YOUR Fantasyland Expansion Review

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They could easily put a pathway from between TLM and the Circus and have it go over the access road to the undeveloped part within the railroad berm.
The other scenario involves utilizing the ROA area to access the unused property....the ROA is a lot of wasted space for something that doesn't even require a Fast Pass minus. it surprises me that this space is not better utilized

AllydoesDisney

I don't want to get in trouble for bumping a thread but I feel that I am allowed to since I want to share my thoughts on the Fantasyland Expansion. I've been wanting to see it since I first heard about it way back in the planning stages and it exceeded my expectations. Fantasyland has always been my favorite. I just found it a little confusing to navigate at first. But we got used to it. I liked the Little Mermaid ride and Be Our Guest was the best restaurant we ate at. Disney really does an incredible job with details. But I was disappointed that the Mine Train is taking so long. And I find two Dumbos unnecessary too.

CrescentLake

With the Mine Train winding down, I feel as if I can give a partially accurate "review." I was there when construction started, when Storybook Circus was completed, and then a third time after Be Our Guest and TLM opened.

Its clear the expansion is beautiful, and detailed. TLM is a decent dark ride, nothing special. The outside is breathtaking, but the inside leaves quite a bit to be desired. Overall, its a solid, but not groundbreaking addition.

Be Our Guest was tremendous. I absolutely loved the restaurant, outside and in. My only complaint is peaks of showbuilding on the top. Loved Gastons, absolutely loved it. Good food, good drink, good atmosphere.

Belle's area is quaint, and nice. I didn't do the M+G, but seems to be a beautiful area.

Princess FairyTale Hall doesn't interest me, and wasn't done when I was there. Seems to be themed well.

Tangled area is nice, but when I was there the showbuildings of IaSW and HM were visible. Tangled tower is a bit of a visual intrusion...and there is so much wasted opportunity with this area. Its themed beautifully.

Storybook Circus is hit and miss. I like it, and think its much better than what it replaced. Dumbo's showbuilding is too visible though. It takes me right out of it. Love the train station though.

Mine Train is beautiful on the outside.

Overall, I think the expansion was beautiful, needed, though it lacked in some substance. Also sightlines and show buildings need to be adjusted, that bothered me.

Mouse_Trap

I think overall the fle is great but, damn they really inclosed the only space to really expand the park in the future. From an infrastructure standpoint it was horribly executed.

I would agree it does seem to have locked up a lot of potential future expansion space there. Unless they were to move Storybrook, or hugely alter the RoA I can't see a way to it....unless it was only accessable from the railroad. I guess it depends on how badly the need the space in the future.

However, it looks like to me there's quite a lot of space in Tomorrowland available between any beyond CoP and DLSRS heading back behind MSUSA. Currently seems to be a small parking lot predominately occupying it so presumably would be decent land for future developments.

Of course they could always think 'outside the berm' so to speak. o_O Like with Space Mountain.

Jabbas

I think everything turned out beautiful. My only complaint is that all this expansion and hardly any rides. The tangled area is gorgeous and it really feels like your in the movie but I feel like Disney really dropped the ball with having all these fancy themed buildings/restaurants and meet and greets but only 3 rides. I really don't like to complain but it would have been cool to see the Dumbo area scrapped and to have something Villain like there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've seen the "number of rides" criticism related to number of project recently, Avatar is ONLY getting 2 rides, Potter phase 2 is ONLY getting 2 rides, FLE ONLY has 3 new rides (putting aside the debate on how may rides were actually added). What has raised our expectations that any park expansion should have more then one ride? Prior to Carsland and FLE how many times have we gotten additions to parks that included more the one ride?

Sped2424

I've seen the "number of rides" criticism related to number of project recently, Avatar is ONLY getting 2 rides, Potter phase 2 is ONLY getting 2 rides, FLE ONLY has 3 new rides (putting aside the debate on how may rides were actually added). What has raised our expectations that any park expansion should have more then one ride? Prior to Carsland and FLE how many times have we gotten additions to parks that included more the one ride?
Good point, I don't think people would be complaining if the caliber of the rides we got where on those levels. But perhaps folks just want as many dark rides as possible to catch up with Disneylands level. If we had their fantasyland line up the wait times we have for all of our dark rides would go down so wonderfully.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'll use my daughter's interest in it to rate it...None.

She didn't want to explore it, she didn't care about it. She had more fun at Casey's (which...loosely...is part of FLE, but only loosely.

We rode Little Mermaid, which she enjoyed. And that was about it.

War Panda

In my opinion, everything seemed great and I am looking forward to the mine train opening. However, Little Mermaid was a disappointment. After riding it, there was something about it that just struck me the wrong way. When discussing it with the family, we realized that the lighting is too bright, especially in the Under the Sea room (an issue that I believe they are clearing up right now at California Adventure).

Being able to see clearly all the support structure and duct work removed the magic from the ride. It is a dark ride after all and based on a movie that, when it was first released, was quite visually dark. Cutting back on the brightness will remove the plastic look from the animatronics (sp?) and provide for a much more intimate experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom