News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

From what Iger announced in the earnings report, he wants to have park capacity expanded by doing park expansions with new lands/rides without having existing stuff replaced, like the "beyond Big Thunder" project for example, which leads me to believe that the Zootopia/Moana project at Animal Kingdom won’t make the cut.
I’d be willing to bet that both are coming, with an addition to Pandora. I would think those, in culmination with the “Beyond Big Thunder” plans are set in stone and will be announced before the end of the year.

I could see
- Mary Poppins Epcot (low possibility)
- Play! Being a better attraction (medium possibility)
- DHS getting an animation courtyard overhaul (low probability)

Disney Maddux

From what Iger announced in the earnings report, he wants to have park capacity expanded by doing park expansions with new lands/rides without having existing stuff replaced, like the "beyond Big Thunder" project for example, which leads me to believe that the Zootopia/Moana project at Animal Kingdom won’t make the cut.
Or it gets moved and maybe hopefully Dinoland gets to stay but with a proper overlay (Excavator PLEASE).

aladdin2007

Just do the Lion King dark ride already! Of all the IP to use and they ignore that one. This overuse of Moana is getting to be a bit much and was zootopia ever that big of a hit? These dont really stand the test of time like other IP in the vast catalog that they ignore. They aren't thinking longevity like they should be, but in the moment fast fad and that doesn't pan out well. If anything as many of us have said multiple times in the other thread the moana mess at epcot should have been put in AK to begin with. There are def things going on internally that they keep pushing certain things so much...ill leave it at that.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

Just do the Lion King dark ride already! Of all the IP to use and they ignore that one. This overuse of Moana is getting to be a bit much and was zootopia ever that big of a hit? These dont really stand the test of time like other IP in the vast catalog that they ignore. They aren't thinking longevity like they should be, but in the moment fast fad and that doesn't pan out well. If anything as many of us have said multiple times in the other thread the moana mess at epcot should have been put in AK to begin with. There are def things going on internally that they keep pushing certain things so much...ill leave it at that.
I think Zootopia was a big hit overseas and they can copy the homework the foreign parks do.

CinematicFusion

Neither of those things have anything to do with AK.
those would work with a great imagineering story line.
Adventurers/ archeologists find lost cities in the jungle all the time. It would work for 98% of Disney’s audience.

If you can drop Pandora into AK, you can also discover a lost Manor that once belonged to a famed animal lover who disappeared just before he announced an amazing discovery.

KingMickey13

those would work with a great imagineering story line.
Adventurers/ archeologists find lost cities in the jungle all the time. It would work for 98% of Disney’s audience.

If you can drop Pandora into AK, you can also discover a lost Manor that once belonged to a famed animal lover who disappeared just before he announced an amazing discovery.
It’s not IP so Disney’s not doing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom