Your camera flash....

NowInc

I have actually yelled at people about flash use on rides...and of course of them pretend to not speak english. In all honesty..the only gratification I get from this is knowing that a flash picture taken on a ride looks like complete poo.

sporadic

I had some wicked actually flash me intentionally. He flashed on Little Mermaid and I was like "for the love of god with the flash" then he turned and flashed me right in the face. My wife had to talk me down.

That's when you put the SB900 in his face at full power to show him what flash really looks like :) I lucked out our last trip (first of June). Didn't experience any flash on dark rides and hardly any annoying tablet / phone recording (just IASW).

ddbowdoin

That's when you put the SB900 in his face at full power to show him what flash really looks like :) I lucked out our last trip (first of June). Didn't experience any flash on dark rides and hardly any annoying tablet / phone recording (just IASW).

Lol sold an shipped my sb900 last week for almost 400 bucks. Not bad for a three year old flash.

thomas998

Sadly for some rides the screens on tablets, phones and even camcorders is more annoying than an occasional flash. We tried in vain to experience Pirates on one trip without the distractions but were destined to be seated behind someone that was constantly trying to record a video of the ride... and unfortunately no one seem to have anything with a viewfinder that goes to the shooters eye instead it is alike a little flat TV screen illuminating everyone else in the boat behind the shooter.

Zman-ks

Oh for the love of god, turn off your damn flash when you're on a dark ride.
75.gif

Well stated...

wdwstateofmind

I had some wicked actually flash me intentionally. He flashed on Little Mermaid and I was like "for the love of god with the flash" then he turned and flashed me right in the face. My wife had to talk me down.
We've had problems with the flash on Little Mermaid as well...lady was taking pictures of everything from the bubbles to the lcd screens...unfortunately, my wife didn't hold me back...

But I've learned from some past flash experiences that have blown up in my face so, just tell a CM someone ruined the ride with a flash and they'll usually let you get right back on...

ddbowdoin

Sadly for some rides the screens on tablets, phones and even camcorders is more annoying than an occasional flash. We tried in vain to experience Pirates on one trip without the distractions but were destined to be seated behind someone that was constantly trying to record a video of the ride... and unfortunately no one seem to have anything with a viewfinder that goes to the shooters eye instead it is alike a little flat TV screen illuminating everyone else in the boat behind the shooter.
I took a video on my iPhone via IG but I prepped my phone before we went on, understand the focal length and compositional abilities of the iPhone and what I do is press play down by leg then hold the phone against my chest. I'm not holding it and watching at the same time. I then wait to "process" the video once I am off the ride. Fun way to record, get the shot you want, and not ruin it for other people.

ddbowdoin

We've had problems with the flash on Little Mermaid as well...lady was taking pictures of everything from the bubbles to the lcd screens...unfortunately, my wife didn't hold me back...

But I've learned from some past flash experiences that have blown up in my face so, just tell a CM someone ruined the ride with a flash and they'll usually let you get right back on...

The best is the double flash but they drop the camera after the 1st flash so their final image is someone's head since they're morons!

In the past 6 days I got to experience PoTC and VofLM once ONCE without a flash constantly going off

NowInc

I was there for 2.5 days this past week and I can think of only ONE ride where there wasn't someone thinking a flash photography request doesn't apply to them. I know its by far not a NEW problem. I think that they should just post pictures in the que of what those pictures end up looking like.

Oh..however...the NEW trend (new as in the last few years because previous technology didn't really yield for it)...are people doing "selfies" (pictures and videos) on rides. So not only are they sprawling their arms out on the ride in front of everybody behind them (thus blocking their view), but since the phone is aimed TOWARDS them, the nice bright LCD screen is basically shining at everyone elses face. How thoughtful!

mickeysbrother

Actually used my flash in Dinosaur. Now now don't get all hasty on me lol... The ride broke down and we were at a part where it was pitch black. quiet eerie feeling. Sounded like someone was watching us so took the camera out and yup there was another car on the other side of the track actually facing us. We had a flash battle back and forth. I guess we were all happy to use our flashes in a dark ride since we wont be doing it again any time soon. :)

thomas998

I was there for 2.5 days this past week and I can think of only ONE ride where there wasn't someone thinking a flash photography request doesn't apply to them.

I am just curious, what rides still have the "no flash photography" requests? I was thinking that the last time I road PoTC that I didn't hear it, thinking maybe they had just given up even trying to get people to stop... I think I recall hearing it when you get in the doom buggies in the Mansion but are there any others where they still even bother to ask.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I am just curious, what rides still have the "no flash photography" requests? I was thinking that the last time I road PoTC that I didn't hear it, thinking maybe they had just given up even trying to get people to stop... I think I recall hearing it when you get in the doom buggies in the Mansion but are there any others where they still even bother to ask.

ALL OF THEM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom