You want me to run 10 miles?! That's CRAZY!!! - A Tower of Terror 10 Miler PTR

Sooooooo as I'm working on my TR from May, I realize we only have about 3 weeks to go until our next trip! 19 days actually. Where did the time go?! Granted we only had 4 1/2 months between trips but, this summer flew by!!

Who: Me, Ashley and Mama Dukes (of course!)

When: Monday Sept 24 - Monday Oct 1, 2012

Where: All Star Sports w/ FREE DINING!!

This trip is a little different for a couple reasons. If you've read my TR from May, you know we spent 9 nights there (7 off property and 2 at Wilderness Lodge Villas) This trip we will be spending 7 nights. Less nights, but ALL our time will be spent at Disney parks. 6 full days plus 2 half days. In May, we only did 5 days plus 2 half days at the parks. (We did Busch Gardens for one day in May and also took a day to do Downtown Disney and explore the resorts.) So this will be our longest trip in terms of the most time we’ve spent at the parks.

Also, we are running the Tower of Terror 10 miler... and the name fits because I am absolutely TERRIFIED of this. I'm running it with my sister and training hasn't been going as well as we thought it would and we're still struggling. But we're going to attempt it!! I'm really looking forward to this event though because I'll get to see some of my favorite people from wdwmagic!! (Jess, Shelley, Courtney, Mamamouse)

Mom and I are flying out of PWM bright and early... 5:45am our AirTran flight leaves!!! YIKES!!! I haven’t seen 5:45am in a long time….. yawn! (Actually, that’s a lie. I saw 5:45am this past weekend but that’s cause I hadn’t gone to bed yet. Haha oops!) We have a short layover in BWI and then into MCO at 10:20am. Our initial flight we booked had us into MCO at 1:20pm but the schedule changed and we were able to get on an earlier flight out of BWI. SCORE!!! 3 more hours at Disney is fine with me!! :) Ashley is flying in Wednesday the 26th. Her flight lands at 7:20pm. (She wasn't able to take as much time off as Mama and I were)

I'm sure our schedule is pretty set as far as dining but you never know! This is what we have for plans:

Monday 9/24 - MK / DHS - Once we take the Magical Express to All Star Sports we’re gonna drop our bags quickly and head off to MK for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern @ 1:20pm. Originally we were going to head over to Epcot and then wind up having dinner at 50s Prime Time Café BUT yesterday I received an email to participate in the Fast Pass Plus trial! The day we arrive is the last day of the trial so we decided to do it. We picked out our 4 attractions today:

Priority seating for the Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade (return to Cinderella Castle between 2:40pm and 3pm)
Winnie The Pooh: 3:20pm-4:20pm return
BTMRR: 4:20-5:20pm return
Splash Mtn: 5:20pm-6:20pm return

We’re pretty excited to try this out. Not sure how I’m going to like planning out when I’m going to ride at what time but it’ll be interesting to give it a try. After we finish Splash we will head over to DHS for Fantasmic and EMH.

Tuesday 9/25 - AK / Epcot - Dinner at Coral Reef at 4:55pm (this is a first for us! Lunch will be at Flame Tree BBQ. Mama and I are going to split a meal I think.)

Wednesday 9/26 - DHS / MK / possibly Epcot- Dinner at Narcoossee's at 5:30pm (this is also a first! Lunch will be at Starring Rolls) (Also, Ashley flies in and will either meet us at the hotel or at Epcot for evening EMH. YAY!!!)

Thursday 9/27 - MK / Epcot - Morning EMH at MK – We will hit up MK for EMH then take the boat over to Ohana for breakfast at 10:15am. (This is another first for us! Well, for breakfast anyways.) We have dinner ressies at Via Napoli at 6pm so we’re probably going to head over to Epcot around 2pm.

Friday 9/28 - DHS - Morning EMH at DHS – We’re going to spend the morning here then head over to lunch at Le Cellier at 2:05pm then back to DHS. Dinner will be at Fairfax Fare for a yummy chili dog! (At some point this day I will have to run over to the Expo and get our race packets!)

Saturday 9/29 - RACE DAY!!! - AK / DHS for Tower of Terror 10 Miler!!! - Morning EMH at AK - Lunch at Rainforest Cafe at 1:45pm. We only plan to stay at AK until lunch then head back to the hotel to relax and get ready for the race. Hopefully we will be able to meet up with everyone else running with Team Studios Central at the 6pm meet!!

Sunday 9/30 - MK (MNSSHP!!) We plan to sleep in as much as we can this day! Plan to grab lunch at the food court before being at MK around noon. Dinner at Ohana at 5:20pm. We plan on dressing up for the Halloween party and we’re going as Crayola crayons. They are old costumes from a couple years ago but they still fit and they’re cute. Character pics are going to be our main focus tonight as we LOVE the characters and even better, they’re decked out for Halloween! Oh, and I will also be on the lookout for ShookieJones!! J

Monday 10/1 - Epcot - Of course we will be at Epcot for the 30th birthday celebration!! Epcot and I are just 3 months apart in age J Breakfast at the food court and we then plan to use our snack credits to eat around the world at the F&W Festival for lunch.

Our flight leaves at 6:05pm and we get back into PWM after a short layover at 10:37pm... But let's not think about that day yet, shall we?

While it seems like we have a lot packed into a short week, the first couple days when it's just me and Mama there, we're going to go at a slower pace and I'll probably use most of the park time to take photos. Once Ashley gets there, it's full speed ahead since she only has 4 1/2 park days. We're super excited, even though we just got back 3 months ago. Because who can’t get enough Disney, right? ;)

PartOfYourWorld

Woot woot! Almost time! Probably not going to do a pre-trip report for this and just write the trip report. but you got a lot packed into one week! I won't be there long either so I know how Ashley feels..only 66 hours worth of vaca time for this year since I started in March. Looking forward to the week long trip in November definitely.

Can't wait to see you at EPCOT! Looks like the expo opens at 1130 am on Friday so we'll be headed there first. then EPCOT for some tasty food and wine since that will be the only day we have there! Wednesday we get there around 10 and head to the MK before dinner. Thursday I have no idea what we're doing. I think DHS then MK? Then we'll be headed back to the resort early to see YEEHAW BOB! with @mamamouse at Riverside! And saturday is NO park day besides the party at night. got to get up early with my mum because she is doing the 5K then relaxation by the pool until the meet at 6. Which you MUST go! :) Because then we'll just walk over to the Studios from the Dolphin.

Anyways no worries about the running! You'll make it just go at the pace comfortable for you! Did you get your waiver yet and number??? Theres a link on our Team page from a week ago.

minnielaw

Wow! So impressed that you are doing the race! :eek: We are arriving in WDW on September 29 and I thought about the race...for about a second..and then I remembered that I don't run...not unless someone is trying to kill me and even then they would have to look really scary. :p

I can't decide about Epcot on the 1st...I would love to be there on the anniversary, but on the other hand, I don't want to deal with unusually large crowds. Since we are staying at BWV's we may just run over later in the evening. My plan is to hit MK on the 1st and we have ADR at Kona that night. Yummy...doing Ohana later in the week, our first time!

Can't wait to read the finished TR. I need to work on my PTR and add some photos.

Have fun and good luck with the run...if I see any pink Crayons in wheelchairs I will be sure to stop and say "Hi"!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Sounds like a pretty awesome plan to me! :cool: Hope Coral Reef works out for y'all - we'll be there for lunch on Monday. And good luck with the race! Would love to try that sometime!

Thank you! I am excited to try out Coral Reef!!

Can't wait to read about this trip! You've definitely got a lot packed in even before you run the race. Best of luck...I know you guys will do great!

I know it looks like a lot, but we're going to go at a MUCH slower pace than we would normally. Don't want to be tired for the race!!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Woot woot! Almost time! Probably not going to do a pre-trip report for this and just write the trip report. but you got a lot packed into one week! I won't be there long either so I know how Ashley feels..only 66 hours worth of vaca time for this year since I started in March. Looking forward to the week long trip in November definitely.

Can't wait to see you at EPCOT! Looks like the expo opens at 1130 am on Friday so we'll be headed there first. then EPCOT for some tasty food and wine since that will be the only day we have there! Wednesday we get there around 10 and head to the MK before dinner. Thursday I have no idea what we're doing. I think DHS then MK? Then we'll be headed back to the resort early to see YEEHAW BOB! with @mamamouse at Riverside! And saturday is NO park day besides the party at night. got to get up early with my mum because she is doing the 5K then relaxation by the pool until the meet at 6. Which you MUST go! :) Because then we'll just walk over to the Studios from the Dolphin.

Anyways no worries about the running! You'll make it just go at the pace comfortable for you! Did you get your waiver yet and number??? Theres a link on our Team page from a week ago.

Caaan't wait to see you either!!! :)

Wednesday we will be at MK for the afternoon and evening so hopefully we will see you there, too! We picked AK for Saturday because they don't have a ton of stuff we want to do and the stuff we do like is mostly shows, so we will be sitting a lot, resting our legs!! lol I think we will be at the meet! We're only going to be at AK til after lunch, like 3pm or so.. That''ll give us time to get back to the hotel, relax, eat some dinner and then get over to the meet :)

I added my number to the thread. I'm in the last corral which is fine with me!! lol

Wow! So impressed that you are doing the race! :eek: We are arriving in WDW on September 29 and I thought about the race...for about a second..and then I remembered that I don't run...not unless someone is trying to kill me and even then they would have to look really scary. :p

I can't decide about Epcot on the 1st...I would love to be there on the anniversary, but on the other hand, I don't want to deal with unusually large crowds. Since we are staying at BWV's we may just run over later in the evening. My plan is to hit MK on the 1st and we have ADR at Kona that night. Yummy...doing Ohana later in the week, our first time!

Can't wait to read the finished TR. I need to work on my PTR and add some photos.

Have fun and good luck with the run...if I see any pink Crayons in wheelchairs I will be sure to stop and say "Hi"!

Yeah, we were kind of skeptical about Epcot on the 1st, but it may the only time we can celebrate a birthday at the parks. Plus it's the only day of Food and Wine we can get to and we want to try some of the yummy offerings!! :)

I'm super bummed we have to skip Kona this trip but we have 2 meals at Ohana (breakfast and dinner) so that;s ok I guess haha

Kristia

Sooooo can't wait for all the TOT Race Reports! So jealous that I can't go to this one.:( Maybe one day! Good luck with your race! The key is to soak up the atmosphere and have a great time. Once you do one race you might be hooked. I know I am. It gives me the motivation that I need to go running 3-4 times a week. Take lots of pictures!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Sooooo can't wait for all the TOT Race Reports! So jealous that I can't go to this one.:( Maybe one day! Good luck with your race! The key is to soak up the atmosphere and have a great time. Once you do one race you might be hooked. I know I am. It gives me the motivation that I need to go running 3-4 times a week. Take lots of pictures!

Wish you could be there!! I'm sure with all the awesome Disney-ness that is around us it won't be so bad. And there will be TONS of pics!! If I do well on this race, I'm going to aim for (hopefully) the Wine and Dine next year which will be when we take our cousin on her first trip!!

PartOfYourWorld

Caaan't wait to see you either!!! :)

Wednesday we will be at MK for the afternoon and evening so hopefully we will see you there, too! We picked AK for Saturday because they don't have a ton of stuff we want to do and the stuff we do like is mostly shows, so we will be sitting a lot, resting our legs!! lol I think we will be at the meet! We're only going to be at AK til after lunch, like 3pm or so.. That''ll give us time to get back to the hotel, relax, eat some dinner and then get over to the meet :)

I added my number to the thread. I'm in the last corral which is fine with me!! lol

Awesome!!!! Will definitely have to look out for you!!! I can't believe its 16 days away! (and 14 for you!!!) I just want it to come like now....11 more work days.....let me tell you that week where I have to work Monday and Tuesday is going to be the longest two days at work EVER. lol.

And what's your number???

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Awesome!!!! Will definitely have to look out for you!!! I can't believe its 16 days away! (and 14 for you!!!) I just want it to come like now....11 more work days.....let me tell you that week where I have to work Monday and Tuesday is going to be the longest two days at work EVER. lol.

And what's your number???

I have so much to do at work in the next 2 weeks that I'm hoping by keeping busy it'll go by fast! :)

I'm number 7873. Ashley is 7872.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom