Zootopia lawsuit?

Cesar R M

The "similarities" this guy is insisting on are completely ludicrous. This should be thrown out of court so fast!
Love how he is being extremely generic in his explanation of similarities.
It seems he pretty much explained a sizeable half of all the cop drama and comedy movies.

Yert3

I never imagined zootopia to have such a strong fanbase in reddit o_O
Why? I've been hardcore into this fandom since the movie came out. I'm almost on r/Zootopia more than I am on here now. The fandom for Zootopia is absolutely huge.

Last edited:

Yert3

Define "huge".
Well the sub reddit has over 7,000 subs compared to the Moana one which only has about 1,000. It's also still the number 8 fandom on all of Tumblr according to fandometrics, 12 spots higher than even Star Wars Rogue One and 3 spots higher than the new pirates movie and that just came out. What's your deal? Do you not want it to be popular?

Last edited:

Figments Friend

A lot of 'Zooptopia's' fandom comes from the furry community ( mascot costume enthusiasts ).
They absolutely worship this movie and it's characters, as it is basically 'them' living out their ultimate fantasy - becoming a anthropomorphic animal.

It's been a huge draw in that fandom sect since before the film was even released.
HUGE.
Nick in particular was like the official mascot for mascot enthusiasts months before anyone even saw the first trailer clips.

'Furries' have a gigantic, worldwide fan community.
No doubt, they helped push this film into the successful spot it now sits in.

-

Yert3

A lot of 'Zooptopia's fandom comes from the furry community ( mascot costume enthusiasts ).
They absolutely worship this movie and it's characters, as it is basically 'them' living out their ultimate fantasy.
It's big huge in that fandom sect since before the film was even released.

-
You're forgetting I'm a DIEHARD Zootopia fan, so I know all about the furries and how they love this movie, I'm aware of that. But what does that matter? Does their opinion matter less than someone who isn't into that roleplaying stuff? As a part of the Zootopia fandom since the movie came out, I've talked with a lot of these people and they aren't bad people. I worship Zootopia too, but I'm not into the whole costume thing. This movie got a lot of praise in the Disney community and even on here when it first came out. That why it's so sad for me to see it get a lot of hate since I'm still obsessed with it. I saw it five times at the theatre :p and I still watch it maybe about once a week.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

A lot of 'Zooptopia's' fandom comes from the furry community ( mascot costume enthusiasts ).
They absolutely worship this movie and it's characters, as it is basically 'them' living out their ultimate fantasy - becoming a anthropomorphic animal.

It's been a huge draw in that fandom sect since before the film was even released.
HUGE.
Nick in particular was like the official mascot for mascot enthusiasts months before anyone even saw the first trailer clips.

-
Funny thing.. I seen in tumblr a better FURSUIT (aka furry suit) of Nick that is beyond what Disney did.

Yert3

This has nothing to do with the movie itself and more with the fans over-exaggerating things.
I loved the movie itself.
I don't think there's an over exaggeration. It's a great movie. My favorite of all time, not just Disney, but in general. If there's an under exaggeration, it's on Disney's part. It won almost every single award and made 1+B dollars yet Moana gets more recognition despite Zootopia making $381,043,600 more.... Have you ever seen Waking Sleeping Beauty? This is the Lion King/Pocahontas situation all over again, but they're paying more attention to the less popular film this time

After watching this clip again, the similarities to the two situations are uncanny

Last edited:

Cesar R M

I don't think there's an over exaggeration. It's a great movie. My favorite of all time, not just Disney, but in general. If there's an under exaggeration, it's on Disney's part. It won almost every single award and made 1+B dollars yet Moana gets more recognition despite Zootopia making $381,043,600 more.... Have you ever seen Waking Sleeping Beauty? This is the Lion King/Pocahontas situation all over again, but they're paying more attention to the less popular film this time

After watching this clip again, the similarities to the two situations are uncanny

I dont think Moana was THAT good, it was a rehash of the princess principle trend that started again with The Princess and the Frog and pushed up with Tangled/Frozen.

brb1006

HUGE.

-
Judy has also gotten a big following on the same level as Nick. Zootopia is basically today's answer to Robin Hood for the furry fandom.

brb1006

Funny thing.. I seen in tumblr a better FURSUIT (aka furry suit) of Nick that is beyond what Disney did.
Maybe they might redesign Nick in the future (Give him half closed eyes) . I remember Woody had a different head shape and design for a few years until the early 2000's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom