News Disney After Hours at Walt Disney World (2024)

AndyS2992

Basically it's the holiday ticketed events sans the holiday being celebrated, All rides available, and instead of hot cocoa, cookies, or Halloween candy..Full box popcorn, Disney novelty ice cream and 20oz coke products are free for your's for the taking.....It's worth it due to how much those snacks normally are on a normal day in the park...I took the advantage the last time I did the MK event and I was quite pleased..:)
View attachment 669515
Yes but it's not actually 'free', you've already paid for the treats in the ticket price for the event so I'd be loading up way more than that. Especially since they were extremely stingy with the candy at the MNSSHP I went to this year :rolleyes: Plus it rained the entire evening so half the rides were closed and the stage shows and parade were all cancelled. Still bitter about it :grumpy: Waste of money.

Cmdr_Crimson

How awful of Disney to plan rain the night of a ticketed event!
Bob Paycheck is the worst.
36b81bd5-3a98-4959-8305-f5e69aec67c7_text.gif

AndyS2992

How awful of Disney to plan rain the night of a ticketed event!
🙄 Yeah it’s not their fault but when you’ve paid $400 for an event and you don’t get what’s advertised. It stings a little. That money could have gone to better use. More annoyingly it was my birthday too. 🤷‍♂️

Skibum1970

I enjoyed all the AHs I went to.

And now that I don't have an AP, I'd rather buy a ticket for the evening and do more things in those evening hours than I could do all day.

Exactly. I have a planned trip in February and am thinking of doing both the DHS and MK after hour events. We just won't buy tickets for those days. I found that I ride more in those three hours than having been there all day.

EPCOT-O.G.

I see there's different prices for regular guests vs. APs. If I were to buy an AP, could I buy tickets for myself (at the AP rate) as well as my minor children (who do not have APs)?

Disstevefan1

Exactly. I have a planned trip in February and am thinking of doing both the DHS and MK after hour events. We just won't buy tickets for those days. I found that I ride more in those three hours than having been there all day.
This is one of my favorite tips. On the days you have Halloween or Christmas party tickets, do not purchase a park ticket for that day.

I don’t know what they do these days, but If they run the party till 12AM and let you in at 4PM, you have 8 hours in the park.

JoeCamel

🙄 Yeah it’s not their fault but when you’ve paid $400 for an event and you don’t get what’s advertised. It stings a little. That money could have gone to better use. More annoyingly it was my birthday too. 🤷‍♂️
Just accept that the universe hates you and wanted to ruin your birthday.....

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
This seems so stupid. The guests most likely to buy this are at Deluxe Resorts and you schedule it the same night they get extended access to MK… why?
If they anticipate enough demand then it smooths out guests over two parks instead of one. Most deluxe guests will still likely opt for the included extra hours but some will opt for the paid event (1) just to do HS and/or (2) if DAH has lower crowds. DAH guests may benefit from fewer guests at DAH without as many deluxe guests joining as if scheduled on other nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom