Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

I used to use touring plans a a guide line but these days I will probably use them exactly as they say in the plans. It seems like the value of genie plus with a group of people when following their plan is going to be minimal. It might be actually beneficial to stay on site though with a group over paying for lightning lane in certain situations bleh.
To maximize, on site stays now (and really, probably always) require rope drop and getting in line for a very popular ride just before closing time. Combined with no mid-day break, it's very effective for those that want to do it.

Jeff4272

For HS which seems to be the park with the rides that fill up the quickest on Genie+, my obvious choice (New years week 12/28) at 7am (maybe I wait until 715 but be ready) is SDD for sometime in the mid to late afternoon. I plan to buy Rise for 6pm at 7am (last ride before dinner). At 7am I will buy MMRR (I might wait till 9 and risk availability because I might have a 6th guest with us that day not staying st a disney resort). I think MMRR even New Years week will be available for 12 or 1 pm when booking at 9am. I see no indication it will sell out that quickly. So between 7 and 9am I'll have SDD, Rise and MMRR booked. At 11am I will plan to choose ONE of RNRC or TOT for later (whichever is available) At 3pm I'll hope for TSM for anytime later in the day.

So on 12/28 the busiest week of the year on my HS day I'll have gone on ROTR, SDD, MMRR, one of RNRC or TOT and Toy Story Mania. Then my 2nd HS day which is a 6 hour park day and we depart for home I'll do MFSR and the other ot TOT and TNRC. The key is 5 of the 7 planned rides the 1st day.

Genie + rides SDD (7am), ToT 11am OR RNRC, and TSM (1pm)
ILL-MMRR 7 or 9am and Rise 7am
In theory sounds great but at 11am, i doubt you will get anything other than TSMM

Waters Back Side

In theory sounds great but at 11am, i doubt you will get anything other than TSMM

I guess we will see. Im inclined to think I'll get one of ToT or RNRC. It might be for 8pm or so but I'm sure itll be there. However if I wait until 1pm to choose one of them I'll be out of luck. I'll be at HS twice anyway so it's not a big deal. I just want to see if I can get those 5 rides in on the same day.

Disney Dad 3000

For HS which seems to be the park with the rides that fill up the quickest on Genie+, my obvious choice (New years week 12/28) at 7am (maybe I wait until 715 but be ready) is SDD for sometime in the mid to late afternoon. I plan to buy Rise for 6pm at 7am (last ride before dinner). At 7am I will buy MMRR (I might wait till 9 and risk availability because I might have a 6th guest with us that day not staying st a disney resort). I think MMRR even New Years week will be available for 12 or 1 pm when booking at 9am. I see no indication it will sell out that quickly. So between 7 and 9am I'll have SDD, Rise and MMRR booked. At 11am I will plan to choose ONE of RNRC or TOT for later (whichever is available) At 3pm I'll hope for TSM for anytime later in the day.

So on 12/28 the busiest week of the year on my HS day I'll have gone on ROTR, SDD, MMRR, one of RNRC or TOT and Toy Story Mania. Then my 2nd HS day which is a 6 hour park day and we depart for home I'll do MFSR and the other ot TOT and TNRC. The key is 5 of the 7 planned rides the 1st day.

Genie + rides SDD (7am), ToT 11am OR RNRC, and TSM (1pm)
ILL-MMRR 7 or 9am and Rise 7am

The most depressing part about this (for me), is that arranging to do this, costs an extra $200 for a family of 5 for this one day over and above the expense of already paying to visit the park. Not trolling you for doing it, just that it's a pretty crappy result.

Waters Back Side

What's the alternative for @Waters Back Side?

The alternative is I choose to either not go or not pay for it. But since by choice we picked the busiest week of the calendar year to go to WDW, I'm paying for it. It is easy for me to say itll be a long time before I go back but my family loves being there. In the end even if it does work as planned at HS, it's still only 3 Genie + rides which is the same amount of FPs when they were free.

Chi84

Premium Member
The alternative is I choose to either not go or not pay for it. But since by choice we picked the busiest week of the calendar year to go to WDW, I'm paying for it. It is easy for me to say itll be a long time before I go back but my family loves being there. In the end even if it does work as planned at HS, it's still only 3 Genie + rides which is the same amount of FPs when they were free.
My family feels the same way. We just got back from WDW a few weeks ago (just DH and me this time) and really missed FP+. We could have done without Genie+ and ILL, but we would have either had to miss rides or stand in long lines. For people like you, going at the busiest time of the year, Disney has pretty much left you with no alternative but to pay for a system that's not as good as FP+. And you really have no guarantee that you're going to be able to get the experiences you want, even if you are willing to pay what Disney is asking. My comment was just intended to point that out. If they hear from enough people about their actual experiences, maybe they'll at least tweak this system to make it better.

GimpYancIent

My family feels the same way. We just got back from WDW a few weeks ago (just DH and me this time) and really missed FP+. We could have done without Genie+ and ILL, but we would have either had to miss rides or stand in long lines. For people like you, going at the busiest time of the year, Disney has pretty much left you with no alternative but to pay for a system that's not as good as FP+. And you really have no guarantee that you're going to be able to get the experiences you want, even if you are willing to pay what Disney is asking. My comment was just intended to point that out. If they hear from enough people about their actual experiences, maybe they'll at least tweak this system to make it better.
Yes and No. The impact that will cause Disney management to eliminate or redo Genie would be guests not buying it / not using it and foregoing LL. Not making money of something is the real magic that stimulates Disney to change.

wutisgood

They can't make it much better because there simply isn't enough ride capacity. Unstill they make massive ride investments in the parks beyond what they are doing now no system will work well. Fastpass had the same limitations with capacity, it's just that most of the people on this board weren't the ones getting screwed since they knew how to work that system.

Jrb1979

They can't make it much better because there simply isn't enough ride capacity. Unstill they make massive ride investments in the parks beyond what they are doing now no system will work well. Fastpass had the same limitations with capacity, it's just that most of the people on this board weren't the ones getting screwed since they knew how to work that system.
Time to put in a bunch of flat rides like DCA originally had. That will add capacity.

wutisgood

My friend makes good money and could afford to pay for deluxe resorts and ligtning lane but he still finds it a poor value for planning that is still required vs working overtime. He would rather pay for Tokyo or Europe than do vip so that is a non factor. I'm not even sure Lowe level rich people like this system.

Matthew

On one of the facebook groups I use I've recently seen two complaints and was wondering if anybody else has seen reports like these:

(1) A Lady says she purchased Genie+ at HS and was only able to book one ride all day due to no availability on any other rides.

(2) That somebody has seen a report that a group waited 2.5 hours in the Lightning lane for Haunted Mansion and that the stand-by queue was even longer than that.

I find both of these to be rather implausible and can't find anything to back up these experiences myself.

nickys

Premium Member
On one of the facebook groups I use I've recently seen two complaints and was wondering if anybody else has seen reports like these:

(1) A Lady says she purchased Genie+ at HS and was only able to book one ride all day due to no availability on any other rides.

(2) That somebody has seen a report that a group waited 2.5 hours in the Lightning lane for Haunted Mansion and that the stand-by queue was even longer than that.

I find both of these to be rather implausible and can't find anything to back up these experiences myself.
I imagine the first example was because she didn’t know she could book another after 2 hours, and waited until they had tapped in for their first.
The second could have been a technical issue.

Chip Chipperson

I imagine the first example was because she didn’t know she could book another after 2 hours, and waited until they had tapped in for their first.
The second could have been a technical issue.

I wouldn't even give the 2nd claim the benefit of the doubt of there being a technical issue. If the ride was down for 2 hours, I can't see the CMs having guests stand in line for that long rather than shutting down the line and converting the LL selections to an Anytime selection like they do any other time a ride goes down.

Purduevian

Is this a strategy that is theoretically possible? I know the odds of it working out perfectly are like impossible, but just thinking about the limits of this system.

1)Pre-Park opening: Book Jungle Cruise at 11:05am. (holding 1 LL JC 11:05am)

2)At 11am LL from Jungle Cruise cool down is over. Book Peter Pan at 1:05 (holding 2 LL. JC11:05 and PP1:05)

3)At 11:05am ride Jungle Cruise (LL) and book another LL at 1:10. Lets call this one Haunted Mansion (holding 2 LL HM1:10 and PP1:05 )

4)At 1pm cool down from Peter Pan is over book Splash Mountain at 3:05pm (holding 3 LL. HM1:10, PP1:05 and Splash3:05)

5)At 1:05 ride PP (LL) step 2 and rebook Big Thunder for 3:10pm. (Holding 3LL HM1:10, Splash 3:05, Big Thunder 3:10)

6)At 1:05 also the cool down for HM is over book Pirates at 3:15.(Holding 4LL HM1:10, Splash 3:05, Big Thunder3:10, and Pirates 3:15)

7)At 1:10 ride HM and book Buzz Lightyear at 3:20. (Holding 4 LL. Splash 3:05, Big Thunder 3:10, Pirates 3:15, and Buzz 3:20)

8) At 3PM the cool down from Splash Mountain is over. Book Little Mermaid for 5:05pm (holding 5 LL. Splash 3:05, Big Thunder 3:10, Pirates 3:15, Buzz 3:20, and 5:05 Mermaid)

8) At 3:05 Ride Splash Mountain and book Pooh at 5:10pm (holding 5 LL Big Thunder 3:10, Pirates 3:15, Buzz 3:20, 5:05 Mermaid, 5:10 Pooh)

8)Also at 3:05 the cool down timer for Big Thunder is over. Book 5:15 Mad Tea Party (holding 6 LL Big Thunder 3:10, Pirates 3:15, Buzz 3:20, 5:05 Mermaid, 5:10 Pooh, 5:15 Mad Tea Party)

9)Also at 3:05 the cool down timer for Pirates is over. Book a 5:20 Small world (holding 7 LL Big Thunder 3:10, Pirates 3:15, Buzz 3:20, 5:05 Mermaid, 5:10 Pooh, 5:15 Mad Tea Party, Small world 5:20)

10) At 3:10 Ride Big thunder mountain. Book a 5:25 Philharmagic (holding 7 LL Pirates 3:15, Buzz 3:20, 5:05 Mermaid, 5:10 Pooh, 5:15 Mad Tea Party, 5:20Small world. 5:25 Philhar)

11) Also at 3:10 the cool down for Buzz is over. Book at 5:30 Speedway ( holding 8 LL Pirates 3:15, Buzz 3:20, 5:05 Mermaid, 5:10 Pooh, 5:15 Mad Tea Party, 5:20Small world. 5:25 Philhar, 5:30 Speedway)

12) After that you should pretty much be able to use the Pirates and Buzz LL to ride Dumbo, Monsters Inc, Aladdin, and Barstormer at some point in the last few hours.

Basically my question is. Will the system really allow you to hold 8 LL at once if you played it perfectly?

G00fyDad

My head hurts thinking about spending time practicing this and then trying to implement it each day all day of my trip.

No Thanks GIF by M&M’S Chocolate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom