Your Potter-Swatter

Turtle

Original Poster
Here's my Potter Swatter:

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
The Galaxy of Star Wars (Land themed to Tatooine)
- Mos Eisley Cantina [replacing Backlot Express].
- Star Tours [with a new Tatooine facade].
- Droid Factory like what Test Track does except you don't go on a ride [Replacing Sounds Dangerous]
- Large store [Replacing Echo Lake's lake]
- Indoor Jedi Training Academy [Replacing Echo Lake's Lake]
- E-ticket where you fly into space in an X-Wing being chased by Tie Fighters [replacing Indy Stunt Show].

Muppet Studios
- Re-theme Pizza Planet into a sit down character dining experience with the Muppets.
- Add an interactive game throughout the park themed about the Muppets.
- Refurbish Muppet-Vision 3D and incorporate Walter into the show in an added scene in addition to making randomized show sequences like in Star Tours
- Add a Muppet WhatNot Workshop replacing the Christmas store
- Add an entrance gate that says Muppet Studios (Like this sign but in good condition) adjacent to the current bathroom.

Pixar Place
- Toy Story Mania [stays the same]
- Monsters, Inc. Dark Ride Similar to Mr. Toad's
- Up Spinner
- A Bug's Life Playground
- Pizza Planet Restaurant
- [Pixar Campus with stories coming alive Theming Remains Throughout The Land]

Oz
- Simulator e-ticket using this patented product
- Amazing theming
- Walk through attraction
- Fine Dining Restaurant

Hollywood Boulevard
- Great Movie Ride Update (No more skipper, update movies)
- Night time Sorcery in the Sky Fireworks (Compiled Star Wars, Pixar, Muppets, Twilight Zone, Great Movie Ride and Oz music)
- Hat Relocated (well not necessarily relocated but rather a new 65 foot version of it will be made) to the front of the park around the gate and will remain the icon (it's a recognizable and original Disney icon) but it will not obstruct the view of Hollywood Boulevard. Think of Islands of Adventure's icon set up.
- Commissary Lane is just removed for a new pathway that includes a film museum.

Sunset Boulevard
- Refurbished Fantastmic!
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith
- Crimestoppers D-Ticket [An original version of the Dick Tracy ride with no franchise replacing Beauty and the Beast + Part of Fantasmic Sidewalk]

ANIMAL KINGDOM
- Upgrade Dinosaur and remove Chester and Hester for a ride through time seeing Prehistoric animals.

- Fix Expedition Everest Effects

- Add Point Mystery replacing Camp Minnie Mickey and envision a child between Mysterious Island at Tokyo and Mystic Point. This would fulfill the imaginary animals portion of the park. Mystic Manor would have a slightly enhanced animal theme and the facade will be a bit different. Mount Mysterious would be a clone of Tokyo Disneyland's Journey to the Center of The Earth with a bit of Henry Mystic continuity thrown in (his exploration crew was exploring it)

- Jungle Book Omnimover in Asia

- Keep the park open at night time (close animal exhibits)

- Tree of Life Night Time Show

- Africa

- A Bug's Life Show Is Removed But A Lion King 4D/Animatronic Show is Added In Africa

MAGIC KINGDOM
- Remove the Laugh Floor and replace it with an animatronic alien show

- Change Stitch into another generic alien encounter but with new story and smaller animatronic

- Major Buzz Lightyear Refurbishment

- 2 New C-Ticket(s) in Speedway Space. One is Alice and Wonderland dark ride for Fantasyland. The second attraction is like If You Had Wings but with space in the future (think of Space Mountain exit ramp but with comical fun)

- Pandora's Box Attraction in Adventureland themed to ancient ruins

EPCOT
- Nemo is removed from the Seas

- Japan gets Bullet Train Ride

- Imagination gets massive overhaul with same story as the first but with modern technology

Turtle

Original Poster
I'm saying mine as if I'm Mr. Iger. Construction for this enormous Potter Swatter (really a resort-wide upgrade) would begin July 2013.

If This Were Happening and I were CEO I'd Greenlight:
- December 2014 for Epcot Bullet Train, Living Seas, Imagination ReDo, and Lion King Attraction
- Summer 2015 for Tomorrowland Omnimover + Wonderland Dark Ride + Laugh Floor / Stitch Replacements
- Fall 2015 for Jungle Book Omnimover and Prehistoria attraction
- December 2015 for Adventureland E-Ticket
- Spring 2016 for Point Mystery
- Summer 2016 for Complete DHS

Matt7187

Here's my Potter Swatter:

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
The Galaxy of Star Wars (Land themed to Tatooine)
- Mos Eisley Cantina [replacing Backlot Express].
- Star Tours [with a new Tatooine facade].
- Droid Factory like what Test Track does except you don't go on a ride [Replacing Sounds Dangerous]
- Large store [Replacing Echo Lake's lake]
- Indoor Jedi Training Academy [Replacing Echo Lake's Lake]
- E-ticket where you fly into space in an X-Wing being chased by Tie Fighters [replacing Indy Stunt Show].

Muppet Studios
- Re-theme Pizza Planet into a sit down character dining experience with the Muppets.
- Add an interactive game throughout the park themed about the Muppets.
- Refurbish Muppet-Vision 3D and incorporate Walter into the show in an added scene in addition to making randomized show sequences like in Star Tours
- Add a Muppet WhatNot Workshop replacing the Christmas store
- Add an entrance gate that says Muppet Studios (Like this sign but in good condition) adjacent to the current bathroom.

Pixar Place
- Toy Story Mania [stays the same]
- Monsters, Inc. Dark Ride Similar to Mr. Toad's
- Up Spinner
- A Bug's Life Playground
- Pizza Planet Restaurant
- [Pixar Campus with stories coming alive Theming Remains Throughout The Land]

Oz
- Simulator e-ticket using this patented product
- Amazing theming
- Walk through attraction
- Fine Dining Restaurant

Hollywood Boulevard
- Great Movie Ride Update (No more skipper, update movies)
- Night time Sorcery in the Sky Fireworks (Compiled Star Wars, Pixar, Muppets, Twilight Zone, Great Movie Ride and Oz music)
- Hat Relocated (well not necessarily relocated but rather a new 65 foot version of it will be made) to the front of the park around the gate and will remain the icon (it's a recognizable and original Disney icon) but it will not obstruct the view of Hollywood Boulevard. Think of Islands of Adventure's icon set up.
- Commissary Lane is just removed for a new pathway that includes a film museum.

Sunset Boulevard
- Refurbished Fantastmic!
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith
- Crimestoppers D-Ticket [An original version of the Dick Tracy ride with no franchise replacing Beauty and the Beast + Part of Fantasmic Sidewalk]

ANIMAL KINGDOM
- Upgrade Dinosaur and remove Chester and Hester for a ride through time seeing Prehistoric animals.

- Fix Expedition Everest Effects

- Add Point Mystery replacing Camp Minnie Mickey and envision a child between Mysterious Island at Tokyo and Mystic Point. This would fulfill the imaginary animals portion of the park. Mystic Manor would have a slightly enhanced animal theme and the facade will be a bit different. Mount Mysterious would be a clone of Tokyo Disneyland's Journey to the Center of The Earth with a bit of Henry Mystic continuity thrown in (his exploration crew was exploring it)

- Jungle Book Omnimover in Asia

- Keep the park open at night time (close animal exhibits)

- Tree of Life Night Time Show

- Africa

- A Bug's Life Show Is Removed But A Lion King 4D/Animatronic Show is Added In Africa

MAGIC KINGDOM
- Remove the Laugh Floor and replace it with an animatronic alien show

- Change Stitch into another generic alien encounter but with new story and smaller animatronic

- Major Buzz Lightyear Refurbishment

- 2 New C-Ticket(s) in Speedway Space. One is Alice and Wonderland dark ride for Fantasyland. The second attraction is like If You Had Wings but with space in the future (think of Space Mountain exit ramp but with comical fun)

- Pandora's Box Attraction in Adventureland themed to ancient ruins

EPCOT
- Nemo is removed from the Seas

- Japan gets Bullet Train Ride

- Imagination gets massive overhaul with same story as the first but with modern technology
Sounds great!

MonorailRed

Applebees
I'd definitley combat it with a couple things:

Epcot
Future World - New Figment Ride, New film getting rid of Captain EO at the Imagination Pavilion.
World Showcase - Re-imagined Grand Fiesta Tour, My American Adventure "plus" (from WED Think Different Challenge, Challenge 1), and a Mary Poppins ride in England. I know a bunch of families that avoid the world Showcase because there's "nothing to do with their kids", I think this would get some interest there.

Hollywood Studios - Pixar Place with Monster's Inc Rollar coaster, Incredibles Live Stunt Show, a maybe even a funny "How Pixar Movies are Made" show with Larry the Cable Guy, maybe a bit like the "Back to Neverland" movie With Robin Williams that used to be in the Animation building.

Animal Kingdom - This, this might just be the biggest part of the "Potter Swatter"

The Island of Myths- East and in-between Dinoland and Asia, the island is full of wonder, enchantment, and maybe even some familiar faces.

The story goes that this island had inhabitant in ancient times, there temple was one of the major wonders of the world. Then, when exotic animals, some countries may even call "Myths" came to the island for sanctuary. The inhabitants eventually left the island. After this, the world was in a whirlwind about this discovery.oday (Takes place in 1920's), The greatest adventures of the world, Henry Mystic II, Harrison Hightower III, and Indiana Jones are in search for what the island has to offer in all on different parts of the island. And each adventurer has a different future plan for the Island. Choose your adventurer, choose your path, and choose wisely.

The Construction Site - Closest to Dinoland, this is Harrison Hightower's side of the Island. Wanting to build another hotel and a boardwalk, he starts construction, and has invited you to take a look at the constuction with his new constuction climbing system. But, one animal of the Island aren't so happy of this construction. The Loch Ness Monster. you'll be on a wild ride when the Loch Ness Monster starts to break the boardwalk and your climbing system!

The Sanctuary - The east side of the Island. Henry Mystic II, The son of the great adventure Henry Lord Mystic, has decided to create a sanctuary, get to pet and have experiences exotic "Mythicial" animals.

The Temple - The Northwest side of the Island. This is the biggest structure of the whole land, two times the size of the Nemo Musical building. The temple will feature a new, show, featuring a couple of musical "Mystical" animals. This show will be like a fusion between La Nouba and the Tiki room. Not a festival of the Lion King, and not a stunt show, this will be a pretty interesting show for Animal Kingdom.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Myths - This would be set up like the Quest for Ride attraction for Disney, But with an Indiana jones flair. Help Indiana Jones search for the Relic of Myths, what is said to be attracting all the exotic animals here. You would be seeing statues and dangers of the Temple, coming to life as you try to find the relic, which you do with Indiana in the last scene.

Well.. that's my Potter-Swatter...

Matt7187

If I was to make a realistic Potter Swatter, it would really just be updating all of the parks and sprinkling in some new rides here and there like a Planes ride I heard about in DHS and anything for DAK! :D

ctxak98

FOUND IT! here it is
Although Star Tours 2.0 kind of took my idea sort of from many years ago I still think my ride would be better suited for Disney and More Thrilling. This version of a star Tours ride would be a totally different take on traveling the star wars galaxy!
LAAT.jpg

Using the LAAT-Gunships the clone troopers used, This ride would obviously be taking place during the time frame of when the Jedi were on the CLones side. This ride would be Called -Mission 89: Journey to Courescant(working title)

This ride I had thought of back in like 07 but I figured its still relevant today! The ride queue would start out inside this ship below and take you through the ship and watch clones get ready for battle and walk pass all of the different things on the ship(interactive at parts) Then you go into a briefing and during the briefing something goes wrong and your ship is being attacked by the droid army. In a hurry you are loaded into a clone ship and are lead by a clone commander as the pilot on a journey to safety in courescant, BUT along the way there are some problems and some unsuspecting turns and twists that lead you into unknown territory. The journey can vary each time you ride based on the track you get. I will explain this in the next paragraph.

Resolute-HD.jpg

So The ride itself takes place on the LAAT gunship and sits 4 to a row with a 3 row seating with views from either the left or right side of the vehicle to see out. This ride will be completely immersive as the LAAT can now travel through low and High climates. It will be a mix of Soarin, Dinosaur/FJ, Peter Pans Flight,and the Winnie the pooh in Hong Kong! The ride when your flying through space will use a soaring like screen and make you feel like your flying through the galaxy(the doors will close when in space and have a special viewing glass door that closes, opposed to the sliding door with slots on the door. This is because guests would die if they were in space and using the glass doors still lets them see whats going on!) So your vehicle will stop along the way at port domes like FJ and then proceed onto a short show scene on a different track of its choice giving the element of change and surprise each ride time. As your vehicle approaches the destined planet based on the sequencing of that ride time, You really do enter the planet in show sets. These planets will be fully detailed with AA figured jedis and other characters appearing. Your ride can also vary in length depending on the determined track. And the track will be suspended like Peter Pan, But to a more high tech point and much faster at times. It can also stop though to. Some planets planned are Felucia, Hoth, Geonosis, Kashykk, Mygeeto, Courescant, Mustafar, Tatooine, Endor, and Naboo. Each will also feature different temperatures based on the planet you are on.

Well that's my idea. Hope its good enough for an E-ticket. Although would probably never happen due to Star Tours 2.0 WHICH pretty much does what I want it to, But in a 3D screen sort of way!

rct247

A true Poter-Swater would be a section of Star Wars mini-lands. It emcompasses rides, shows, food, merchandise, entertainment, meet & greets, and theming. It is all existing and guarenteed to be popular. Obviously, Studios would be the best place for this. I also agree that a mini-DCA style park-wide transformation would also be ideal.

Other ideas might be a new land at Animal Kingdom focused on South America with a new e-ticket themed to anicent ruins, tie-ins to Emperor's New Groove and Up, a dark ride or water attraction, animal trails, unique entertainment and delicious food options.

Other additions like a new country at Epcot and new rides at Epcot and MK would be welcome, but would failed in comparison on Poter, just as New Fantasyland has somewhat done.

Thrill

Potter Swatter is a heck of a lot easier than people make it out to be.
Three things:
-Star Wars Land (it is the same thing as WWoHP, except Star Wars has proven staying power)
-Maintain everything
-Animal Kingdom expansion

Specification is not necessary. All Disney needs to do is make AK a bigger park to keep people out of Universal property (people are unlikely to extend a trip for Universal; they'll just cut Disney days). Then, take their money with Star Wars. Maintenance keeps classics feeling fresh, and boom: Potter has been swatted.

alissafalco

Potter Swatter is a heck of a lot easier than people make it out to be.
Three things:
-Star Wars Land (it is the same thing as WWoHP, except Star Wars has proven staying power)
-Maintain everything
-Animal Kingdom expansion

Specification is not necessary. All Disney needs to do is make AK a bigger park to keep people out of Universal property (people are unlikely to extend a trip for Universal; they'll just cut Disney days). Then, take their money with Star Wars. Maintenance keeps classics feeling fresh, and boom: Potter has been swatted.

You are exactly right! SW land is the one thing that would trump all others. Also, cutting disney days for UNI is exactly what we are doing on our next trip. We are only in Orlando for 3 days in Nov. and we had to choose to either get a 3 days pass for WDW, or just a 2 days pass and 1 day at IOA. We chose to do 2 days at MK and 1 day at IOA instead of doing all 3 days at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom