Your camera flash....

NowInc

I am also sad that I know that thanks to the new wi-fi fastpass+ stuff, that seeing people with iPads will only become a more increasing sight..which means LOTS more obstructed views of anything as they hold up their overpriced 10" pieceof plastic with a HORRIBLE camera on it to take 823089462 pictures. *sigh*

ddbowdoin

I am also sad that I know that thanks to the new wi-fi fastpass+ stuff, that seeing people with iPads will only become a more increasing sight..which means LOTS more obstructed views of anything as they hold up their overpriced 10" pieceof plastic with a HORRIBLE camera on it to take 823089462 pictures. *sigh*

we play iPad camera bingo....

every time we see one, we state BINGO... then after 5 we give each other some kind of prize (popcorn or something)

thomas998

sums it up there... people don't give a sh*t anymore about anything

It can really be expected though if you think about it. Disney doesn't do anything to stop it... So when Mr. B see's other people doing it and nothing happens he will eventually think it is fine, especially when he has ridden umpteen rides and continually sees it happening...

Consider what would happen if Disney would simply identify guests doing it and boot them from the park... It wouldn't take long until the word got out and no one would want to risk losing the money they spent on a ticket for a chance at a photo... Suddenly Mr. B wouldn't even be tempted to break the rules.

In the end rules with no consequences are pointless.

ddbowdoin

It can really be expected though if you think about it. Disney doesn't do anything to stop it... So when Mr. B see's other people doing it and nothing happens he will eventually think it is fine, especially when he has ridden umpteen rides and continually sees it happening...

Consider what would happen if Disney would simply identify guests doing it and boot them from the park... It wouldn't take long until the word got out and no one would want to risk losing the money they spent on a ticket for a chance at a photo.

Disney, is a pure representation of what is wrong with American culture and our society, so... SOFT.

Go take a stroll down the GMR, John Wayne... the good ol' days!

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

Consider what would happen if Disney would simply identify guests doing it and boot them from the park... It wouldn't take long until the word got out and no one would want to risk losing the money they spent on a ticket for a chance at a photo... Suddenly Mr. B wouldn't even be tempted to break the rules.

In the end rules with no consequences are pointless.

I have a slingshot that can fix this.

thomas998

Except themselves

Yet when you think about it, those people that only care about themselves are probably acting that way because they started out being jerks. It was likely a slow decline. They see someone else doing it and getting away with it... they think they are not getting the same experience (or crappy pictures) as the person breaking the rules... and then they use that to justify them doing it...and on and on until eventually you are the exception when you don't start taking photos like a mad man in the dark rides.

It might solve the problem if Disney would simply post a little sign showing the wonderful results of flash photography on a dark ride... maybe people wouldn't want to do it if they knew it would be grainy blurry and showing every thing you didn't want to see when you do it... What is more magical seeing a image of Peter and company flying across the face of the moon or seeing a bright ball hanging form the ceiling with shadows set on it.

nepalostparks

Oh..however...the NEW trend (new as in the last few years because previous technology didn't really yield for it)...are people doing "selfies" (pictures and videos) on rides. So not only are they sprawling their arms out on the ride in front of everybody behind them (thus blocking their view), but since the phone is aimed TOWARDS them, the nice bright LCD screen is basically shining at everyone elses face. How thoughtful!

I've started flipping the bird when they raise their cameras/phones to do the selfies. If you're gonna ruin the ride and I'm stuck being in your picture, then I'm gonna make it worth my aggravation.

And yes, I'm ok if that's makes me a bad person.

Disneydreamer23

I was On HM and the person in the doom buggy directly in front of us kept taking pictures I literally closed my eyes half way though until we were done How Do these people not get caught?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom