News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

jpinkc

It's possible, though I would say doubtful. They recently have been really setting things up for opening night, since the vloggers will all be there. So, day 1 is usually the best version it will be. (Though that is just a trend, so we'll certainly see!)
And what are the Disney Shills saying.... sorry Vloggers. SOrry some are not shills and do call Disney out on there BS, but some are TOTAL SHILLS!!

montyz81

Corey at least likes it and said it prob better in person and said 7.5/10. I think they should have dumped the screens for much bigger fountains and projection water screens which is what I expected. I think disney was obsessed with the arms being the wow factor on new tech. I will have to see how I feel in person.
Was thinking the same thing. At least the water screens could hide under water.

SoFloMagic

I'm curious how views are from spots not in front or behind center screen. Shows in World Showcase could be seen from any pavilion without feeling like there are significantly better spots (closer to Future World bridge and America pavilion, maybe. I'm worried that if watched from Norway or UK or the like that the experience isn't the same. Hopefully I'm wrong here!
Stargate really not that impressive. I watched from Italy and I'd have rather been closer to the tacos than have the view of the stargate

Editor516

Watched the livestream. Totally underwhelmed. There was no story. There was no magic. There was no inspiration. To me, the end of the show and the final narration sounded sad and depressing. What did I just watch?

I feel like I should see this once in person to check the box… and that’s it. My family and friends and I would watch RoE every single night we were in Epcot. I can’t imagine doing that for this show.

But what’s most incredible and disappointing to me is that… they had YEARS to put this thing together - and this is what they came up with. All that time and infrastructure and hype - and this is what they came up with. World Showcase sightlines ruined, IP smashed into Epcot because money (Walt’s vision be damned) - and THIS is what they came up with. I feel cheated.

Gringrinngghost

From the twitter of the mouse.

screencapture-pbs-twimg-media-FAfze6MX0AQxm0T-2021-09-29-21_58_57.png

brb1006

Got me with SpectroMagic - what a glorious soundtrack. I always loved that the main motif was a waltz, even if I didn't usually stop and watch the parade.

It made evenings at MK feel more elegant, especially combined with Wishes. Would be thrilled if DE can capture that feeling in any way.
Man WDW's 50th Anniversary would had been perfect for a brand new electrical parade. :(

CJR

Stargate really not that impressive. I watched from Italy and I'd have rather been closer to the tacos than have the view of the stargate

That's really good to know, we'll be there tomorrow to see it. How did you like the pyro? Videos don't usually do pyro justice. It seemed to be about the same amount as RoE in the video, but stretched out over a longer time frame.

SoFloMagic

What the heck was the point of those moving arms? If they didn’t move it would make no difference to the show
No, they're really cool in person. And when they shoot pyro out the ends is the first of two "wow" moments (the other being spaceship earth, which is a true showstopper).

All the parts are nice and pretty. But it has no story and no emotion whatsoever. If they wanted to do HEA that's fine, but HEA has a story and has heart.

ULPO46

While I understand that upper management want's EPCOT to be a more family friendly park, since it's inception it has always been a free thinking environment. I think Walt wouldn't be happy to see EPCOT be turned into another Magic Kingdom. EPCOT's original Imagineering Team wanted the park to be freethinking free flowing and to always progress with new ideas, not just Disney IP's in every corner. EPCOT is my favorite park and Illuminations had a very special place in my heart. Sure there was the sad Super Bowl Halftime show with the Millennium Celebration cast. But it had soul, it had a meaning that true I was once young and didn't understand.

When I was assigned to the EPCOT team, I learned the true meaning of Illuminations, I cried, I laughed with amazing ICP's and CRP's from every corner of the world as we all joined hand and hand and sang. I met my now wife thanks to her time at the Mexico Pavilion and proposed to her just as We Go On started playing. Sure like mine there are countless other stories, but another IP filled story in a lagoon surrounded by nations of the world just doesn't make me scream enjoyment.

EPCOT is a land of discovery, of science, and of beauty from world cultures to the plants at Living with the Land. Harmonious doesn't make me feel like I'm sharing love of culture or uniting the planet after the greatest Pandemic in a century. Illuminations for all it's banter, for all it's low grade tech gave us hope and peace for a world where we could all make friends and be friends. In my years with WDI, I have met so many incredible people from all over the world. But Illuminations, that was an experience in which I cried as I said goodbye to so many dear and close friends. Where I started my journey with my now wife, and what is the soundtrack I play every morning whilst going to the office.

Maybe I'm that rarity, but I was truly hoping Harmonious would live up to it's name and unite the World Showcase the same way illuminations did. Maybe that's just me, maybe it's my fellow Cast Members, but this, this didn't feel like we could join hand and hand and go on. I wanted that, we all wanted that especially after the most difficult year for a majority of us Cast members. 50 years of the WDW isn't the same as we would wish with all the restrictions still in place. Harmonious was a chance at showing the world you could forget for a moment, and breathe. Disney lost that chance the moment this project was approved and not Illuminations 2.0

LondonTom

To me it just seemed like it never really properly got going? Had a few moments (quite liked the Dig A Little Deeper section and the finale before the weird ending was ok) but yeah overall seemed like a really disjointed HEA.

The lack of wow factor or building up to anything was odd? Was using the Disney Parks Blog stream and ResortTV1 (they was at Germany I believe) and really does seem liked you need that centre view of the Stargate to be able to take in the whole show? Seems like a massive design flaw when you have so much room to let people spread out.

To end on a positive note, SSE looked great at the end!! Can't wait to see that in person.

SoFloMagic

That's really good to know, we'll be there tomorrow to see it. How did you like the pyro? Videos don't usually do pyro justice. It seemed to be about the same amount as RoE in the video, but stretched out over a longer time frame.
EF-level pyro if you ask me. Maybe not in quantity, but it comes in spurts like EF did.
Set expectations low and you'll likely enjoy it. Don't expect emotions, just a pretty show on a lake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom