MagicBand+ announced

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
More designs.

1633010577941.png

CaptainAmerica

Original Poster
These are cute, and I'd love to see how the tech is used in the parks, but I do think it's kinda wack for there to be two different magic bands, and both of them need to be bought. I wish this would lead to standard bands being included in your hotel stay.
That's what MagicMobile is for. Or you could always get a plastic room key.

sullyinMT

I'm not convinced. If that were the case, I think they would have called this "MagicBand 3" instead of "MagicBand+." I think it makes sense for them to have two products at different price points.
100% There are multiple levels of Apple Watch, Garmin forerunners, etc. I like these designs, but personally dont need the lights and buzzes.

I'd still like smartwatch apps that can take over the functions of MB, and maybe give a fun watch face while active. Then I don't need a big chunky piece on each wrist, or an awkward silicone puck holder on my watch band.

PuertoRekinSam

Ah interactive light up products, I wonder if these will last longer than
“Magical Moment pins” -100 years of Magic
“Made with Magic” ears
(Related but not light up— Pal Mickey)

Gillyanne

These are cute, and I'd love to see how the tech is used in the parks, but I do think it's kinda wack for there to be two different magic bands, and both of them need to be bought. I wish this would lead to standard bands being included in your hotel stay.

Why would both need to be bought? the + will have the same features of the Original, just with more

From the DPB:
The original MagicBand was introduced in 2013 at Walt Disney World, making the guest experience in our theme parks and resorts more convenient and hands-free for things like park and guest room entry, retail and dining, Disney PhotoPass and more. MagicBand+ will retain those popular features and add functionality that unlocks new moments of magic for you.

LieutLaww said:
You can bet the old one will be phased out

That was my question, can I still use my old one?

DPB says the current ones will still be available (at least for now)

From the DPB:
Current MagicBands will continue to be available, too, along with the complimentary Disney MagicMobile service that extends MagicBand features, such as park entry, to smart devices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom