You can take the Girl out of Disney, BUT.........

jenseib

Original Poster
I took this picture because this is a brand new bathroom and already the hook had fallen off and it looks like they tried to put it back up with some sort of adhesive, but that obviously didn’t work either.

brokenbathroomwall.jpg

We passed by Goofy’s Barnstomer and headed towards Tomorrowland.

goofini.jpg

spacemountainandtrees.jpg

I never had used this backside path before.

racecars.jpg

racecars2.jpg

We came out not too far from a smoking section, so guess where Skip headed?

We also ran into a few characters.

stitch.jpg

pluto1.jpg

pluto2.jpg

They were going back behind a stage, so we just sat for a few minutes at the smoking area.

spacestage.jpg

And then we realized why they were heading that way…there was a show starting.

spacestage2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
We sat a few minutes and relaxed.

crwodedtomorrowland.jpg

Skip and Claire decided to go and ride the Tomorrowland Speedway. I didn’t feel like waiting in the line, so I went and got myself a drink.

coolship.jpg

They called me and told me the wait was 40 minutes. I decided to give the Carrousel of Progress a try. They wouldn’t let me on with a drink, so I roamed a bit while I finished it.

buzzmeet.jpg

tlplanets.jpg

Some more roaming while I drink up this very large drink.

stitch2.jpg

rex.jpg

BURP!!!!!!!

Ok it’s all gone now. I headed back to COP and rode it for my very first time ever. They said no pictures, so I actually followed the rules and didn’t take any. It was just OK to me. I am glad I saw it, but won’t make an effort to see it again….BUT I do think Claire would like it (Skip wouldn’t), so we may try to fit it in again in Nov. so she can see it for her first time.

While in there I did silence my phone, but evidently that doesn’t silence the direct connect beep, and it kept beeping over and over. While we were going between scenes I quickly picked it up and said quietly that I am in a ride and I’ll be out soon.

I guess their car ride went much faster than the posted time, so they headed to the TTA while they waited. So when I got out, I had to wait on them once again.

greatescape.jpg

As you can see it was crazy crowded.

You can see Skips head here.

skipontta.jpg

One thing I realized this day…Each day I would look for the color of shirt that Skip was wearing to locate him. Today was turquois. Well it must’ve been turquois day today, because sooooo many people wore that color. There were groups of people wearing that color.

Another gross moment….As I was waiting for them to come down I saw a couple coming down …and they were very much in love…..so much so that they were making out on the conveyer belt down. Really, did they need to kiss that much right then and there?

skipandclaireofftta.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
I can’t remember exactly what we did next,….well next was another smoke break for skip…. but it involved heading towards Fantasyland again.

laughfloor.jpg

stitchesgreatescape.jpg

thecastle1.jpg

thecastle2.jpg

thecastle3.jpg

thecastleturret.jpg

thecastle4.jpg

villagehaus.jpg

I am now thinking this might’ve been when we used our Peter Pan Fast passes.

wendyflying.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
I think it has to be when we used them. Because the next stop was a smoking section and there is a time lapse in the pictures.

tower.jpg

smokebreak.jpg

While we sat there, we tried talking Claire into Splash Mountain; she wasn’t really for it, but no longer fighting it. So I sent Skip and Claire to the Country Bear Jamboree and I headed over to Splash to get FP’s for later. I had a little time to kill before my window opened for the next FP, so I explored a bit while waiting.

anotherwindowshot.jpg

btmrsign2.jpg

btmrmountain.jpg

btmrtower.jpg

howdyfolks.jpg

tools.jpg

totems.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
I arrived at Splash Mountain, but I still had about 15 minutes or so before I could pick up my next fast pass (I believe we had gotten one for Space Mountain earlier, so our window hadn’t opened yet), so I continued to just go around taking pictures while I waited.

splash1.jpg

waitingforboat.jpg

boatsplash.jpg

splashthatway.jpg

splashmill.jpg

pecos.jpg

laughinplace.jpg

splahsbears.jpg

birdhousenearsplash.jpg

frontierbuidling.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
I kept putting my ticket in and it said I had to wait. It was becoming annoying, till I realized I was about 5 minutes off on the time I could get the next one, so I waited and then got them.

The time to return was really close to the same time our Space Mountain return was. I figured we would do one for sure, possibly giving the others away or try for both. Claire still was saying she didn’t want to try Space out, and leery on Splash, but I knew this would be the one she would ride if given a choice.

I headed back and the family still wasn’t out of the Country Bears, so I waited around and soon found them. We decided it was probably time to get a bite to eat. I wanted Columbia Harbor House and at first we started that way, but I got complaints from Claire about it. She wasn’t hungry and they only had gross food there, etc. We had seen a corn dog stand back towards Pecos Bill and she said that sounded good, so Skip took her there and I went into Pecos Bill to order something for Skip and I. I don’t know if I have ever eaten here, but if I had, it was 12 -15 years ago, when the older 2 were little.
I got in line and saw they offered taco salad. Skip is a freak over taco salad, so I called him and he said, yes, get that for him. I really wasn’t in the mood for much on the menu, so I just went with a burger.
They made it in there before I even had a chance to order. We placed our order then and waited for the food to arrive.

pecosbill1.jpg

pecosbill2.jpg

After our food arrived, we made our way over to the toppings bar. I was really impressed with this. Skip was in heaven. I think he had started conversations with people while filling his salad bowl.

We went to find a table and this place was packed. I actually thought we might not find a table at all. It had filled up completely since I had walked in to order. Finally we found a table way in the back in a corner. There was some sort of little door up against the one seat, and Claire refused to sit by it for fear something would come out at her, so I got that lucky seat.

Our food.

pecosbilltacosalad.jpg

pecosbillburger.jpg

This was by far the best burger I have had on Disney property thus far. I loved all the extra toppings and the burger itself wasn’t dry. Claire finished off her corn dog fast and shared my fries too.

We left very full and happy. I will have to make it back here again in the future.

Now we had time to kill before fastpasses were due. I wanted to try the new/old Tikki Room. We arrived and they told us the wait, it wasn’t long, but Claire had to go to the bathroom, so she and I ran off to do that and missed that show by the time we got back. So we waited for the next one.

tiki1.jpg

tiki2.jpg

tiki3.jpg

watingfortiki.jpg

We had missed the pre-show the one and only other time we did it and I am not sure if that was changed or not.

tiki4.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
Soon we were let in and found a seat. There were not many people in here at all. I was NOT a fan of the old show, but Claire had liked it…..I can say I am not a fan of this version either, but again, Claire loved it.

tiki5.jpg

tiki6.jpg

tiki7.jpg

tiki8.jpg

tiki9.jpg

tiki10.jpg

We left the show with Skip wondering why in the world I had ever wanted to see this show. I told him I wanted to see the update, now I have…..never need to again. Basically we talked about the part of our life we had just lost while in there, and Claire at the same time was talking about how wonderful it was.

After the Tiki show, Skip had to use the restroom, so Claire and I said we would go have a seat in the smoking area nearby and wait for him.

We passed Aloha Isle and there was basically NO wait at all! So I got right in line and made our order. I had my first dole whip last summer at the Poly. It was just OK. I thought it was too much pineapple flavoring for me. This time I was getting the orange. I decided for the orange float.

We sat down and Claire was asking questions about why I got this, etc. I told her it was something I wanted to try and since it was so big, we could share. She held it out for a picture.

orangedolewhip1.jpg

orangdolewhip2.jpg

We started eating and it was pure heaven. Claire asked why I have never gotten one of these before, but I had to remind her that I had tried to a couple of times last year and she looked at the line and said no way.

Soon it became clear that I wasn’t going to get much.

eatingmydole.jpg

I actually had to fight to get my spoon in there…that little .

Skip found us and asked what we had. We told him and he took a bite…”Where did you get that?”….”right over there”. He left us and soon returned with a regular pineapple dolewhip float.

dolewhipfloat.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
I tasted it and it was darn good too. Much better than the plain dolewhip. I might have to have one of these in Nov…as well as the orange one too. Claire has already said there will be NO sharing.

Claire gave Skip’s a try after she finished off ours and soon he was fighting her for the rest of his as well.

Skip did mention that his feet were so much better today with the inserts. He wishes he would’ve done that the first day.

It was really nice just sitting there. I just had the magical feeling going on, and I mentioned how just sitting in MK was such a happy thing for me….my happy spot. Skip didn’t even make fun of me either.

While sitting there we heard others say that the MK was now going to be open an hour later that night…meaning it was closing at midnight instead of 11. I don’t know when they extended the hours, but I hadn’t heard anything about it earlier that day. Our plan was to watch the 2nd parade, which started at 11, so it really didn’t change our plans much.

We decided to head back over to Splash to use our FP’s. BUT MSEP was going on. The sidewalks were busy, but we pushed through. Once we got to where we would cross it was blocked off. I had never thought about that, but of course they wouldn’t let you through while the parade was going on….or so I thought.

We stood and waited.

waitingwithdad.jpg

We heard a CM telling everyone who wanted to cross to come to a certain area and at a break in the parade we could quickly cross. Soon there was a break and we all went through. It was kind of cool.

We made our way to Splash and got in line.

splashatnight.jpg

There was virtually no line….even in standby. Wow, the crowds must all be watching the parade now.

I didn’t get a lot of good shots this trip. It was too dark and I didn’t have a good lens.

splashtreehome.jpg

porkypine.jpg

beehivebear.jpg

beehivefox.jpg

We laughed at our picture after the ride. You can’t see me at all….because I am totally ducked down to avoid getting too wet. Claire did enjoy the ride and was happy she did it.

When we got off I decided to make the dash over to Space to use our Fast passes, but Skip and Claire weren’t going to, so I said I would call them when I got off.

libertysquarelitup.jpg

I was NOT thinking…The fireworks were going off and I had to make my way through the hub to get there. UGH!

fireworkmk.jpg

It was soooo crowded, but I pushed on. It’s so funny how so many people totally ignore the CM’s when they say please keep the walk ways clear. I just keep pushing my way through though. I found a family who appeared to be going the same way as I and I stuck to them like glue.

I also found a few things to take pictures of believe it or not.

mopmickey.jpg

fireworkcastle.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
tl1.jpg

Once we got to the other side of the hub we all really picked up speed and soon I lost them as they went somewhere else.

tl2.jpg

As I approached SM I saw a couple walking towards the entrance. I asked them if they were going to ride and they said yes. I told them I had 2 extra fast passes that were good right now if they went right in, and they said thanks, and took them….and then walked in the standby entrance. I kept moving, but hollered back…”those are good for right now”. I never saw them again. Well at least I tried.

I think I took this inside.

tl3.jpg

The ride was great. And once again it made me think that this is probably too wild for Claire’s liking.

As I walked back towards the castle I saw the Magic and Memories show going on. I love this show, so I stopped off to the side to get a few pictures. I swear it was slightly different than last Aug. I just loved it.

castelshow1.jpg

castelshow2.jpg

castleshow3.jpg

castleshow4.jpg

castleshow5.jpg

I contacted Skip and Claire and they were on the other side of the castle in the smoking section. I was hoping Claire was able to at least see part of the show. Skip said yes they could see it..

I started making my way there…snapping along the way.

tlalllit.jpg

castleshow6.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
meetarea.jpg

I reached Claire and Skip on the other side of the castle and got to see their view of the Castle show. Not quite as nice…but it was close up.

castleshow7.jpg

aftercastleshow.jpg

Claire had to tell me all about how some lady asked Dad for a cigarette because she didn’t have any of her own…then the lady kept talking to Dad. Yep neither of us could ever do anything behind each other’s back with Claire around…she announces it to the world. LOL

At this point Skip just wanted to find a spot to sit and wait for the parade. That actually sounded fine to all of us.

As we left I passed this…the new Sorcerer Mickey interactive game. I had seen people lined up all over the park in certain areas today and it took me a while to figure out what they were doing. I did figure it out though…and it looks very popular, but there was no way we would be waiting in those lines to do it.
This was the first time I could get a somewhat clear shot of it.

sorcerormickeygame.jpg

We then headed to Liberty Square to our favorite spot to watch the parade. ….usually right near the Christmas shop. It usually is not very busy there……in fact for the 2nd parade it’s often very empty.
We arrived and no one was around. We found a spot and I did double check with a CM that the 2nd parade would be coming through and she said yes. There weren’t even ropes up yet and it was 10:45.
Skip sat down and Claire and I decided to wander into the Christmas shop to browse.

christmasshoptree.jpg

claireandornaments.jpg

aliceorny.jpg

The CM in there followed us around. I can’t stand that. It feels like she doesn’t trust us and we are going to steal, or high pressure to buy something. And I don’t think she was too thrilled I was taking pictures…oh well.

Disneyornament4parks.jpg

ornamenttree.jpg

disneystockings.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
We left empty handed and this was the sight I saw as we walked out so I had to quick snap a picture.

nighttimecastle.jpg

Claire wanted to get in the sleigh for a few pictures, so we did several of those as well.

sleigh1.jpg

sleigh2.jpg

Notice she jumped to the back seat in this one.

sleigh3.jpg

And now we wait.

waitingformsep.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
Before long we could see the parade coming.

waitingforparade2.jpg

msep1.jpg

msep2.jpg

Claire and I had seen this last year in April. I also saw it a couple of times last summer, but this was Skips first time, though he didn’t realize it till the end.

msep3.jpg

msep4.jpg

msep5.jpg

msep6.jpg

msep7.jpg

msep8.jpg

msep9.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
msep31.jpg

msep32.jpg

msep33.jpg

msep34.jpg

msep35.jpg

I must say that this parade has grown on me. I am still not a big fan of the music…but I like it better now. I am still a huge Spectro fan though.

Skip made a comment about it being so short. That’s when he realized this was a different parade than what he has seen in the past…and he agreed, Spectro is much better to him as well.

We headed up towards the front. We were in no hurry, but we were ready to leave. So were a lot of other people.

headingout.jpg

I tried for another balloon shot…note to self……they don’t work well in the dark.

blurryballons.jpg

Claire and I needed to do a little shopping though. I was still on the hunt for a 2012 sweatshirt. Claire was on the hunt for anything.

I found one and it was love at first site…..just what I wanted.

sweatshirt1.jpg

sweatshirt2.jpg

This WILL be coming with me in November.

jenseib

Original Poster
Claire found 2 more Princess Sets….the ones that look like Polly pockets with the rubber dresses. I think she got Alice and Tiana…..and sadly Alice has lost her head. Literally! So we most likely will be buying another one when we go down in Nov. again. This was a very tragic moment when that had happened. LOTS of tears!!

I do not have pictures of those.

We carried our big bag out and found Skip, who had no desire to even set foot in a shop.

We stopped at our locker and picked up our jackets (never needed them this day) and we made our way out.

theatre.jpg

And I turned and got one last picture of the castle.

lastlook.jpg

We headed to the monorail and Skip thought we would have to take the resort one back since we arrived on it, but I assured him we could take either one and be fine.
Then we hopped a trolley and headed back to our car. It was amazing how empty the parking lot was. It wasn’t too hard to find the car because it was one of the only ones out there.

Soon we were zipping back to the Quality Inn…and someone fell asleep in the backseat. …..though she would never admit it. When we got back to the hotel we woke her up and headed back to the room.

tiredclaire.jpg

It was late, but Skip still had to watch a bit of TV before going to sleep. I think I caught up on facebook with my kindle. Claire soon griped that some of us in the room were trying to sleep and it would be easier if the TV was off. So off it went and we all quickly went to sleep, totally exhausted from the day. It was such a wonderful day though. It reconfirmed my love of Disney. This whole trip had been fun, but I am still a Disney girl at heart.

And that ends day 4. We still have another half day left! What will we do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom