News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Question - are broadway shows running with changes In choreography? At some point isn’t this just a budget cut (I’m assuming all the shows have a smaller cast now? Not sure)
I think you’ll see a lot of budget cuts masquerading as “pandemic casualties” for along time…years

that’s obviously going to be a Disney excuse…they are still understaffed while at the same time using it as an excuse to force people to a new reality…and it’s going on two full years now

Disney Analyst

Question - are broadway shows running with changes In choreography? At some point isn’t this just a budget cut (I’m assuming all the shows have a smaller cast now? Not sure)

No, Broadway shows are running normally in terms of choreography.

But most shows are also testing cast daily, or every other day. Not sure how Disney is handling their stage show CM’s?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

But most shows are also testing cast daily, or every other day. Not sure how Disney is handling their stage show CM’s?
This is true... In fact, a good few Broadway shows like Wicked have even cancelled performances due to positive covid tests in cast members.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

This is true... In fact, a good few Broadway shows like Wicked have even cancelled performances due to positive covid tests in cast members.
It’s ok to have problems…the question is: are you giving a good faith effort to fix them?

it appears Disney is not…they have increase prices/cut things/kept things closed while being hush on what the “issues” are…

and selling upsells…which it hard to argue labor with a straight face. It’s all interconnected.

people will understand ops problems…not a upsell initiative in real time.

but the customers have to standup/notice

JMcMahonEsq

A good portion of Broadway is back being shut down due to covid outbreaks.

Over the course of the last couple month, the ones that haven't been totally shut down have had multiple week long plus shut downs for individual covid outbreaks.

Since it has re-opened Festival of the Lion King has gone on uninterrupted.

WondersOfLife

I assume that the Broadway theaters issue refunds…
Yes... I would hope so. Each individual ticket costs just as much (and up to 3Xs more) than a one day Disney theme park ticket costs. They lost the whole experience/purpose of the ticket for one reason to go to that theater. Theme park shows are a bit different since the rest of the theme park is still operating.
disney giving out $10 to people as they exit?
I don't see why they would be required to do that for only one attraction not being open when the rest of the park is still available.

(For the record, I'm all for a refund when my favorite ride or show is down though)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes... I would hope so. Each individual ticket costs just as much (and up to 3Xs more) than a one day Disney theme park ticket costs. They lost the whole experience/purpose of the ticket for one reason to go to that theater. Theme park shows are a bit different since the rest of the theme park is still operating.

I don't see why they would be required to do that for only one attraction not being open when the rest of the park is still available.

(For the record, I'm all for a refund when my favorite ride or show is down though)
The Broadway comparison is dumb…you know that…as are games and concerts

everyone gets equal access to what they paid for for 3 hours.

disney is charging more for less and not even bothering to explain why. The customers are at fault

TrainsOfDisney

Yes... I would hope so. Each individual ticket costs just as much (and up to 3Xs more) than a one day Disney theme park ticket costs.
Alladin starts at $69 and you can stop by TCKTS day of and get into a show for less than that. Plus there are rush tickets and lotteries.

I could easily see a matinee and evening show for the price of a 1 day Disney ticket if I wanted to.

WondersOfLife

Alladin starts at $69 and you can stop by TCKTS day of and get into a show for less than that. Plus there are rush tickets and lotteries.
This is true. And it depends on which show you’re seeing. Sea World vs. Disney vs. Funspot. lol. Last time I was In New York pre-pandemic, the only tickets available for Beetlejuice were $236 per person.

on top of that, cheaper the ticket, the more of a nose bleed seat you get. All well and dandy unless you have bad eye sight. Still. Like Sir said above, all of this is pretty irrelevant to the convo anyways.
I could easily see a matinee and evening show for the price of a 1 day Disney ticket if I wanted to.
Nice. And that’s 4 hours of entertainment. That’s one third of the entertainment spent at a full day offered to you at a disney park (9 am to 9 pm).

mikejs78

Premium Member
I think you’ll see a lot of budget cuts masquerading as “pandemic casualties” for along time…years

that’s obviously going to be a Disney excuse…they are still understaffed while at the same time using it as an excuse to force people to a new reality…and it’s going on two full years now

I mean, the pandemic has been going on two full years now.

jrhwdw

It has…

and yet…some places are moving on…including up the street
Great that Mardi Gras is back! Will the Parade be no Contact too?

Also, let's remember some places still have problems.....DLP's Illuminations is closed for 3 Weeks, hopefully it's only 3 weeks.

HKDL is now closed till Feb 3rd I think???

If COVID is here to stay can we get it to Normal Levels please so the Parks can move forward and we can get off this See-Saw!!!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Great that Mardi Gras is back! Will the Parade be no Contact too?

Also, let's remember some places still have problems.....DLP's Illuminations is closed for 3 Weeks, hopefully it's only 3 weeks.

HKDL is now closed till Feb 3rd I think???

If COVID is here to stay can we get it to Normal Levels please so the Parks can move forward and we can get off this See-Saw!!!!
I’m not saying “screw rules”..:that’s for morons…

im saying stop trying to rob people and say “because covid”

MrPromey

Nice. And that’s 4 hours of entertainment. That’s one third of the entertainment spent at a full day offered to you at a disney park (9 am to 9 pm).

For the average guest, it's actually way more since the majority will spend most of those 12 hours waiting in a line of some sort rather than experiencing entertainment at Disney.

Edited to add: Predicted wait times for today for FOP from touring plans are about 68 minutes taking into account, highs and lows for the day. For that ride, this is actually pretty good. Problem is, the ride time is 5 minutes so what do you go do after your 5 minute ride that you waited 68 minutes for?
Since I didn't play totally fair, we'll look at the opposite extreme in the same park: Kilimanjaro Safaris is looking at about a 30 minute wait which is a better tradeoff with a ride time of 20 minutes but that's one of the longest ride times of anything on property so the typical experience with most attractions will actually be closer to FOP.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Edited to add: Predicted wait times for today for FOP from touring plans are about 68 minutes taking into account, highs and lows for the day. For that ride, this is actually pretty good. Problem is, the ride time is 5 minutes so what do you go do after your 5 minute ride that you waited 68 minutes for?
Since I didn't play totally fair, we'll look at the opposite extreme in the same park: Kilimanjaro Safaris is looking at about a 30 minute wait which is a better tradeoff with a ride time of 20 minutes but that's one of the longest ride times of anything on property so the typical experience with most attractions will actually be closer to FOP.
1). I consider the queue line for an attraction like FOP part of the show, though. 2). Folks can choose to do the normal get-around by rope dropping or going on the attraction at park closing. 3). It's all about time management.

And again, none of this is relevant, still. FOR THE RECORD: I'd prefer to go to a Broadway show at this point than Disney World. I think the money is better spent on a Broadway show. However... When it comes to reliability and getting more out of your buck for one entertainment offering being cancelled (in broadway's case, your entire ticket to the event), then Disney makes more sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom