You can take the Girl out of Disney, BUT.........

jenseib

Original Poster
And was very excited to run along the paths.

clairerunning.jpg

Skip and I found it boring pretty quickly on, but Claire did enjoy it, so we let her run around a bit….and I took some pictures.

libertybelle3.jpg

sawyerbarrels.jpg

paddles.jpg

barrelbridge.jpg

babblingbrooke.jpg

sawyerlattern.jpg

You could get some different views of things from the island….that was nice.

hauntmansionfromsawyerisland.jpg

btmrfromsawyerisland.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
We made our way to the fort and Claire took off exploring. Skip found a spot to sit…with many other adults. I was surprised how little they had available for sitting. Most parents were leaning on a wall or converting something to sit on….they need many more benches here.
I explored too and took a few pictures.

riflepost.jpg

sawyerchickens.jpg

horsesbehind.jpg

tipofbtmr.jpg

I decided to try some artsy shots and have different focus points.

canon1.jpg

canon2.jpg

usecottn.jpg

And a couple of more artsy shots.

rifle1.jpg

rifle2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
I had some dirty looks from kids when I was waiting my turn to get to the gun and cannon. LOL

btmrcontrs2.jpg

mk1.jpg

mk2.jpg

mk3.jpg

mk4.jpg

I actually lost Claire for a bit…and was scared. I asked Skip if he saw her and he said no…and I kept walking through the fort and couldn’t find her. She had been in there the whole time….we were just not in the same area at the same time and it kind of freaked me out a bit that it would be easy for kids to leave and no one would ever noticed.

mk5.jpg

mk6.jpg

We had had enough of the island…it was just too dang hot and though Claire liked it, I don’t like spending time at Disney doing this kind of run around play for too long. She got some energy out and that was good.

mk7.jpg

We had to wait for the raft again.

mk8.jpg

mk9.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
Another boat was coming around.

mk10.jpg

mk11.jpg

mk12.jpg

mk13.jpg

We loaded and we had a captain change too.

mk14.jpg

The lovey dovey couple were with us again on the return ride…this time I think the heat got to them as well and they weren’t so touchy feely. They are sitting right on the other side of this sign. And I’m sure they are a very nice couple…but it was hot and I hate being crammed up next to people.

mk15.jpg

We weren’t sure if they were training someone or just moving a raft around…but this empty one was off to the side of the main crossway.

mk16.jpg

mk17.jpg

mk18.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
mk19.jpg

mk20.jpg

And where did we go next……the smoking section.

mk21.jpg

I became real familiar with several of these areas on this day.

mk22.jpg

mk23.jpg

mk24.jpg

Claire and I then headed off to find a bathroom while Skip stopped to get a drink.

mk25.jpg

mk26.jpg

mk27.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
We then decided to ride Haunted mansion since it was right there. Again the line was fairly long, but it moved pretty fast.

mk28.jpg

mk29.jpg

mk30.jpg

mk31.jpg

mk32.jpg

mk33.jpg

mk34.jpg

mk35.jpg

mk36.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
We did skip the interactive queue. I am not sure how that works really. It seems like you lose your place in line when you go that way, while in the regular line you keep moving. Maybe I am missing something?

The ride was fun…we didn’t have switching heads in the hitchhiking ghost area like I did last summer. I forget actually what did happen, but we laughed and loved it….Maybe our heads got bigger?

mk37.jpg

mk38.jpg

Believe it or not…it was time for another smoke break. LOL. So off through Fantasyland we went.

jenseib

Original Poster
I saw the crane in action so I took a quick shot.

mk39.jpg

And I kept moving. Skip then said “Jen, Quick take a picture of that”. So I looked up and this is what I saw….the newest, greatest Fantasyland ride.

mk40.jpg

toiletmove-1.jpg

mk41.jpg

I sure wish I had my telephoto lens for that. WE all were laughing and lots of jokes were made.

The smoking section is right near the castle, so I took several more shots.

mk42.jpg

mk43.jpg

mk44.jpg

mk45.jpg

mk46.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
And then we headed towards Pooh.

mk47.jpg

This is another shot I wish I had my telephoto lens as well. I actually cropped it down for the look I wanted, but it’s not sharp.

mk48.jpg

mk49.jpg

mk50.jpg

mk51.jpg

mk52.jpg

mk53.jpg

2012-03-29_12-15-43_376-1.jpg

mk54.jpg

mk55.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
The people in front of us were kind of annoying. They kind of acted like the line was “theirs” and a little loud and annoying. It consisted mostly of adults and they were playing a little too rough with the interactive queue things.

mk56.jpg

mk57.jpg

mk58.jpg

mk59.jpg

mk60.jpg

Claire enjoyed running around and playing, but she would keep looking back at me to be sure she could see me still…..Skip did walk out there with her and kept a closer eye on her as well.

mk61.jpg

Claire really enjoyed the interactive play while waiting.

poohpumpkins.jpg

poohwatermelon.jpg

seed.jpg

seed2.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
poohwaiting.jpg

poohplaying.jpg

Claire really concentrated hard at making her bee follow along.

bee1.jpg

bee2.jpg

When we got to the end she wondered what to do. (She wasn’t getting good examples from the people in front of us). I told her to hand it off to whoever was waiting on the other side, and she did it so nicely.

bee3.jpg

hunnythisway.jpg

honeywall1.jpg

This wall made me cringe. She loved it…but I just kept thinking about how many other people have touched it…she was doused with hand sanitizer afterwards.

honeywall2.jpg

rooandkanga.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
Another look over to Fantasyland.

fle1.jpg

fle2.jpg

While waiting in line, we had some people ask where Claire got her dress. I would love to promote my dear Dis friend Janet…but Claire thinks that Mrs. Claus made it….so that is the answer I had to give when she was around.

poohsballoon.jpg

Time to ride!

rooflyingaway.jpg

poohpictures.jpg

bouncingtigger.jpg

woozles.jpg

tiggerandpiglet.jpg

And a few shots in the gift shop….soooo cute!

pillowtigger.jpg

pilloweeyore.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
stuffedpooh.jpg

I decided we should head over and check out the new Dumbo location. I believe it had only opened maybe 2 weeks before we arrived. I was excited to see the new location.

I took pictures along the way.

newfantasyland.jpg

poohtree.jpg

fantasydwarves.jpg

mtp.jpg

arielanderic.jpg

walkingtodumbo.jpg

welcometosbc.jpg

circusarea.jpg

jenseib

Original Poster
The ground is even themed……so cute.

horseshoeprint.jpg

dumboahead.jpg

barnstormer1.jpg

I think the line was about 30 minutes…maybe less…but for Dumbo…that isn’t too bad, so we hopped in line.

waitingfordumbo.jpg

And of course I took pictures while we waited.

orecranes.jpg

umboticketbox.jpg

dumbofpreturn.jpg

dfordumbo.jpg

You are not going to believe this….but we had another Non-english speaking family behind us…the ones that make you feel like they want to jump in front of you in line. I swear they were constantly breathing down the back of my neck. They had 2 little ones that kept running up in the line too. I know it’s hard to wait…I hate waiting too…but I guess I have been fairly lucky that all my kids learned early on that if you want to ride…you wait patiently……well you wait. LOL
Again it was hot…and I just hate people right up against my backside. I will move as soon as the people in front of me do.

dumboinflight.jpg

trainstationfromdumbo.jpg

AndyMagic

Thanks for the wonderful trip report. To say I felt like I was there would be an understatement. I forgot how terrible the line for Splash gets in the summer when Big Thunder is down for refurbishment. Yikes.

jenseib

Original Poster
Thanks for the wonderful trip report. To say I felt like I was there would be an understatement. I forgot how terrible the line for Splash gets in the summer when Big Thunder is down for refurbishment. Yikes.

Thanks. Yes, Splash gets pretty wild. We were at Mk last about a week later (Spring break) and BTMR was running and Splash still had really long lines then too.

jenseib

Original Poster
Finally we got to hop in our elephants. I took a few more pictures before liftoff.

dumboride1.jpg

dumboride2.jpg

dumboride3.jpg

And we now are in the sky!

dumboride4.jpg

I was really trying to get pictures of the new Fantsayland.

dumboride5.jpg

dumboride6.jpg

dumboride7.jpg

dumboride8.jpg

If I had been thinking though, I should’ve looked down and got some of the other Dumbo ride being built.
Sadly I thought of that while we were ending and this was the only picture I got of it.

newdumbo.jpg

We had a fun time. I’m glad we rode it.
We debated on Goofy’s Barnstermer, but Claire said no. The line had gotten long, but she was adamant about not riding it as well.
So we headed off to the new bathrooms.

newbathrooms.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom