand after the first day tells me it's going to be a very quiet summer.
The same thing happened with dvc sales…
Rush on day one…which is really just the natural move after 3 years of not offering them…then a drop to nil after.

This week was more interesting because of the general public opening? But it seems more of the same happened.

We just didn’t know if there was a “finite” limit to them imposed. It seems that this was more out of actual necessity than a marketing ploy…which was what I personally wondered about?

But let’s face it….they are WAY more than they had been prior. Like alot. And then you show up to use your annual pass and everything they want you to buy…which was the ENTIRE point of selling APs in the first place…is way more too.

There’s a ceiling on every product. Have they found it? Who knows?…

But I’m interested to see if they try to “discount” them in the near to middle future?

They absolutely wanted them to “sell out” and would never admit defeat.

But whatever numbers they set…it’s reasonable to think they overestimated the “backlog of demand”

Another minor defeat for Bob in a long and Growing string of them.

And back in the swamp…their competitor is STILL building the largest new theme park development in the last 30+ years and Disney still has NOTHING planned or moving.

Love to see how Bob tells his investor lords why that is “all according to plan…”??

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Android has a wallet. I use mine.
(Plus nealy 50/50 split, not 80/20)
Well I have been schooled by the cast members these past two weeks on the official method they are suppose to be using (and the other ways that some kind of gloss over and accept)

The official verification for point of sale (not turnstile admission) is via MDE, scroll to the bottom, select my profile, then membership and passes. That's the only official place they are suppose to use to get the date.

Not any wallet.

pdude81

Well I have been schooled by the cast members these past two weeks on the official method they are suppose to be using (and the other ways that some kind of gloss over and accept)

The official verification for point of sale (not turnstile admission) is via MDE, scroll to the bottom, select my profile, then membership and passes. That's the only official place they are suppose to use to get the date.

Not any wallet.
Membership and passes doesn't show the DVC Y and that's been required for me to get any sort of discounts. For the AP discount they have wanted to see the wallet as well, so I avoid clicking through MDE to get there.

correcaminos

Membership and passes doesn't show the DVC Y and that's been required for me to get any sort of discounts. For the AP discount they have wanted to see the wallet as well, so I avoid clicking through MDE to get there.
Same.

Not any wallet.
See above, does not work for all verifications. Also, not sure why you quoted me either like 3 weeks later. I simply told you Androids have wallets.

I imagine since you don't use the was their work around for you. Those who use wallets, they prefer the other way. Much faster too.

Tony the Tigger

What were the temperature and humidity levels outside?

Also, did you use any coupons?
It’s been a minute, but if this is referring to the question I think it is, it was September. Better than coupons, I paid for it completely with Chase Disney Visa points. There’s a trip report about it somewhere lol.

MrPromey

It’s been a minute, but if this is referring to the question I think it is, it was September. Better than coupons, I paid for it completely with Chase Disney Visa points. There’s a trip report about it somewhere lol.

It was just funny how people were on you for details. It felt like someone was trying to trip you up for find some sort of gotcha in that.

I suppose people might have just been intrigued and surprised a meal at Disney could go for so much, too... but with the line of questioning, it felt like at least some were not asking questions in that spirit. 🙃

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Same.

See above, does not work for all verifications. Also, not sure why you quoted me either like 3 weeks later. I simply told you Androids have wallets.

I imagine since you don't use the was their work around for you. Those who use wallets, they prefer the other way. Much faster too.

And I specified that it was for AP verification as the wallet entry has no date. Turnstile entry requires a scanner with the wallet, but the POS isnt set up for QR validation of eligibility. DVC, date is not an issue other than the years of maintenance fees y'all voluntarily encumbered yourselves with.

Parties with more than one person at a turnstile using wallet entries are a curse as they are slower than even a physical card.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
I just logged into my MDE profile and the 2 DVC Sorcerer Passes I bought on 4-13-23 show an expiration date of 12-31-24.

mwhite93

Same, although my children’s passes say expiration date is 4/12/24. I assume that will re-adjust once they make their first entrance to the parks

correcaminos

Same, although my children’s passes say expiration date is 4/12/24. I assume that will re-adjust once they make their first entrance to the parks
Yes, it will update. A poster in another forum just confirmed no activation was required!
I just logged into my MDE profile and the 2 DVC Sorcerer Passes I bought on 4-13-23 show an expiration date of 12-31-24.
Wow lucky, they should be showing 4/24. You got a couple extra months before needing to use 😆

And I specified that it was for AP verification as the wallet entry has no date. Turnstile entry requires a scanner with the wallet, but the POS isnt set up for QR validation of eligibility. DVC, date is not an issue other than the years of maintenance fees y'all voluntarily encumbered yourselves with.

Parties with more than one person at a turnstile using wallet entries are a curse as they are slower than even a physical card.
Turn on NFC and there is no QR code. It allows you to scroll through tickets very quickly for admission. Again not sure why you quoted me before or again for this, I'm just giving info on using the wallet and how it exists and how it shows status. That's it.

FTR DVC doesn't show end date anywhere. It ends when you sell. DVC status absolutely is an issue for discounts and other perks.

Let's all agree we got lied to in a sales ploy and now they have our money (or will be guaranteed to get it), so we now have two choices:

Make the money a complete waste and ensure the liars don't get any more money by not going ever again

Go to Disney, land of Liar Scum Management, and give them more of our money and pretend we are having a great time (yes, fantasy,) and forget the bad people who get the money.

The choice is yours.

Its only money...

PaulZ

Let's all agree we got lied to in a sales ploy and now they have our money (or will be guaranteed to get it), so we now have two choices:

Make the money a complete waste and ensure the liars don't get any more money by not going ever again

Go to Disney, land of Liar Scum Management, and give them more of our money and pretend we are having a great time (yes, fantasy,) and forget the bad people who get the money.

The choice is yours.

Its only money...
Don’t agree. For all we know the passes are limited but after the initial mad rush, demand dissipated because so many gave them the middle finger after the years of being walked all over and not even having them available. Not saying that’s what happened but it is a possibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom