News Bruce Vaughn Returns to Disney as Co-Lead of Walt Disney Imagineering

Cmdr_Crimson

What in the name of Card Walker am I Looking at????
doubletake.gif

HauntedMansionFLA

From what I remember we didn’t like him and was glad he was gone. Was he involved in the New Fantasyland disappointment?

But sometimes it is better the devil you know. Hopefully he understands Zootopia doesn’t belong in Animal Kingdom.
Wasn’t he in charge of the first California adventure and Paris Studios park being built?

I remember watching him trying to talk up Kali Rapid Water ride.

RSoxNo1

They could easily open something in Wonders of Life in 2025 if they need something to market. New shows at DHS are also an option.

I agree that the window for anything in DAK in 2025 is closing.
Honestly, all of the following projects should be in the works for EPCOT for 2025, they'd naturally stagger them so they don't all happen at once but still:

• Imagination Overhaul: Think GMR to MaMRR timeline (30 months). This would obviously have to happen quickly.
  • Wonders of Life Light overhaul: Whether it's the Play! Pavilion a room full of meet and greets or something in between, this could be a capacity add in a park that doesn't really need a capacity add
  • SSE Refurbishment: Previously announced, Rumored timeline was 18+ months, probably not that big of a sell
  • Seas with Nemo and Friends Overhaul: This was definitely on the table back in 2017 but I don't think it was ever intended to be anything more than a C/D ticket. That being said, it's not nothing.
  • Coco overlay on Gran Fiesta Tour: Similar to Sea with Nemo and Friends. The queue would be an issue.

UNCgolf

Honestly, all of the following projects should be in the works for EPCOT for 2025, they'd naturally stagger them so they don't all happen at once but still:
  • Seas with Nemo and Friends Overhaul: This was definitely on the table back in 2017 but I don't think it was ever intended to be anything more than a C/D ticket. That being said, it's not nothing.

Any ride there is a mistake unless it actually incorporates the aquarium views rather than covering them with drapes. It's also incredibly constrained from a design perspective; there's just not much that can be done in those corridors. If they aren't going to use the aquarium, they'd be better off returning it to the SeaCabs.

Then, if they want a Nemo ride, do a new build behind or to the side of the Living Seas (like Soarin') with the freedom to build whatever is necessary instead of trying to shoehorn into a space not really built for an attraction.

RSoxNo1

Any ride there is a mistake unless it actually incorporates the aquarium views rather than covering them with drapes. It's also incredibly constrained from a design perspective; there's just not much that can be done in those corridors. If they aren't going to use the aquarium, they'd be better off returning it to the SeaCabs.

Then, if they want a Nemo ride, do a new build behind or to the side of the Living Seas (like Soarin') with the freedom to build whatever is necessary instead of trying to shoehorn into a space not really built for an attraction.
I'd rather see a Nemo ride and Turtle Talk relocated to an Oceania section of DAK.

UNCgolf

I'd rather see a Nemo ride and Turtle Talk relocated to an Oceania section of DAK.

I wish that was an option.

The Living Seas Pavilion, with the hydrolaters, SeaCabs, etc. was as magical as anything anywhere at WDW to a kid and I'd love to see it restored (in an updated fashion to account for new technology etc.).

I was in awe as a 6 year old; I honestly believed I'd gone to a base under the ocean. I remembered it so vividly that when I finally returned and saw it as an 11 year old I was briefly confused about how it was possible to get to the ocean from that location.

Last edited:

BlakeW39

The Living Seas Pavilion, with the hydrolaters, SeaCabs, etc. was as magical as anything anywhere at WDW to a kid and I'd love to see it restored (in an updated fashion to account for new technology etc.).

I was in awe as a 6 year old; I honestly believed I'd gone to a base under the ocean. I remembered it so vividly that when I finally returned and saw it as an 11 year old I was briefly confused about how it was possible to get to the ocean from that location.

Honestly such a shame Disney had to go and mess up something so cool

That said I am a firm believer that the next natural step in DAK's evolution is to incorporate a land based on the ocean, showcasing man's relationship with aquatic ecosystems and life forms.

UNCgolf

Honestly such a shame Disney had to go and mess up something so cool

That said I am a firm believer that the next natural step in DAK's evolution is to incorporate a land based on the ocean, showcasing man's relationship with aquatic ecosystems and life forms.

I'm all for that, but I don't see it happening. I think all future DAK expansions will be based on IP with little to no connection to the original theme of the park. I'd be very surprised to see any significant animal additions, e.g. -- a few small ones could happen, but I don't think we will ever see them add anything on the scale of the Discovery Island animal trails, much less Maharajah Jungle Trek.

RSoxNo1

My thought was utilize the existing layout + some of the wet to dry conceit for a trip to the Marianas trench

Smiley/OCD

And it was great when Joey and Jesse did the radio show from down there…

BlakeW39

Unless you fork up hundreds of dollars for the sit down restaurants, Disney's counter service food ain't no Panera Bread... lol

I mean? In some cases it kinda is though. Disney counter service food can be pretty good to be honest. And I'm much of an ally of Disney's right now but I never dread eating there like I do at Universal.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I mean? In some cases it kinda is though. Disney counter service food can be pretty good to be honest. And I'm much of an ally of Disney's right now but I never dread eating there like I do at Universal.
I dread eating at both places. They're awful overpriced worse-than-food-court food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom