News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoDahDaisy

It seemed kinda pointless to keep the masks and dump the distance. Many were keeping their distance…which is the way it always should be…but I was there during the Delta wave and packing people into the stretch rooms was complete bad management. Just didn’t look right.
Disney World has required their employees to get vaccinated, so it surprises me that even with vaccine compliance, they are still required to wear masks. What was the point of the vaccine requirement if not to pave the way for normalcy amongst their employees?

Angel Ariel

Disney World has required their employees to get vaccinated, so it surprises me that even with vaccine compliance, they are still required to wear masks. What was the point of the vaccine requirement if not to pave the way for normalcy amongst their employees?
The point of the mandates is to get enough of society vaccinated so we can get to the endemic stage of this rather than a pandemic stage. We aren’t there yet unfortunately. Wdw doesn’t exist in a bubble - they and their employees are impacted by what’s happening outside their gates as well.

I would also imagine from a business standpoint the mandates were to ensure they have staffing, and they aren’t losing scores of people to being out sick with covid.

Kamikaze

Isn't Universal building an entire new park?

Even if that was the reason then just don't build anything ever if you can attract the last quarter attendance long term.
They currently have 0 in CAPEX going on for Epic Universe. Yes, they are going to build it, but currently they aren't expending any money on it.

I'm not talking out of my butt, you can just look at the numbers they released.

Kamikaze

Not in to mention, in California, Super Nintendo World is well under construction. They also just opened up a major roller coaster in IoA and have multiple projects in development at USO.
The number we're talking about is USO for the previous quarter. There are no projects that were in active development for the previous quarter there.

Crunchie9

Contrary to some people’s beliefs, comedy doesn’t give people the right to say whatever they want without consequence.

Criticizing an employers rules isn’t smart, and doing so in a “joking” manner doesn’t change that.
AFA9FB29-1953-4CB2-9D4C-B711F0118729.jpeg

DisneyCane

They currently have 0 in CAPEX going on for Epic Universe. Yes, they are going to build it, but currently they aren't expending any money on it.

The number we're talking about is USO for the previous quarter. There are no projects that were in active development for the previous quarter there.
I'll have to look at the quarterly report. There is definitely some money being spent on it because I know someone who works for Universal's imagineering equivalent and is working on it as we speak.

Angel Ariel

Then the current mask policy shouldn't matter to you at all. I assumed it did based on participation in this thread.
I was having a momentary exchange with another poster that was speaking on a more personal level about trauma related to the pandemic on the whole. I was responding to the idea shared that people’s personal trauma (and PTSD like reactions) could continue even after vaccines are available to all, and sharing my personal viewpoint on that point and how that impacts my view on mask mandates. I’m sorry you didn’t follow the exchange.

Joel

I hope someone reported him.
Nah, not far enough. He should have been summarily executed for crimes against humanity.

I mean, just imagine how many innocent people, like, literally died because of what was most likely a lighthearted attempt to let guests know that they have to wear masks on an attraction where it is far from obvious or logical why that would be the case.

ToTBellHop

Nah, not far enough. He should have been summarily executed for crimes against humanity.

I mean, just imagine how many innocent people, like, literally died because of what was most likely a lighthearted attempt to let guests know that they have to wear masks on a attraction where it is far from obvious or logical why that would be the case.
He’s lucky he didn’t say it up here in New England. We’ve burned people for less. Just last week, someone said, “I don’t know…New Haven pizza just isn’t that good,” and, well…
1635529878898.jpeg

legwand77

Money is being spent on Epic Universe now, that aside wasn't a new coaster at Universal built over the past year? Was that built with 0 CAPEX? when another park's coaster was delayed and postponed.

Wendy Pleakley

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but many of the pro mask mandate crowd at this point will never be happy with any restrictions/mandates being relaxed, this week this month or year. There is no way to remove risk 100% which is the unsaid/subconscious goal for them. It is a PTSD from what society has gone through. They will say we need to wait until an arbitrary time and then continue to push that out as that time approaches because it is too soon.

Masks were always meant to be a temporary measure to reduce illness while vaccines rolled out.

I would say the pro mask crowd wants people to get vaccinated so masks and restrictions can be lifted.

The pro mask crowd is becoming the anti anti-vaxxer crowd because they’re the reason things are slow to return to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom