News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

No Name

Can someone explain again why they couldn’t just put a rooftop patio on the innoventions building they tore down?
Aside from the other replies here, the reason is that they think of heavily symmetrical and surrounded space as antiquated. They want to “open it up” and create a “free-flowing design” except I don’t think they’re doing a particularly good job of either. The festival center as a stand-alone building would sit at the center of world celebration, which is off-center from the center of the park. Despite the sloppily-conjured land division they showed at D23 that makes it seem like they’re interested in following the symmetry and balance that’s built into the bones of the park, it would appear that they aren’t.

CaptainAmerica

Haymarket2008

According to a construction update re: Journey of Water on the "other site", the construction has extended into Dreamer's Point......I haven't seen anything to indicate that work has begun on that area yet. Can anyone confirm? Would really like to see World Celebration construction pick up steam.

James Alucobond

According to a construction update re: Journey of Water on the "other site", the construction has extended into Dreamer's Point......I haven't seen anything to indicate that work has begun on that area yet. Can anyone confirm? Would really like to see World Celebration construction pick up steam.
I just checked the article. Pretty sure that sentence is meant to say that the current construction zone also includes the area that will become Dreamers Point, not that any additional work is currently visible in the area. Anecdotally, I haven't seen anything new happening in that area at all from photos I've seen, and if the original plan is still in place, it'll probably be really obvious when things start happening there since, if I recall correctly, they're supposed to be modifying the exterior of the area Project Tomorrow occupies. That could easily have changed, though.

DCBaker

Premium Member
More new concept art -

World Celebration -

FR_XvkMXwAAyDho.jpeg

Festival area -

FR_WEeMWYAAVWGf.jpeg

CommuniCore Plaza/Hall -

FR_W_8IXwAIiSdI.jpeg

EPCOT Gardens -

FR_XMRDWQAArTZR (1).jpeg
FR_XfDSXoAQ3oDw.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom