You want me to run 10 miles?! That's CRAZY!!! - A Tower of Terror 10 Miler PTR

Sooooooo as I'm working on my TR from May, I realize we only have about 3 weeks to go until our next trip! 19 days actually. Where did the time go?! Granted we only had 4 1/2 months between trips but, this summer flew by!!

Who: Me, Ashley and Mama Dukes (of course!)

When: Monday Sept 24 - Monday Oct 1, 2012

Where: All Star Sports w/ FREE DINING!!

This trip is a little different for a couple reasons. If you've read my TR from May, you know we spent 9 nights there (7 off property and 2 at Wilderness Lodge Villas) This trip we will be spending 7 nights. Less nights, but ALL our time will be spent at Disney parks. 6 full days plus 2 half days. In May, we only did 5 days plus 2 half days at the parks. (We did Busch Gardens for one day in May and also took a day to do Downtown Disney and explore the resorts.) So this will be our longest trip in terms of the most time we’ve spent at the parks.

Also, we are running the Tower of Terror 10 miler... and the name fits because I am absolutely TERRIFIED of this. I'm running it with my sister and training hasn't been going as well as we thought it would and we're still struggling. But we're going to attempt it!! I'm really looking forward to this event though because I'll get to see some of my favorite people from wdwmagic!! (Jess, Shelley, Courtney, Mamamouse)

Mom and I are flying out of PWM bright and early... 5:45am our AirTran flight leaves!!! YIKES!!! I haven’t seen 5:45am in a long time….. yawn! (Actually, that’s a lie. I saw 5:45am this past weekend but that’s cause I hadn’t gone to bed yet. Haha oops!) We have a short layover in BWI and then into MCO at 10:20am. Our initial flight we booked had us into MCO at 1:20pm but the schedule changed and we were able to get on an earlier flight out of BWI. SCORE!!! 3 more hours at Disney is fine with me!! :) Ashley is flying in Wednesday the 26th. Her flight lands at 7:20pm. (She wasn't able to take as much time off as Mama and I were)

I'm sure our schedule is pretty set as far as dining but you never know! This is what we have for plans:

Monday 9/24 - MK / DHS - Once we take the Magical Express to All Star Sports we’re gonna drop our bags quickly and head off to MK for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern @ 1:20pm. Originally we were going to head over to Epcot and then wind up having dinner at 50s Prime Time Café BUT yesterday I received an email to participate in the Fast Pass Plus trial! The day we arrive is the last day of the trial so we decided to do it. We picked out our 4 attractions today:

Priority seating for the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade (return to Cinderella Castle between 2:40pm and 3pm)
Winnie The Pooh: 3:20pm-4:20pm return
BTMRR: 4:20-5:20pm return
Splash Mtn: 5:20pm-6:20pm return

We’re pretty excited to try this out. Not sure how I’m going to like planning out when I’m going to ride at what time but it’ll be interesting to give it a try. After we finish Splash we will head over to DHS for Fantasmic and EMH.

Tuesday 9/25 - AK / Epcot - Dinner at Coral Reef at 4:55pm (this is a first for us! Lunch will be at Flame Tree BBQ. Mama and I are going to split a meal I think.)

Wednesday 9/26 - DHS / MK / possibly Epcot- Dinner at Narcoossee's at 5:30pm (this is also a first! Lunch will be at Starring Rolls) (Also, Ashley flies in and will either meet us at the hotel or at Epcot for evening EMH. YAY!!!)

Thursday 9/27 - MK / Epcot - Morning EMH at MK – We will hit up MK for EMH then take the boat over to Ohana for breakfast at 10:15am. (This is another first for us! Well, for breakfast anyways.) We have dinner ressies at Via Napoli at 6pm so we’re probably going to head over to Epcot around 2pm.

Friday 9/28 - DHS - Morning EMH at DHS – We’re going to spend the morning here then head over to lunch at Le Cellier at 2:05pm then back to DHS. Dinner will be at Fairfax Fare for a yummy chili dog! (At some point this day I will have to run over to the Expo and get our race packets!)

Saturday 9/29 - RACE DAY!!! - AK / DHS for Tower of Terror 10 Miler!!! - Morning EMH at AK - Lunch at Rainforest Cafe at 1:45pm. We only plan to stay at AK until lunch then head back to the hotel to relax and get ready for the race. Hopefully we will be able to meet up with everyone else running with Team Studios Central at the 6pm meet!!

Sunday 9/30 - MK (MNSSHP!!) We plan to sleep in as much as we can this day! Plan to grab lunch at the food court before being at MK around noon. Dinner at Ohana at 5:20pm. We plan on dressing up for the Halloween party and we’re going as Crayola crayons. They are old costumes from a couple years ago but they still fit and they’re cute. Character pics are going to be our main focus tonight as we LOVE the characters and even better, they’re decked out for Halloween! Oh, and I will also be on the lookout for ShookieJones!! J

Monday 10/1 - Epcot - Of course we will be at Epcot for the 30th birthday celebration!! Epcot and I are just 3 months apart in age J Breakfast at the food court and we then plan to use our snack credits to eat around the world at the F&W Festival for lunch.

Our flight leaves at 6:05pm and we get back into PWM after a short layover at 10:37pm... But let's not think about that day yet, shall we?

While it seems like we have a lot packed into a short week, the first couple days when it's just me and Mama there, we're going to go at a slower pace and I'll probably use most of the park time to take photos. Once Ashley gets there, it's full speed ahead since she only has 4 1/2 park days. We're super excited, even though we just got back 3 months ago. Because who can’t get enough Disney, right? ;)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Hey D - I was wondering when this was coming (if it all considering your major TR from May)!
Yes we have to make the MNSSHP meet and greet happen...plus I want to see how you did and if you're still able to walk after the TOT Race...good God I couldn't imagine doing that.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Hey D - I was wondering when this was coming (if it all considering your major TR from May)!
Yes we have to make the MNSSHP meet and greet happen...plus I want to see how you did and if you're still able to walk after the TOT Race...good God I couldn't imagine doing that.

haha I may not be able to walk.. just look for the pink crayon in the wheelchair. The broken pink crayon at that since I'm sure the race will kill me.... 10 more runs before it happens!! YIKES!!! I'm so sad we're going to MNSSHP on a SOLD OUT date! Man, I just do NOT have good luck with these parties. First MVMCP sold out on us last year, now this... blahh...

Ariel484

Can't wait to read all about it! You ladies are going to have an awesome time (yes, including during the race!). ;)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster

thank you! :)

It's always 5:00..........somewhere.........

that is very true, it's actually 6:37 now lol

Sounds like a great trip!

Thanks! I'm excited to try out some new dining this time around that we wouldn't normally try, YAY free dining!!! lol

Can't wait to read all about it! You ladies are going to have an awesome time (yes, including during the race!). ;)

haha thanks Shannon! You're TR's about running inspire me so thanks for writing them!! My goal is to just cross the finish line, I don't care if i am dead last and the sweepers are right behind me!

HouCuseChickie

Best wishes on everything with the run!!! :) I have a couple of friends who are complete running addicts and it always floors me when I read about their "15 mile casual run each morning"- like it's nothing...like it doesn't start to matter until they start pushing past 20 for race prep. I'm sure you'll do GREAT!!! Plus, unlike normal training, you get to run by lots of neat Disney things.

Beyond that- sounds like an awesome trip! Lots of dining firsts and lots of park time! Can't wait to read the TR when you get back. I'll also be curious to see how the fastpass experience goes...especially for the parade. Have an AWESOME trip!!! :D

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
THAT'S ME THAT'S ME THAT'S ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooooo excited too!! Nervous for the run because none of my runs have been over 3 miles.... ugh! I'm determined to do it though. With the amount of adrenalin I'll have I'll finish it! lol

Best wishes on everything with the run!!! :) I have a couple of friends who are complete running addicts and it always floors me when I read about their "15 mile casual run each morning"- like it's nothing...like it doesn't start to matter until they start pushing past 20 for race prep. I'm sure you'll do GREAT!!! Plus, unlike normal training, you get to run by lots of neat Disney things.

Beyond that- sounds like an awesome trip! Lots of dining firsts and lots of park time! Can't wait to read the TR when you get back. I'll also be curious to see how the fastpass experience goes...especially for the parade. Have an AWESOME trip!!! :D

Thanks so much! :) Yeah, my aunt runs like 20 miles every other day. I'm like "you're nuts!!" but then I remember when she started out, she could barely run a mile!! And I told my sister, there's going to be stuff to look at and you're in DISNEY!! Way better than running on the treadmill or around our boring neighborhood.

I picked the parade thing for the FP+ specifically to see if it's worth it. We love the parades, we just dont like sitting for 2 hours to see them. We almost always hit the 2nd parade at night when we go cause it's less time to wait. I'll definitely be sure to give a thorough report on the experience in my TR! :D

wiigirl

Sounds like a great trip! Have fun! :)
75.gif

ejsanta13

Good luck w/ the race. My goal is to hit a Disney race in the near future. Training this summer has been interupted a couple of times by an achilles strain. Sounds like a super fun trip. Try the Proscuitto & Melone pizza and the zeppole @ Via Napoli. Can easily split that and maybe an app between the 3 of you.

mamamouse

Holy we're going to be in the same place quite a bit :D I'm doing Ak tuesday morning,Mk thursday and DHS saturday!!!!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Sounds like a great trip! Have fun! :)
75.gif

Thank you!! :)

Good luck w/ the race. My goal is to hit a Disney race in the near future. Training this summer has been interupted a couple of times by an achilles strain. Sounds like a super fun trip. Try the Proscuitto & Melone pizza and the zeppole @ Via Napoli. Can easily split that and maybe an app between the 3 of you.

Yeah, training this summer is pretty much non-existant for me at this point lol I'm guessing much of it will be fast walking. I am planning on a good running session at the gym tonight though.

Holy we're going to be in the same place quite a bit :D I'm doing Ak tuesday morning,Mk thursday and DHS saturday!!!!!

YAY!! :) Hopefully we will cross paths!! It would be so awesome to see you in person!! :)

DawnBerg

I am having nightmares about trying to WALK the parks for 15 days never mind adding a 10 mile RUN!!! lol. My heel spurs are crying just thinking about it lmao. SOOOOOOO on another note lol we are in DHS on the 28th too!! Will have to watch for you thru the viewfinder on my camera!!! :p Have a blast!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom