Zebra domes

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Yucky. Unexpectedly boozey. Gross.
Most people love them. Me, not so much. Unfortunately, I had bought into the hype and had 4 or 5 of them on my plate to split with hubby. After the first bite, they were ALL his.

Phonedave

Yucky. Unexpectedly boozey. Gross.
Most people love them. Me, not so much. Unfortunately, I had bought into the hype and had 4 or 5 of them on my plate to split with hubby. After the first bite, they were ALL his.

While I will not go so far as to call the gross, I was quite underwhelmed with them as well. Maybe it was because I had them at The Mara and they had been held in a cold case for a while? I found them soggy, wet, grainy, and not very well balanced in the flavor department (as you said, overly boozy)

-dave

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
While I will not go so far as to call the gross, I was quite underwhelmed with them as well. Maybe it was because I had them at The Mara and they had been held in a cold case for a while? I found them soggy, wet, grainy, and not very well balanced in the flavor department (as you said, overly boozy)

-dave
"Soggy, wet, grainy" = gross.

taz0162

Loved them and since Boma was an all you care to eat establishment for dinner I did partake in quite a bit when I got down to the desert selections upon return trips. Here's what they look like for those who have not had them yet.

Zebra-Dome_Full_6305.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
These are just okay, I was expecting more. BUt it does have a alcohol after taste, and a little too much white chocolate for me though.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
These are just okay, I was expecting more. BUt it does have a alcohol after taste, and a little too much white chocolate for me though.
That's because there is A LOT of booze in them and it is NOT cooked out. I just checked several recipes...the booze is simply warmed to melt the gelatin....certainly not long enough to evaporate the alcohol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom