Zootopia Spoiler Discussion Thread

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This thread will contain spoilers for Zootopia, so if you haven't seen the movie and plan to do so, TURN BACK NOW!

Anyway with that out of the way, I'll begin, but my message will be under a spoiler wrapper to prevent anybody from accidentally clicking this thread and immediately getting bombarded by spoilers. Feel free to not spoiler your posts if you so please.
So, Bellwether, huh? Being perfectly honest, I would have been disappointed that the villain was yet another surprise if it weren't for how well set up the twist was. When I figured it out I said "oh my god, no way" out loud and put my hands on my head. The predator/prey dynamic and backstories were really well set up and it really does reflect on on our own society, doesn't it? Finnick's voice caught me off guard, but to be honest I didn't know his voice actor ahead of time so I didn't have an idea of what he'd sound like at all. The climax had me very scared indeed. When Nick ate one of the blueberries, I thought it was one of the pellets and he'd become savage soon, but my prediction was of course wrong. Until Nick and Judy's plan was revealed, I was very upset by the seeming turn of events with him going "savage" and all. I also wasn't expecting Nick to get so offended by the press conference, but in retrospect that had to happen for the plot to work.
In conclusion, I absolutely LOVED Zootopia, and I hope I can see it in theaters as many times as I can. It's now my favorite Disney movie.
Anybody else who has seen Zootopia, what are your thoughts?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
As soon as Duke Weaseltown (same voice actor as the Duke or Weselton) said his customer was a ram. I said "sheep mayor" in my head.

Over all I really enjoyed the film. I think it has a great message especially for the time we are living in. It was funny, charming, thrilling, scary, sentimental and hopeful. All great things! My son (4) was laughing his head off at the sloths and loved all the action scenes he was on the edge of his seat. My daughter (6) really liked Judy following her dreams and working hard. She got what Judy did in the press scene was a big mistake too.

Fox&Hound

I loved it! I thought the lion would be the villain and while I was able to guess the twists and turns I thoroughly enjoyed it!!!!! Better than I expected- a new classic!!!!!!

Does it seem like Disney studios is knocking it out of the park and Pixar is getting base hits with their recent efforts?

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Oh! I forgot to mention something. A couple months ago in the main thread there was somebody, can't remember who it was, who predicted that Bellwether would be the villain. I brushed that off initially, but of course now that prediction came true.

Cesar R M

I wanted to ask, I seen the movie twice. But I only seen once frozen reference (the elephants in the introduction of zootopia's tundra segment, which had dresses of anna and elsa.) and someone in the forum said there were two frozen references.

Also, loved that they added "logo brands" to the tablets and cellphones.

Not to mention the breaking bad references and godfather references.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I wanted to ask, I seen the movie twice. But I only seen once frozen reference (the elephants in the introduction of zootopia's tundra segment, which had dresses of anna and elsa.) and someone in the forum said there were two frozen references.

Also, loved that they added "logo brands" to the tablets and cellphones.

Not to mention the breaking bad references and godfather references.

Duke Weaseltown - the weasel who had the flower bulbs. Was called "Mr. Wesleton" the opposite joke as was used in Frozen where the Duke of Wesleton was called Weaseltown. Both characters were also voiced by the same actor.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Duke Weaseltown - the weasel who had the flower bulbs. Was called "Mr. Wesleton" the opposite joke as was used in Frozen where the Duke of Wesleton was called Weaseltown. Both characters were also voiced by the same actor.
ohh that makes sense why the joke didnt pass very good in spanish.
I dont think they used the same actor in the spanish version, also they changed the names of some characters.

doctornick

There was also a Frozen reference by the police chief. He said something like "this isn't some animated film where everything is fair. Let it go!"

Disneyfanman

Fantastic film! I loved it from beginning to end. The writing was sharp and the characters were memorable. It really is as good as the reviews sound,

brb1006

Fantastic film! I loved it from beginning to end. The writing was sharp and the characters were memorable. It really is as good as the reviews sound,
I heard some people don't feel like watching this movie. They are really missing out right now especially when you're in the theater. Love it or hate it the audience were laughing during the DMV scene and during some bits with Fennec where he talked.

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I heard some people don't feel like watching this movie. They are really missing out right now especially when you're in the theater. Love it or hate it the audience were laughing during the DMV scene and during some bits with Fennec where he talked.
Just saw it the second time, and the scene that made everybody laugh for this showing was when Flash was pulled over.

ForeverAnna

Saw it this morning. Loved it. Very timely message. I'm going to have to make my sister watch the scene that references Breaking Bad once this is out on video. She's a huge Breaking Bad fan but I can never get her to Disney movies because she doesn't like the look of computer animation.

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Saw it this morning. Loved it. Very timely message. I'm going to have to make my sister watch the scene that references Breaking Bad once this is out on video. She's a huge Breaking Bad fan but I can never get her to Disney movies because she doesn't like the look of computer animation.
I mostly agree with the opinion on computer animation, but Zootopia and Bolt are still in my top 10. I was initially bummed that Zootopia wasn't traditionally animated, but I got over that for sure.

Cesar R M

There was also a Frozen reference by the police chief. He said something like "this isn't some animated film where everything is fair. Let it go!"
another joke that didnt survived in the translation :(

I'm definitively getting the original english bluray once its out.

I actually started to cry when Judy talks to Nick after she returns from the Burrows.
I usually don't cry when I watch movies but that scene really gotten to me.
In my case, the part of Kid Nick's flashback is what made me awfully sad.

Just saw it the second time, and the scene that made everybody laugh for this showing was when Flash was pulled over.
This scene was genious! and agree, the entire theater was laughing in that scene.

ShoalFox

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Regarding one of Nick's lines at the end of the movie, "You know you love me," and Judy's response, how likely do you think it is that the two are dating by the end of the movie (at least implicitly)? In Zootopia's universe I would imagine inter-species relationships aren't too uncommon. Do you think they're just close friends or could it be something more?

Cesar R M

Regarding one of Nick's lines at the end of the movie, "You know you love me," and Judy's response, how likely do you think it is that the two are dating by the end of the movie (at least implicitly)? In Zootopia's universe I would imagine inter-species relationships aren't too uncommon. Do you think they're just close friends or could it be something more?
you're not the only one..

koreans...

CdAEgP7VAAAbpDe.jpg

started..
Cc9W-1YVIAEKPIV.jpg

to ..

CdCO67VUAAEcjl6.jpg

ship..

nick_and_judy_by_erudier-d9sweqa.png.jpg

them.. by .. a LOT...

Cc-Rb0iUEAA5uwR.jpg

by ..

tumblr_o2xglezp2y1uq1i8yo1_540.png

a LOT...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom