Zootopia Spoiler Discussion Thread

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I love these kinds of documentaries; I especially love this since it's about Zootopia. Despite what the directors said about the original story, I still would've liked to see what the movie would've been like had they gone with the original story or kept Nick as the protagonist.

Cesar R M

I love these kinds of documentaries; I especially love this since it's about Zootopia. Despite what the directors said about the original story, I still would've liked to see what the movie would've been like had they gone with the original story or kept Nick as the protagonist.
It would have been way too dark imho.

Amy Brewer

The only thing I disliked about the whole movie, was the name change from the US to the UK. When it was originally announced as Zootopia, I was really excited and looked forward to it, when it was announced to be coming out in the uk as ZOOTROPOLIS, i was like what? I'm so used to Zootopia. Is the city actually called Zootopia or is it is Zootropolis in the US? (When I asked for tickets at the cinema, the woman looked at me weird when I said Zootopia and said do you mean Zootropolis!) apart from that what an awesome fresh new film from Disney, not gender setting like a "girls or boys film" with a strong female lead!

Phroobar

"If your story isn't working, then the most beautiful shots in the world, the most beautiful animation won't save that film." Byron Howard couldn't have put that more perfectly, now if only the fools that killed 2D animation at Disney would listen to him...

"A special effect is a tool, a means of telling a story. A special effect without a story is a pretty boring thing." - George Lucas
Too bad he didn't listen to himself during the prequels.

Phroobar

Besides Zootopia, is it true that Robin Hood was the only movie where the entire cast is made up of animals acting like humans to tell a story?

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Besides Zootopia, is it true that Robin Hood was the only movie where the entire cast is made up of animals acting like humans to tell a story?
Yes, but it's not the only one that has no humans. And that's only if you count WDAS since a bunch of movies made by other studios feature anthropomorphic casts.

Matt_Black

Finally got around to seeing this today. Loved it. Especially marked out a bit with the otter being named Emmett.

nido04b.png

Cesar R M

Finally got around to seeing this today. Loved it. Especially marked out a bit with the otter being named Emmett.

nido04b.png
wait a sec, Emmett Patterson vs Emmett Otterson?
or what was the ref?
I swear a lot of refs were eliminated thanks to the translation in my country :(

Flippin'Flounder

And the movie still hans't been released in Japan!
I'm not only hoping for a billion, but for it to pass Frozen. Also at this point I don't care if it passes TLK in total gross; the movie's good enough to deserve it.
I want it to beat Shrek 2. That movie does not deserve the number 1 animated spot.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The only thing I disliked about the whole movie, was the name change from the US to the UK. When it was originally announced as Zootopia, I was really excited and looked forward to it, when it was announced to be coming out in the uk as ZOOTROPOLIS, i was like what? I'm so used to Zootopia. Is the city actually called Zootopia or is it is Zootropolis in the US? (When I asked for tickets at the cinema, the woman looked at me weird when I said Zootopia and said do you mean Zootropolis!) apart from that what an awesome fresh new film from Disney, not gender setting like a "girls or boys film" with a strong female lead!

They had to change it due to a copy right already on Zootopia over there. The city is called Zootopia over here.

Cesar R M

I've actually bought relatively little Zootopia, merch, but I NEED it! My local Disney store has mostly moved on from Zootopia and when they did have more stuff, it was mostly the kids stuff :/
Funny that you can buy way more variety online.
I guess they are stuck with the mentality of "noone cares unless its frozen,the fav5, star wars or cars".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom