Trip Report C’mon Everybody, Here We Go….*COMPLETED*

Think of all the joy you’ll find
When you leave the world behind
And bid your cares goodbye!

Ahh, a relaxing getaway from reality. No cares or concerns. Just bliss.

Not exactly a perfect picture of vacationing at Walt Disney World during Spring Break, is it?

But we’re going anyway. We’re Spring Break Veterans and it’s time for the annual reunion.

Two years ago we missed out on our usual adventure thanks to Covid. The stay-at-home vacation just wasn’t the same! (Although you can read about it here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-“no-trip”-trip-report-completed.964173/)

Last year we were able to return, albeit under Covid protocols. We believed that enduring masks 24/7, plexiglass and vinyl dividers on attractions, mobile order Door Nazis and limited shopping/dining/entertainment would be acceptable in exchange for the very low crowds that we’d experienced on earlier pandemic trips. But the parks were packed and we ended up spending a lot of time at the pool (which wasn’t a bad thing. We’re pool people.)

Now that park capacity has increased and nearly all Covid restrictions are gone, we expect to find the shoulder-to-shoulder spring break crowds of yore. And long lines. So we’re packing our patience and “It is what it is” attitudes.

Because in spite of all the negatives WDW is still our happy place.

We can’t wait.

60EFA200-96A8-450F-994E-B3B9C3BD6048.jpeg

Who: Tuvalu and Em
When: April 3-9, 2022
Where: Our favorite moderate resort

My plan is to go live upon our departure. Fingers crossed that Disney WiFi will be my friend.

Speaking of friends, we hope to meet up with a few. You’ll have to follow along to see if we do.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
LOL I appreciate the shout out but that is NOT what Canada looks like right now. I present to you - April 6th in the actual Canada:
View attachment 631322

If you look closely you can see my backyard ducks/geese - I tell them if they behave for me in this lifetime, maybe they’ll come back as Disney ducks in their next! 😁
This is precisely why I live in the south!!! 🤣

The skillet is an acceptable substitute for the nachos. Well at least at dinner. They basically ruined the lunch skillet by removing the mashed potatoes!
All three of us could not believe how great the mashed potatoes are!! We asked for seconds!

Come on over 😉

Love it! Thanks for sharing the link.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, April 7

GOOD MORNING from Sassagoula Floatworks!

D49BE232-05C7-4508-9D76-C2A4C6BEBF8C.jpeg

We slept in. A luxury for a teacher who begins her days at 5 am.

We mobile order breakfast and Em goes to pick it up.

Coffee cake for herself, a kid’s scrambled egg meal for myself.

I open the bag and say to Em, “Wow your coffee cake smells really good!”

“It does?” she says excitedly.

Then I open the boxes.

5D55B2A6-445B-4AB2-BB7D-42833968C496.jpeg

Scrambled eggs don’t have a strong fragrance. But Mickey Waffles do.

I shake my head and check the receipt. Scrambled eggs. Em offers to go back to the food court, but I decline (even though I didn’t want a sweet breakfast.)

I do feel bad for the kid who’s expecting Mickey waffles and ends up with my scrambled eggs.

Sbk1234

Em and I say goodbye to our friends when we get to Mexico. They are grabbing an early lunch at La Cantina; Em and I have a lunch ADR later.

We go inside the pyramid for our 3rd boat ride of the day.

View attachment 631275

Please Disney….we’re begging you….remove these claustrophobic plexiglass dividers. As Rafiki would say, “It is time.”

View attachment 631276
I wonder if you saw my daughter. She's working this attraction as part of the Disney College Program.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney doesn’t exactly make it easy to go with the flow, though.

There’s this annoying thing called park reservations.

Which means you are committed to visit the park you selected months ago.

And when you are visiting this week, you cannot change parks because every park is sold out.

Otherwise we would not be here when the forecast is calling for rain.

C1DB6DE0-B2B6-46A8-AAD9-37850EFBF66F.jpeg

slipperalwaysfits

Someone needs more Em time. How about a relaxing boat ride?

He tells Em everything he knows about plants. And then some.
I’m still here! Catching up! Awwww, I would love to know what J thinks about plants! @riverside
kiosk.

5D31534B-6A98-4741-BD8B-55D6EAC12165.jpeg

Em makes a purchase
I really love their “grow happiness” merch! Smart purchase, Em!
At one point our server tries to sneak up on her, but the joke is on him as she is deaf in one ear. So he returns with a bullhorn.
YAY! A KEL visit!!😍 I am half-deaf, too; so my husband would like a bullhorn some days!
We slept in. A luxury for a teacher who begins her days at 5 am.
What does she DO at five am!?? Her school must start early, early or maybe she’s getting in a workout while this teacher continues to dream. Impressive that she is an early bird!!

AND AK … worth every second, even in the rain! At least for me.😍 But your point stands— I wish park reservations were more flexible! Ride Dinosaur for me!

93boomer

Premium Member
Disney doesn’t exactly make it easy to go with the flow, though.

There’s this annoying thing called park reservations.

Which means you are committed to visit the park you selected months ago.

And when you are visiting this week, you cannot change parks because every park is sold out.

Otherwise we would not be here when the forecast is calling for rain.

View attachment 631408
Star safe and dry you two! Wait it out while this one passes. We made it inside!
E2DCCAEA-C741-4F84-8206-D1BEB4D307B5.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
What does she DO at five am!?? Her school must start early, early or maybe she’s getting in a workout while this teacher continues to dream. Impressive that she is an early bird!!

Ride Dinosaur for me!
Em’s contractually obligated to be at school at 7 am. She doesn’t like to be rushed in the morning and has a commute.

Dinosaur is down.

Star safe and dry you two! Wait it out while this one passes. We made it inside! View attachment 631418
We are currently inside.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom